Raptor SD recall

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for your restraint! I got one coming and pray they took care of this issue prior to shipping.:frown:

Don't assume....call your dealer and insist that the recall be addressed before you will take delivery. Historically, Hustler is known for standing behind their products. They need to get a little more pro-active on this issue!!!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just mowed for the first time with mine tonight. Belt popped off, cut part of the plastic guard, and shredded the belt some. I'd recommend not using the mower until the recall is applied. Disappointing that mine shows that the mower was made in April, yet the fix was not applied. Does anyone know how the recall is handled when purchased through a big box store? Assume I can still take it to a Hustler dealer?

You need to go back to where you purchased the machine and probably either be referred to a dealer that they are using or you can take the mower to a dealer yourself with proof of puchase and a warranty registration card so they can provide the work needed under warranty. The problem you may run into is turn around on the mower, because your not one of his clients or customer he will or can set you way back in line before the work gets done.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't assume....call your dealer and insist that the recall be addressed before you will take delivery. Historically, Hustler is known for standing behind their products. They need to get a little more pro-active on this issue!!!

I think that's a BAD IDEA dj. You never go to a dealer and insist on anything unless of course you like to be told to hit the front door.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think that's a BAD IDEA dj. You never go to a dealer and insist on anything unless of course you like to be told to hit the front door.

Sorry...that's just my honest opinion and how I do business. The way I see it, if I were waiting on delivery of a RSD and had read this forum describing all of the belt problems with brand new RSD's the Hustler dealer would either assure me the problem was corrected or he wouldn't have to show me the door...I could find it myself(with my money in my hand:0)

Same thing if I were buying an automobile that had a current recall issued...no one will get my money for a product that has a "known defect/recall". There are too many other "brands" that don't have an active recall.

TennKent

Forum Newbie
Threads
I find some of the feedback here very interesting. Are dealers really that adversarial? I hope that there is just some sensationalism happening here. There are products and services that I will need over the life of my mower/property. I would find it odd for a dealer who is being paid to perform warranty work to have an attitude that I am some sub class citizen. I would think the attitude would be to delight the customer with service and to help build a relationship that the next purchase would be made through the dealership...

In positive news, I've already heard back from Hustler. Great customer service.

Kent

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I find some of the feedback here very interesting. Are dealers really that adversarial? I hope that there is just some sensationalism happening here. There are products and services that I will need over the life of my mower/property. I would find it odd for a dealer who is being paid to perform warranty work to have an attitude that I am some sub class citizen. I would think the attitude would be to delight the customer with service and to help build a relationship that the next purchase would be made through the dealership...

Kent

Yep, I agree that it is better to be "nice about it" and hope that the dealer is the kind that will "insist" that his new customers don't take delivery of a ZTR with a known problem that hasn't been corrected. I'm not surprised that Hustler has responded to you...they have a history of standing behind their product(which should be reflected by their dealer network).

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Kent

As far as dealers go, generally speaking most prefer to service what they sell and they can be real pr**** about people bring them BBS items. That's not to say some don't have a problem with the stuff. Even if they are willing to service the stuff you'll 9 times out of 10 have a considerable wait time before you get your stuff back because their clients will come first. Most prioritize their work orders, Commercial guys get priority first then residential customers that have purchased equipment from the dealer then the BBS stuff is the last thing they will do. I do know that my dealer requires proof of purchase and a warranty registration card before they do any type of warranty work on any BBS stuff and yes I've seen people go away very unhappy.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
Kent,we are curious just what in the "sam hill" did Hustler tell you about making things right? I guess we all could learn from your experience or did they offer you hush money!:laughing: I guess I'm a BBS guy to the dealer...:anyone:

RaptorSD

Threads
Got our 54 from the dealer, we took the belt and spring in and they replaced it. They're picking up the mower tomorrow to add clutch shim, said they'll try to return it same day. :thumbsup:

MRCo.

Threads

More proactive than issuing a stop sale notice and a fix and having dealers contact customers to organise repairs ASAP while recommending not using the mower? Pray tell how.