#hondaProblems

Jerzboy76

Forum Newbie
Threads
So my hrz216tda finally started giving me problems(years without any) I first noticed I need more than one pull to start, then after emptying the grass even more pulls to restart. This week I try to start it cold and all I got was a few pops but no start, I changed the plug, oil, air filter, and still just popping so I took the carb off cleaned it out and reinstalled it and tried to start it but now nothing ... Not even the popping, after a few pulls I noticed a decent flow of gasoline escaping the air filter housing and also a dark liquid burst out the muffler which I never seen? Can someone tell me what's going on? What I did wrong and how I can resolve it thanks!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sure sounds like a fuel-delivery or choke problem. You should confirm the choke is working properly and consider installing a new carb (they are usually inexpensive) and can often be a quick and easy fix to solve poor running / starting problems. Ignition/spark problems are less likely to be the issue.

Jerzboy76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I realized I had one of the gaskets reversed but seems like its wanting to start again but can't almost like how it was in the beginning with the popping with some smoke on both sides but not starting:( yet. Any suggestions?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is gasoline still escaping the air filter housing. if so you have to take off the carb again reclean and set it up.

Jerzboy76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fix the gas leak it was due to me accidentally putting one of the carb gaskets on wrong, I even got it to start today after a bunch of pulls and cut the lawn too, I hope its not going to give me problems next week.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fix the gas leak it was due to me accidentally putting one of the carb gaskets on wrong, I even got it to start today after a bunch of pulls and cut the lawn too, I hope its not going to give me problems next week.

Was the gasket in good order when you put it back on, it may be pulling air, thats why you need to pull for so long, just a thought. happy days are here again.