Weed Eating Secrets Please.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
It promotes better posture for tall people.
I bought mine to save my back. Being hunched over, while using a weed whacker, causes me a lot of back pain. A trimmer strap doesn’t help me one bit.
Okay, the simple angle I have to hold while edging kills my back as well. Even with the strap I have issues at times. Course I have about 300-400 feet of edging to do in the front only. Wonder if I need a super wonder bar?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
It weights grams ounces and changes the balance in a positive way for me. I'm going to paint the thing. It screams "please ask me wtf this is." I'd guess it's very similar to those commercial bicycle bars with a throttle.
So changing the trimmer balance, how does that take away back pain? That crazy small angle I have to stoop to kills me as well. My strap takes the balance out of the mix. Hmmmm.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a padded trimmer strap. Let your body carry the trimmer weight. I have a ton of edging. It's a must have for sure.

Guess that Darwin adds weight towards the head and will change the trimmer balance.
It promotes better posture for tall people.
I bought mine to save my back. Being hunched over, while using
Okay, the simple angle I have to hold while edging kills my back as well. Even with the strap I have issues at times. Course I have about 300-400 feet of edging to do in the front only. Wonder if I need a super wonder bar?
I’m 6’2” tall and it certainly makes me stand more upright. I have a good bit of trimming to do, before mowing. For folks who have weed whacker with dual handle bars, I don’t think the bar would be necessary. That’s where the shoulder strap comes in handy. For edging of my driveway and sidewalk, I use a dedicated Echo edger.
I’ve thought about adding the bar to the edger. The edger doesn’t really cause me any back pain.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I barely have to stoop over and kills my back. I've tried gas edgers and electrics. That straight cut looks terrible and doesn't last till the grass grows again. The way I edge with a trimmer puts a back cut towards the lawn to make the edge last a little longer till the grass grows again. You can adjust the McLane gas edgers to make a back cut but still didn't look right. A trimmer to me, gives the best edge look.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I barely have to stoop over and kills my back. I've tried gas edgers and electrics. That straight cut looks terrible and doesn't last till the grass grows again. The way I edge with a trimmer puts a back cut towards the lawn to make the edge last a little longer till the grass grows again. You can adjust the McLane gas edgers to make a back cut but still didn't look right. A trimmer to me, gives the best edge look.
A weed whacker works well when edging flower beds. I can use the weed whacker to edge my driveway, sidewalk, and patio however, the edger is quicker for me.

tgzzzz

Threads
A weed whacker works well when edging flower beds. I can use the weed whacker to edge my driveway, sidewalk, and patio however, the edger is quicker for me.
I loves my edger attachment. As regards balance, you need not reach down to the D handle, this handle comes to you in an aspect that doesn't encourage weight bearing.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I loves my edger attachment. As regards balance, you need not reach down to the D handle, this handle comes to you in an aspect that doesn't encourage weight bearing.
You are correct. The D handle forces the operator to hunch over. I might end up adding the Darwin Grip to my edger. It works wonders on my weed whacker.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are correct. The D handle forces the operator to hunch over. I might end up adding the Darwin Grip to my edger. It works wonders on my weed whacker.
Okay for testing, one could move the D handle down to simulate that wonder bar? If that works, why are you guys buying another gadget that adds more weight to the tool?

I can't wrap my peanut head around changing the balance with another bar helping back pain. Moving my D handle down this weekend to test.

How far down should it go? Going to copy what you guys have with that wonder bar. Stay tuned.