Sick

X-man

Threads
Sick with a cold again....

Plugged up nose, coughing, sore throat, just loving it.

Cutting grass when it's cold probably doesn't help either, lol.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Vicks on chest, throat, & under nostrils, chicken noodle soup as hot as you can stand it, plenty of hot tea through out day. Hope you get well soon.

X-man

Threads
Vicks on chest, throat, & under nostrils, chicken noodle soup as hot as you can stand it, plenty of hot tea through out day. Hope you get well soon.

That's what I'm trying to do. Plus Robitussin. I honestly feel like I have Bronchitis again :(

mowerman05

Threads
Just got over it, lasted about 2 weeks with me. Not any fun when you have to go out and mow and bag leaves. Try a shot of whiskey:laughing:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
No thanks, I'll stick to my vodka and grape juice :laughing:
Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

I haven't had a bad cold in a while, I think the last time was in February/March this year and I was bedridden for a couple of days. Of course it doesn't help that I insist on carrying on as usual, including having my nightly whisky and cigar which probably doesn't help matters much!

If I were you I would just relax, in whatever way works best for you. I do believe that the body responds to your mental state so do with that what you wish.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The quickest way to get well is to rest, drink lots of water or juice, and eat as much as you want.
Taking over the counter or prescription medications can relieve symptoms but may prolong the recuperation as the mucous is there for a reason.
You should avoid alcoholic beverages and definitely don't drink to excess.
The symptoms should only last a few days. You should start to see improvement after 4-5 days. If you still have a fever after 2 days, or severe symptoms last more than a week, try to get to a doctor. Although, in most places it takes several weeks to get that done, so you'll probably be dead by the time you're of appointment anyway.
Have you been to Liberia, or Sierra Leone lately?

sjessen

Threads
Seems every fall around late November I get sick. Pretty sure it is an allergy to the molds found in wet leaves, etc. Wore a mask 2 years ago and did not get sick for the first time in 10+ years. Didn't wear the mask last year and got sick again. Don't like the pink filters on the thing but it is the only thing that has worked.