Troy-Bilt Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

cbdeitz

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI, cbdeitz here...We have a Troy-Bilt, z-start, 6.75 HP, 21 inch self-propelled mower, about 4-5 years old. This belonged to my dad who has recently passed away & we can't find where the air filter is located. Mower starts right up but won't keep running. New gas, new oil, clean, new spark plug...Help, I'm a female & am 72 & every mower I've ever had it has been easy to find & clean or replace the air filter, but can't seem to find any air filter on this mower. No prime & it appears no choke either. Thanks for any help.

chipinsc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the checklist. I will give it a try & let you knopw the status

eomolina

Threads
Hello! My name is Edwin and I just acquired an used Troy-Bilt 2006 Pony. I gave it some TLC and worked great! I fell in love with the little thing... hehehe... :laughing: I joined the forum because I hit something and now I'm having issues. Anyhow, I'm looking forward learning more on how to take care of my mower... and maybe help someone else. :D

floridadon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I have a Mustang Colt, model 17AE2ACG011. I have to replace the transmission drive belt for the first time. The manual neglects to mention that the PTO clutch must come off to put the new belt on. A call to Troy Bilt resulted in no information as to whether the bolt holding the clutch on is left or right hand and how to best keep the main shaft from turning while turning the bolt. Any thoughts ? Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
Don in Florida

fhm615

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I am fhm615 from Texas. I own a 5HP Troy-Bilt Walk behind with a Honda Motor. I was prompted to join this forum out of desparation to figure what an extra part was that came with my new mower that nobody can figure out I have talked to. Was not shown in the owners manual. I suspect it is fueling related but thats a blind guess. Any help appreciated and I look forward to meeting everyone. :biggrin: See pic below.

Mystery.jpg

Threads
Hello I am fhm615 from Texas. I own a 5HP Troy-Bilt Walk behind with a Honda Motor. I was prompted to join this forum out of desparation to figure what an extra part was that came with my new mower that nobody can figure out I have talked to. Was not shown in the owners manual. I suspect it is fueling related but thats a blind guess. Any help appreciated and I look forward to meeting everyone. :biggrin: See pic below.

Mystery.jpg

Just to let people know who might have this same question, I answered fhm615's question in this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/12464-what.html#post81397

Gray75

Forum Newbie
Threads
User name is gray75. I'm glad I found and joined this site. I'm sure it will be very helpful. I recently purchased '05 Troy Bilt Super Bronco rider with a rusted out deck. I have model number/ serial number for rider and part number for deck. I'm trying to find a used deck locally (what a chore). Does there exist a cross-reference manual that would indicate which mower decks would be compatible with this tractor, or is it just the one (part number) that came with the tractor?

Threads
User name is gray75. I'm glad I found and joined this site. I'm sure it will be very helpful. I recently purchased '05 Troy Bilt Super Bronco rider with a rusted out deck. I have model number/ serial number for rider and part number for deck. I'm trying to find a used deck locally (what a chore). Does there exist a cross-reference manual that would indicate which mower decks would be compatible with this tractor, or is it just the one (part number) that came with the tractor?

WELCOME TO LMF!
I would suggest contacting Troy-Bilt....they should be able to help! :smile:

But if you want help here we will need the model numbers. :smile:

Gray75

Forum Newbie
Threads
Contacting Troy-Bilt probably sounds easier than it is.
I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

So help here would really be appreciated. The model number of my Super Bronco rider is 13AT609G766 and the Serial Number is 1A125H20701. Per M&D Mower, this indicates it is a '05 year model.
And this is verified by looking at parts drawings and comparing with my in need of replacement deck.

The deck part number is 683-04162 which has been replaced by MTD number 983-04162a.

In looking for a used deck (what a chore), what other decks from what other tractors would be compatible with my current 13AT609G766? Or is this a unique one time combination for '05?

ktmlbates

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi i am ktmlbates...i have several different mowers...like wkn on them...have friends (lol) who have me wk on theirs... :tongue:
have visited your site many times now, and like the way you folks treat each other and how helpful you are!
hope to be a good member!
thanks!