The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Winter is NOT over !! I'm just thinkin of all the flooding that will head down the Mississloppy River when ALL that snow starts meltin, every year it's the same damn thing, Why this country can't build some HUGE reservoirs down stream and major sized drainage canals into the mid-western states and TEXAS is beyond me, just like when we did the Panama Canal but on a bigger scale if need be ! WOW lot's of HUUUUGE Tonka toys !! .. :thumbsup:..:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Winter is NOT over !! I'm just thinkin of all the flooding that will head down the Mississloppy River when ALL that snow starts meltin, every year it's the same damn thing, Why this country can't build some HUGE reservoirs down stream and major sized drainage canals into the mid-western states and TEXAS is beyond me, just like when we did the Panama Canal but on a bigger scale if need be ! WOW lot's of HUUUUGE Tonka toys !! .. :thumbsup:..:laughing:

It don't work like that Boo.
Without the flushing & flooding the rivers become sewers very quickly.
The ground to the west needs to be able to carry the river and in many cases where similar has been tried the water just soaked in & went into the artesian basins.
You can dam & then pump but that requires a lot of real estate and pumping water ain't cheap either.
There are "rivers" down here where 10' or better of water vanishes into the river bed in a few miles.

Been lots of BS about doing the same thing here ever since stupid ignorant white men got here who seem to think every inch of the country has to look like an English Country Garden

And on the subject of HOT, pulled 51 C (125 F ) at the farm today.
Customers up the hill measured 52 C.
Highest recorded "city" temp was 48 C but the current government are climate change deniers so they shifted a lot of weather stations to show the average is going down not up.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

GOOD Mornin gang !!
AHHHhhhh a nice toasty 36deg. this morn. Guess I'll go out N wash the car, N water the garden !

Top-30-Funny-Good-Morning-Quotes-morning-word.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 172,538

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 172,538

YEAH Chuck, GOOD Mornin to you too, ... YOU'RE LATE !! .. AGAIN !! We can't be havin this schitt !! You givin us a black-eye, you need to start your "bedroom recreational activities" a bit sooner before sleepy-time, GABEEESH ??

AA.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

It don't work like that Boo.
Without the flushing & flooding the rivers become sewers very quickly.
The ground to the west needs to be able to carry the river and in many cases where similar has been tried the water just soaked in & went into the artesian basins.
You can dam & then pump but that requires a lot of real estate and pumping water ain't cheap either.
There are "rivers" down here where 10' or better of water vanishes into the river bed in a few miles.

Been lots of BS about doing the same thing here ever since stupid ignorant white men got here who seem to think every inch of the country has to look like an English Country Garden

And on the subject of HOT, pulled 51 C (125 F ) at the farm today.
Customers up the hill measured 52 C.
Highest recorded "city" temp was 48 C but the current government are climate change deniers so they shifted a lot of weather stations to show the average is going down not up.

AHHhhh MINOR details Bert ! New CHALLENGES to overcome ! This country NEEDS a remodel job anyway, and we need to get the "blue-collar" boy's back to work, building Huge Tonka toys and using them, and as far as the cost goes..?? well hell, that's the the easy part, AS USUAL, a quick phone-call to the head-honcho at the Treasury dept., tellin him to fire-up the presses N start printing some more "green-backs" like usual, ( more folks back to work ) as it seems the "Climate-Change" addicts and Millennials have ALL the answer's these days, let THEM, figure how to restore the budget ( get's them out of their "safe-spaces" and away from their coloring - books and Pla-Doh ! ) Maybe, they could build HUUUUGE statues of Marks, Lenin, Stalin, Bill & Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and a few more, to replace those Historic one's they keep tearing down, along with a HUGE "Temple" , dedicated to Mark Zuckerberg & Face-Book ! Once they accomplish THAT feat !..:laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

A little of Boobala's Philosophy, BUT realize, I DON'T practice what I preach, I spend too much time on this thread, trying to keep a gang of "neer do well" ragtag wrench-benders, under control .. :laughing:..:laughing:

It ain't "NEER" do well, ya dang redneck, . . . it's NARE do well, . . . as in NEVER do well, which fits this gang of greasy knuckled, wrench twistin, thread posters perfectly..

Besides, keepin' this gang "under control" as you suggest, would be likened to keepin' thirty cats in a cardboard box! Good luck!!! :cool:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

It ain't "NEER" do well, ya dang redneck, . . . it's NARE do well, . . . as in NEVER do well, which fits this gang of greasy knuckled, wrench twistin, thread posters perfectly..

Besides, keepin' this gang "under control" as you suggest, would be likened to keepin' thirty cats in a cardboard box! Good luck!!! :cool:

.........tumblr_m79bsqgjuq1r0wqrdo1_500 - Copy.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

YEAH Chuck, GOOD Mornin to you too, ... YOU'RE LATE !! .. AGAIN !! We can't be havin this schitt !! You givin us a black-eye, you need to start your "bedroom recreational activities" a bit sooner before sleepy-time, GABEEESH ??

View attachment 35292

I knew I would be getting crap from you this morning. Wifes needs come first. Feet are hurting her because of the front coming through.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

It don't work like that Boo. ever since stupid ignorant white men got here ..... ..... .....

You know there are times when I wonder about Bert-Man.. Either he suffers from the same syndrome some whites in America do, you know the ones, that relate with American Indians, (seeing them as saviors of the planet). Or maybe he IS an outback bushman, swamped in the white-man's cesspool that has engulfed his country. . . . I dunno, but I understand his anguish. Most of us despair at the loss of 'Nature' that we see every day, but unless we reduce the number of humans inhabiting the earth, I fear this trend will continue until some disaster puts things back into balance. Probably not a popular view, but true all the same...

Evidently cold weather (and advancing age) effects my thinking.. I'm getting down in the mouth... And Yes Boo, 34*F down here feels much colder than 10*F does in Maine. It has to do with the humidity. The humidity in Maine in the winter is so friggin' low you can leave a package of crackers open for a month and they are still crisp! Don't try that here!

Rog