Recent content by Freddie21

  1. F

    Craftsman DYT4000 won't push manually

    Hi All, got the Craftsman DYT4000 with a hydro trans. It won't push manually in reverse and very hard in forward. I pulled the brake outside caliper off, cleaned all the parts and reassembled. Removed any grass from the trans and brake area. Brake disk is loose with pedal up and turns with...
  2. F

    Ariens drive pedals won't go down

    Got to the top of the trans and cleaned it off. Seems to be a bind when moving for to rev in the mechanism. It does not have the debris upgrade. Next is to pull the vari-pulley and see what's under it. Main belt is worn but not cracked. Don't know if that would cause the pedals not to go down.
  3. F

    Ariens drive pedals won't go down

    Thanks again, I'm gonna try and get to the top and pull the linkage off to see if the trans shifts or binds. I researched and came up with a few part numbers, but did not check for availability. I don't think I'll open it.
  4. F

    Ariens drive pedals won't go down

    Thanks ST, I got the trans info from the parts manual. The second belt made me think of a CVT, but the engage\disengage arm threw me. The CVT's I'm used to seeing have direction selectors. Should I consider this junk or a winter project?
  5. F

    Ariens drive pedals won't go down

    The problem starts after moving forward first. Then the revere pedal won't go down. When it does, it goes low enough to catch under the foot rest. I can fix that by bending it to the left a bit. The binding seems to be on the top of the trans.
  6. F

    Ariens drive pedals won't go down

    Hi Tiger. I have the belt off the motor as I am replacing the ACR. All pulley, except the trans (can't see yet) are in fine shape, belt too, but I will replace it. Machine is clean all the way back. The linkage arms all are good, no binds. Connection to the foot pedals was wobbly, so I...
  7. F

    Ariens drive pedals won't go down

    Been a while since I've asked for help. That's a good thing. I have an Ariens 19hp, 42", model 936083, prod=960460061, ser 041615A33927. It's a hydro axle that I have never seen before. All plastic (2002 vintage) with 2 drive belts. Hydro Gear T2-AABC-1X2B-1GX1. Lots of miles, but moves...
  8. F

    No fuel pump output

    Remove the gas line from the carb and put it in a container to catch the gas. If you can, remove the pickup from the tank, or disconnect the line at the top of the tank. Fill a small bottle 1\2 full of gas and submerse the line in it. Crank the engine and compare the output of the pump to...
  9. F

    2026 Toro 60" Havoc Timesaver

    I've seen a broken spindle, or bent deck, cause the blade tips to collide and make a banging noise. Check the tip of the blades compared to each other. All should be level and at same height. One may be bent. Compare the heights and levelness of the spindle pulleys.
  10. F

    Frustrated with a Cub LT 1018 No Start problem

    No where have I read that you have gotten spark, unless I missed it. If no spark THRU the spark plug, then disconnect the kill wire and see if it returns. If so, you have a switch\wiring issue. If not, replace coil. I'd replace the plug too.
  11. F

    Mowing across a semi-steep slope

    I agree with gearhead. I have two steering wheel zt machines and they perform much better on the slopes. No dog-tracking and the front end stays on the ground. My slope is so much, I have to mow up and down. I got rid of my Deere 318 after falling off it twice. If you can find a used Cub...
  12. F

    Suddenly stopped, fuel leaking from bottom part of carburetor

    Before running again, check the oil. If over full, or not, there may be fuel in it. If so, drain, replace filter and oil. Remove plug and spin the engine. Plug may be wet and need to be replaced.
  13. F

    2016 xt1 50" trans belt

    Ignore my last post, didn't see one about loose trans. Many trans are mounted with the 4 bolts at the axle and 2-4 thru mounting brackets to the front and sides of the trans. They all must be there and tight.
  14. F

    2016 xt1 50" trans belt

    Belt should only be loose when brake on. Check for something dragging the belt. Check that the pulleys are not bent and are level with each other. On remaining pulleys, feel inside for and ridges or rough spots.
  15. F

    Briggs & Stratton 21 HP platinum exhaust valve barley moving

    In my case, I have seen a valve seat being raised and most recently, a rocker arm cracked and not raising correctly.
Back
Top