Sick

grumpygrizzly

Threads
You should avoid alcoholic beverages and definitely don't drink to excess.

I had a doctor give me that exact same advice.. After two weeks, I finally found another doctor..

Fine Irish Whisky cures a lot of things..

grumpygrizzly

Threads
You should avoid alcoholic beverages and definitely don't drink to excess.

I had a doctor give me that exact same advice.. After two weeks, I finally found another doctor..

X-man

Threads

I know someone who drinks beer all the time and she never gets sick. Never.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads

Might be an exception. Beer is mainly sugar. Sugar is no good for the body and when you get sick you have to stay away from it.

Parkmower

Threads
Of course it doesn't help that I insist on carrying on as usual, including having my nightly whisky and cigar which probably doesn't help matters much!

Are you old enough to smoke and drink????
From what I remember your a teenager. But in Europe all gloves are off.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads

There's always an exception....
That's like the uncle that lots of people had, that lived to be 100 and smoked 2 packs a day. I never met a smoker that lived to be very old but I've heard about them. I've met a my share with smoking related illness though. Plenty with lung disease.....

Anyone that drinks beer all the time probably doesn't go far, can't drive, and sits around by themselves all day. If your not exposed to the bacteria and viruses then your not as likely to get infected. She probably has a genetic advantage, a strong immune system, which allows her to drink a lot in the first place. That's why people with young children in school get sick often, the kids are exposed to the germs at school and bring it home to share with family.

There's a reason why alcohol is referred to as an intoxicant.....it's toxic.
Putting an intoxicant in your body when your sick can only boost your immune system if it helps you to sleep. Rest and sleep or the lack of it, is the biggest challenge for your immune system.
A healthy immune system is critical to good health and recuperation.
Take care of this and you won't be sick long.

Bison

Threads
I am seIdom sick or even have the sniffIes.
I think the Iast time i was to sick to work for a coupe days was at Ieast 8 years ago.

Sorry for the typo, i spiIIed a fuII mug of coffee over the Iaptop the other day, no harm done other than 2 dead keys :smile: