The perfect coffee...

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Right, here is how I make my "perfect coffee".

Ingredients:

2 Teaspoons of good quality instant coffee granules
3-4 Teaspoons of sugar
Just under a quarter of a cup of milk

Method:

Add the coffee and sugar to a mug, pour on the milk and stir a little (reason for adding the milk first is so that you don't burn the coffee granules by adding boiling water first), add the boiled water and give it a good stir, about 8-10 seconds should suffice.

Then, sit back, and enjoy!

I use that "recipe" of making coffee every morning, and it wakes me up a treat.

173abn

Threads
I use Folgers grounds,three big spoons in a filter and run it through the Mr.Coffee.No milk for me.All the patients at the Hospital I worked made instant coffee,got where I could'nt stand even smelling it let alone drink it...russ

Mower manic

Threads
Instant coffee is better than nothing.I like to brew my coffee and I don't put milk in it ether.
Jmurray!
What do you mix your scotch with ? Coke?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Instant coffee is better than nothing.I like to brew my coffee and I don't put milk in it ether.
Jmurray!
What do you mix your scotch with ? Coke?

No body mixes coke with Scotch, only ice. For coffee how about Kopi Luwak, best in the world.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
No body mixes coke with Scotch, only ice. For coffee how about Kopi Luwak, best in the world.

Ever had any of it? That is the stuff that is made from coffee beans that have been eaten by the Asian palm civet cat, they digest the fleshy pulp, and they poop out the hard stuff they cannot digest. The price is about $100 to $600 PER POUND OF COFFEE BEANS. One very rare type in Vietnam can cost as much as $3000 per pound.

If you have indeed tried it, Ric, that makes you the cat's a-- :laughing::laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ever had any of it? That is the stuff that is made from coffee beans that have been eaten by the Asian palm civet cat, they digest the fleshy pulp, and they poop out the hard stuff they cannot digest. The price is about $100 to $600 PER POUND OF COFFEE BEANS. One very rare type in Vietnam can cost as much as $3000 per pound.

If you have indeed tried it, Ric, that makes you the cat's a-- :laughing::laughing:

Mini Motors

Threads
Chock full o'nuts is that heavenly coffee,
Heavenly coffee, heavenly coffee.
Better coffee Rockefellers´ money can't buy.

Okay, so I went to Wikipedia to make sure I had the lyrics right, and found these original ones. Apparently "the company had to alter the lyrics from "Rockefellers´ money" to "a millionaire´s money" after being sued by New York governor Nelson Rockefeller, who owned coffee interests in Latin America".

You learn something new every day.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Heavenly coffee, heavenly coffee.
Better coffee Rockefellersエ money can't buy.

Okay, so I went to Wikipedia to make sure I had the lyrics right, and found these original ones. Apparently "the company had to alter the lyrics from "Rockefellersエ money" to "a millionaireエs money" after being sued by New York governor Nelson Rockefeller, who owned coffee interests in Latin America".

You learn something new every day.

You are ONE LETTER AWAY from having your post deleted...TAKE HEED !!!

Parkmower

Threads
Tim Hortons large double double. Everyone I know swears they put crack in it to keep you coming back.

Mower manic

Threads
No body mixes coke with Scotch, only ice.

Not true!
I seldom drink hard liquor, but when i do, I drink it straight. There are many of us who will mix a fine cognac with coke or drink scotch with milk, or soft drinks. My question was directed to the Scotsman who prefers instant coffee to fresh brewed. I have to admit I have not tried his recipe and until I do I will reserve judgement.
As far as pre-digested coffee beans are concerned my thoughts are the same, however I would add that I'm not interested in paying 30$ a cup for coffee I can't afford to drink, and if indeed it is as good as they claim, I would have to ponder why I would want to drink something that would make every cup of coffee from that point on inferior.
I look for arabica and I will pay about 10-11 dollars for it, a little less than a pound as I recall. I drink it, I like it, why screw around with cat poop?