New Husky M-ZT 52, fuel additives

oleblu72

Threads
I've never heard of either of those gas additives, maybe someone else can provide you some feedback on them. The link seems to work fine for me but you can just put Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada into your browser to get there.

OK....I didn't realize the forum software would turn that into another link so try www . pure-gas . org(all run together:0)

Thanks Dj I found a station that handles the gas about 40 miles from the house, I think I'll just run the additive.

Looks like I did a double post don't know how that happened I don't recall hitting the submit button twice. Mods if you would be so kind you can delete the extra post sorry.

Mark

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Dj I found a station that handles the gas about 40 miles from the house, I think I'll just run the additive.

Looks like I did a double post don't know how that happened I don't recall hitting the submit button twice. Mods if you would be so kind you can delete the extra post sorry.

Mark
Yeah, I would re-think using the non-ethanol if I had to drive 40 miles to get it(my station is about 4 miles from my house:0)

clay45

Threads
I use 91 octane no ethanol. I use 2.5 gal a weekend. When I ran 89 octane I ran 3.25 gal a weekend.

I use non-ethanol whenever I can in my truck & my equipment. Small engines with Walbro style carbs have been expecially sensitive to ethanol in gasoline even though new manufacture has supposedly caught up with new diaphram and gasket materiels to address it. I just know I haven't had the problems with my stuff that some of my friends have.

Yeah, I know the ethanol produces more power because it allows more oxygen to burn in the mix than gas does but it comes at a cost in fuel economy and in the US, higher taxes and cost shifting for corn producers. It also attracts moisture. I just avoid it when I can and use it when I have to. No additives to my gas. If I'm not going to be using it I run it dry at the end of the season.