Mower deck Pop and then reduced speed/efficiency

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bet the cable broke grab a end and pull it see if it comes out.

Belts do not stretch they wear out and sit deeper in the pulleys that makes them loose giving the allusion that they stretch.

I agree with you 100% on this. I know this has come up before on this forum. I have never seen a belt stretch. I just don't argue this point anymore when I see it and let whoever think what they want.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hopefully you will take on the "Space Shuttle" forums soon........

No I like it here with people that need model number so they can follow the steps of how to put air in a tire

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree with you 100% on this. I know this has come up before on this forum. I have never seen a belt stretch. I just don't argue this point anymore when I see it and let whoever think what they want.

Thank you kind sir

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry I just assume every one knows how mowers are set up.

I have worked on so many mowers I know what they are without looking them up.

Reynoldson. Is this the kind of arrogance you just described???? EH??????????????

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why argue with them because I have nothing to prove because they know a lot more then me. Just ask them and they will tell you.

Yeah, I just asked him eh??? I have nothing to prove too!!!!!!! But if I give advice, I like to be correct, which is why I request the model number!!!!!!!!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I get why ask for the model number for some things. But it's just not needed for everything.

Something's you just know from experience and not from some trouble shooting guide in a book.

In this case what could you have told him that anyone else did not tell him if you had the model numbers ?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Fish just drop it. I just like to get you going.
I do understand why you ask for the model number.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Comes from a couple of decades of working at an OPE shop. The folks coming to the counter think that they know everything, will want to order parts to fix their mower,
because they are all the same thing, and they don't bring a model number, will bug the parts guy for an hour until he guesses a model number, looks up the blowup, the
customer points to it on the screen "That's IT!!!!" Orders the part, guy come to pick it up, "THAT AIN"T IT!!!!!" Blames the parts guy for ordering the wrong part, etc,
etc., and so on.....

Same with helping the folks here on the web, If they cannot trouble themselves to find and put up the model number, which they will need to fix their mower, then I
will let other guys here tell them that they need a new keyswitch, clutch, carb, coils, etc....

But I for one feel a tad guilty if I tell someone to buy a $50 or so part, and that doesn't cure the problem. Which is why I suggest a lot of "free" tests, like to see the blowup of the mower for better intel......ETC....

I have the same problem in my business life, which probably is why I am poor. If a young sport comes in on a Sat in April, wanting a keyswitch, solenoid, etc.

i'll ask him why......... Then I'll test the keyswitch and solenoid for free, then if they are fine, I'll ask him the model numbers, as none of the mowers are wired the same....