The perfect coffee...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The origin of Kopi Luwak is closely connected with the history of coffee production in certain country's. The Native farmers and plantation were workers prohibited to pick coffee fruits for their own use.
The natives learned that (The Civet) consumed the coffee fruits, yet they left the coffee seeds undigested in their droppings. The natives collected the Luwak's dropping coffee seeds, cleaned, roasted and ground it to make there coffee beverage.

Last edited:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
The origin of Kopi Luwak is closely connected with the history of coffee production in certain country's. The Native farmers and plantation were workers prohibited to pick coffee fruits for their own use.
The natives learned that (The Civet) consumed the coffee fruits, yet they left the coffee seeds undigested in their droppings. The natives collect these Luwak's dropping coffee seeds; cleaned, roasted and ground it to make there coffee beverage.
Interesting...

Mower manic

Threads
I think you'll find that the true Scotch drinker will always drink his scotch straight up never mixed, never with water or over ice.
And that is how it should be..... When someone has gone to the trouble to distill single malt mash and age for 12 years or more in charred oak barrels, seems kind of foolish to mix it, even with ice. Sort of like ordering expensive mineral water with ice.

As far as Civet digested coffee beans (Kopi Luwak) are concerned, I might be tempted to pay 30 dollars for a cup one time just to say I tried the coffee but I don't believe I'd make it a regular part of my diet.

If the superior flavor is attributed to fermentation that occurs in the cats digestive system, seems to me it wouldn't be hard to duplicate the process in a more controlled and accessible environment. Tea leaves, hot peppers (Tabasco brand) and kimchi, are fermented to add or infuse flavor.
Seems like that might be the next big thing....fermented coffee. There would have to be a more marketable name imparted to the process. "Luwakified coffee" or "kopi coffee" How about "all natural organic mountain grown feline coffee"
There ya go Rick, get some beans and get to fermenting, you could start the next Starbucks, Call it Ricky-B's heavenly coffee. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
YUPP !!! Congrats on starting such a great thread...:thumbsup:
:laughing: This is the thing with forums, you don't know if somebody is being sarcastic or not...

Mower manic

Threads
:laughing: This is the thing with forums, you don't know if somebody is being sarcastic or not...
It seems like he's being sarcastic because it was Ric's post that made it interesting, so your thread is getting a lot of replies.....he's not being sarcastic. Good thread, everybody drinks coffee on this side of the pond.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

SARCASTIC....WHO, ME....???:confused2::confused2::laughing:

Walleteater1

Threads
Is my neighbors. We usually let the dogs out at the same time in the morning and I go out of my way to walk over and exchange good morning pleasentries with him and he usually offers me a cup of coffee. His dog sometimes wanders over and dumps in my yard so I don't mind his offer.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is my neighbors. We usually let the dogs out at the same time in the morning and I go out of my way to walk over and exchange good morning pleasentries with him and he usually offers me a cup of coffee. His dog sometimes wanders over and dumps in my yard so I don't mind his offer.

UMMMM....any chance you could feed the dog(s) coffee berries and try them for brewing once they are run thru the digestive system.....:laughing: