Raptor SD recall

Austin8181

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a Raptor SD yesterday and was called today about a recall on the clutch hub. Anyone else seen this?

MRCo.

Threads
We got the dealer notifications last night. It's a quick job, just adds a washer and bushing. No big deal.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought a Raptor SD yesterday and was called today about a recall on the clutch hub. Anyone else seen this?

I wouldn't hesitate to get it to your dealer for correcting this. Another thread is reporting several belt & deck problems on new RSD's that may be related to this.

TennKent

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wouldn't hesitate to get it to your dealer for correcting this. Another thread is reporting several belt & deck problems on new RSD's that may be related to this.

Just mowed for the first time with mine tonight. Belt popped off, cut part of the plastic guard, and shredded the belt some. I'd recommend not using the mower until the recall is applied. Disappointing that mine shows that the mower was made in April, yet the fix was not applied. Does anyone know how the recall is handled when purchased through a big box store? Assume I can still take it to a Hustler dealer?

MRCo.

Threads
Just mowed for the first time with mine tonight. Belt popped off, cut part of the plastic guard, and shredded the belt some. I'd recommend not using the mower until the recall is applied. Disappointing that mine shows that the mower was made in April, yet the fix was not applied. Does anyone know how the recall is handled when purchased through a big box store? Assume I can still take it to a Hustler dealer?

Trying hard not to write snotty reply here.

stumper

Forum Newbie
Threads
I haven't received anything from Hustler yet. Is this all Raptor SD's or specific sizes? Mines a 60".

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
Thanks for your restraint! I got one coming and pray they took care of this issue prior to shipping.:frown:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

That's one of the reasons that most of us on the forums recommend buying from a dealer. Most likely, your local Hustler dealer would have price matched(if not beat the big box price) and as you now realize that's where you will end up anyway. Don't expect the local Hustler dealer to rush you in front of "his customers" to fix your problem, but yes you will need to contact Hustler and have them tell you the nearest dealer to take the RSD to for repairs.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Trying hard not to write snotty reply here.

I've said it before...Hustler is of to a rocky start with this new lineup. Problem, as I see it, is that the Raptor was available last season and Hustler should have already addressed this in QC:0(

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I haven't received anything from Hustler yet. Is this all Raptor SD's or specific sizes? Mines a 60".
Call your dealer. Ask if the problem was corrected before you took delivery(tactfully....ask for proof).