The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Roger,
If you were my Pappy you have been 13 when you had my Mom. LOL I'm not that far behind you. I was raised in the South where we learned that a Gentleman calls ALL men Sir and ALL Ladies are Ma'am or Miss. I still hold doors for any body approaching, man or woman.
Tom

Tom,

Well, although I was raised a damn Yankee, I too still hold or open doors for all, man or woman, but I tend to withhold the honorific "Sir" until the gentleman has proven he deserves my respect.. When I was younger, I will admit that age was often the only proof I required.

With that said, I have lived among Southerners enough to appreciate their teaching their children to respect their elders and to honor them with 'Sir' or 'Ma'am'. I was just pulling your chain when I got after you for calling me 'Sir'.. But with that said, I'd just as soon be your friend, . . . . . 'Roger'...

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger B you are at 122 post and counting. You will get that star before long.

Chuck,

Are you trying to say that my 'mouth runneth over' when it comes to posting? . . . . Hmmmmm, . . . I think you're right!

If and when I hit the 250 post level, I may just slow down so I can enjoy those additional Gold Stars for as long as possible! :laughing::laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
CREDIT where CREDIT is DUE!!

Boobala,

I have just been re-reading some of the posts on this thread and I came to the realization that I have not given you the credit that you are due.

First of all I realized that your posts are very humorous and have added a good deal of "readability" and enjoyment to the thread. That is not to take away from anyone else who has posted here, all have their value, but you are one funny dude!

Secondly, you are also an intelligent guy, with a gift for turning a phrase and spinning a tale..

Thirdly (?) - You are also a gifted mechanic and very knowledgeable about tricky little things that often confound those of us who find ourselves struggling to get an engine running - like carburetors...

Fourthly (??) - You are a veritable wealth of information when it comes to finding websites, pdf's, manuals, spec sheets, and damn near anything else related to the repair and restoration of mechanical devices...

I just wanted you to know, you are appreciated!! (Maybe BLAZ-Man will award you with Gold Stars!)

(Now send me the $20 you promised me if I said all this crap and we're even...) :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hey there Ro-Ro
I think I told ya my wife (before we were married ) had this MTD mower...46in. cut , 21 HP Briggs twin eng. with the CVS drive trans in it ......that WAS....... a GREAT machine ............

......00b0b_2P8JFY6IQVI_600x450.jpg .......... LINDA  A.JPG

well....... when we got married & moved , we left that mower at that house for her (living there kids) and later found out that because of a broken belt .... the damn thing wound up leaving the property piece by piece ...
a short time later... they acquired a 38 in cut 13.5 horse Bolens . Yeah.... the same exact thing ....piece by piece
they now have a 20 in. walk behind NOT self-propelled push mower to cut the approx 3 acres of the 5 acre property... Hows that Mc Donalds jingle go ??? OH YEAH ...... I'm Luuuuuuvvvvvvvin it !!!!!!!

If you're gonna be dumb ...ya better be tough !!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: CREDIT where CREDIT is DUE!!

Boobala,

I have just been re-reading some of the posts on this thread and I came to the realization that I have not given you the credit that you are due.

First of all I realized that your posts are very humorous and have added a good deal of "readability" and enjoyment to the thread. That is not to take away from anyone else who has posted here, all have their value, but you are one funny dude!

Secondly, you are also an intelligent guy, with a gift for turning a phrase and spinning a tale..

Thirdly (?) - You are also a gifted mechanic and very knowledgeable about tricky little things that often confound those of us who find ourselves struggling to get an engine running - like carburetors...

Fourthly (??) - You are a veritable wealth of information when it comes to finding websites, pdf's, manuals, spec sheets, and damn near anything else related to the repair and restoration of mechanical devices...

I just wanted you to know, you are appreciated!! (Maybe BLAZ-Man will award you with Gold Stars!)

(Now send me the $20 you promised me if I said all this crap and we're even...) :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Roger

HEY there sewer-pipe rider
I already sent you a CZECH .... if she was'nt to your liking I'm sorry ... best I could do in a pinch !! ( LOL )

P.S. you forgot the part where I part the Fields of Grass a bring forth pastures of golf-course greenery !!
WHAT HAPPENED ??? did ya lose the script ....AGAIN ...?????

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: CREDIT where CREDIT is DUE!!

HEY there sewer-pipe rider
I already sent you a CZECH .... if she was'nt to your liking I'm sorry ... best I could do in a pinch !! ( LOL )

P.S. you forgot the part where I part the Fields of Grass a bring forth pastures of golf-course greenery !!
WHAT HAPPENED ??? did ya lose the script ....AGAIN ...?????

Boo-Boo,

"CZECH" received and accepted! We're square on that account.... keep yer $20....

Unfortunately, I have not been privy to your lawn mowing abilities... I do know you can make 'em work, but I haven't seen you work'em yet...

If there is a script involve here, I think we all lost it long ago... :laughing:

Ro-Ro

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

There ain't no fixin' stupid!!

Ahhh the sayin goes .......... Ignorance , CAN be fixed ! ... Stupid is FOREVER !!!!! ...:laughing::laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

BELIEVE me !!!
THIS is a Genuine MTD Submarine Parade Float , Last Minute Idea the best I could come up with at the very last moment

d4899c248c55cc140ee8ad0ffa20dd3e.jpg

Thought since we're off subject ( as usual ) I'd throw this in to remind you of your obligations ...
No slackin on my watch ...buddy !!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Pumper54

Threads

Tom,

Well, although I was raised a damn Yankee, I too still hold or open doors for all, man or woman, but I tend to withhold the honorific "Sir" until the gentleman has proven he deserves my respect.. When I was younger, I will admit that age was often the only proof I required.

With that said, I have lived among Southerners enough to appreciate their teaching their children to respect their elders and to honor them with 'Sir' or 'Ma'am'. I was just pulling your chain when I got after you for calling me 'Sir'.. But with that said, I'd just as soon be your friend, . . . . . 'Roger'...

LOL Thank you Roger (Sir)
Tom