Ya think he needs new blades

rad14701

Forum Newbie
Threads
View attachment 59772

JD Z245. This is one season on these blades. Guy lives on a farm. I just finished scraping still wet grass from last season out od the deck. It was packed so bad the grass was down to the blades. Had to use a pry bar to get most of it out.

I was going through two sets of the high-lift blades per season on my YTH-2348 due to the fine sandy soil I have here that got sucked up and sand-blasted them far worse than the blade pictured... I ended up switching to mulching blades and only had to dress the blades once last mowing season instead of a couple times per set for the high-lift blades... They're good to go for this season and maybe beyond that...

robertschemenauer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a craftsman DGT6000 54" deck .2.2 ac. still using the original blades .Shharpen when needed. only 17 seasons old.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sure looks like a Rock Garden..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Even my blades looks rough after a year of cutting my grass. Fescue is rough on blades plus cutting up to 6 acres don't help a lot either. Several mow a lot down tree limbs [twigs] with their mowers. Kinda hard not to; unless, we are constantly raking our whole yards weeks before mowing.