The Daily Yardman Thread

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: New Zealand

Bert-man,

I watched a TV show called "Aerial New Zealand" yesterday, what a beautiful land!! How come you don't move there? If I wasn't so damn old I think I would! I've been fortunate to see as much of this planet as I have, but I will honestly feel deprived if I don't get to visit that country. Absolutely fabulous.. "Other Worldly"...

I saw eucalyptus trees in San Diego, and there maybe some in Florida, but I don't recall seeing any there.

Rog

California imported millions of them to "tame the desert".
They have been paying the price ever since.
Gums are the fastest growing hardwoods so get used for wood chip plantations world wide.

NZ is a nice place to visit, but I would not like to live there.
Too much rain
too much wind
too many earthquakes.
too many people

not enough work.

I have roots in Aust and in reality it is a blessed country plagued by bad politics.
Because it is blessed we get really lazy self serving politicans who have destroyed the country for their own personal gain.
The auto industry is a perfect example.
Then we get stuff like off shore detention.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Holy Cowabunga guys , I had to go back 4 frickin pages to get the posts all figured out, some about this on that page, some about that on this page, and so forth, finally got my compass level again ...SHEEEEESHHH ! ...:confused2:..:confused2:..:confused2:

Yeah nice shed there Goomba, wish I had an inkling of your wood-working knowledge and abilities, you should be proud !!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

C
NZ is a nice place to visit, but I would not like to live there.
Too much rain
too much wind
too many earthquakes.
too many people

Too much ovine methane.................

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Too much ovine methane.................

Funny, we like to call them sheep shaggers, but we actually have a much higher ratio of sheep to people than the "Shakey land"
In fact we have the highest ratio of cattle to people and sheep to people of any country in the world.
You have to see a 10,000 head flock of sheep to believe it

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

10,000 sheep don't lie..........9but, they DO pass a lot of methane....)

Certainly do.
Been advocating for farming roos for decades for meat production.
A lot less methane cause they are not ruminants and they naturally self regulate reproduction so you don't have to go out and shoot 100 animals every week during a drought.
Being browsers rather than graizers they can be farmed in scrubby forests rather than open pasture so that is better for the enviroment.
Meat is really good but a little bland as they do not grow much in the way of fat so it can be a touch tricky to cook.

Naturally our lazy, Europen centric politicians made roo farming illegal but that is slowly changing.
Funny how a meat that has sustained the native population for 50,000 years is apparently unfit for human consumption.
Possum is really good eating too ( that is Possum, a vegitarian mammal, not Opossum your rodent )

Our friends in NZ farm them & sell them to Japan as "Kiwi Bear" so they don't get mixed up with the former mentioned rodent.
We are not allowed to eat them ( or ever farm them ) here unless we have black skin which is a shame cause they are fabulous eating, particularly if they have been eating flowers in spring or summer.
But our politicians encourage us to breed rabbits for human food, an animal that is difficult to control so continually escape and go ferral along with their mates that are eating the heart out of the country and cost graizers trying to run sheep & beef hundreds of millions each year to eradicate.

I some times think we have the most stupid politicians on the entire universe.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Certainly do.

But our politicians encourage us to breed rabbits for human food, an animal that is difficult to control so continually escape and go ferral along with their mates that are eating the heart out of the country and cost graizers trying to run sheep & beef hundreds of millions each year to eradicate.

I some times think we have the most stupid politicians on the entire universe.

Just like in the good old U.S. of A. --------------your government: There to protect you from yourself in spite of yourself !

primerbulb120

Threads

NICE truck !! But I must not have my years right, can you get around in that model's bread-box to work on it ..NOT loaded with EPA junk..?? maybe a 77 model, or even a 67 model, yeah, they were built with-out the mandated garbage I THINK !! ..:cool:

Also, does Clyde (primerbulb120) pay you to go over, and help him on occasion, to CONFISCATE these boat-loads of push-mowers he's accumulating to open the worlds GREATEST push-mower repository ?? ..:confused::confused:

Mine is a 94. I can stand in the engine compartment because there's enough room.

Roger: Your car should be fine towing a trailer, but 230 degrees was too hot for your transmission. 180 is the number to shoot for.

primerbulb120

Threads
Re: Trailer towing

I had a few friends down South Fl. way, YEARS ago, when I first got out of the military, 1970 , they went into new-car dealerships in a factory sponsered training pgm. told me all the problems of their days, granted I have NOT kept up with vehicles as I used too, but I remember well, being told of how many trannys would fail, months after towing a boat or trailer of some sort, even the vehicles with a trailer towing option, just beefier suspension and a tow bar installation, NOT a better or modified tranny, nope, I rebuilt a few manual trannys in my day but the first time I saw the innards of a matic I said UNT-Uhh , I aint touchin that can of worms. IF I REALLY, REALLY need a truck, I'll go rent one from U-Haul, cheapest way out in my book ! car's are designed to carry people, trucks are designed to carry schitt ! SIMPLE ..NO ..??? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

I removed the 230 pound automatic transmission from my truck without being crushed by it, cleaned all the parts, and took them all into my bedroom. Following this, I built the transmission to heavy duty specifications on a table beside my bed. I also modified the valve bodies to improve the shift firmness and timing. Upon completion, I reinstalled it and added an electronic transmission cooler to keep it cool in the hot Florida weather.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 154,107