New Husky M-ZT 52, fuel additives

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I knew I should have stayed out of this whole thing.

I think it's all hype.

I still do not buy into it that ethanol does any harm at all. I blame it on parts made cheap to save a penny.

That's OK....I told the OP it was "controversial"....kinda like the "oil debate". Your opinion is just as valid as mine:0)

oleblu72

Threads
Check out the link below...it doesn't show any stations in Fowler, OH but I don't know which towns it lists that you are close to:

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Thanks for the link Dj but I can't make it work. I called my dealer and he sells Ethanol Shield
and Startron so I think I'll just make a trip in there and buy one of those products, thanks again.

Mark

oleblu72

Threads
Check out the link below...it doesn't show any stations in Fowler, OH but I don't know which towns it lists that you are close to:

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Thanks for the link Dj but I can't make it work. I called my dealer and he sells Ethanol Shield
and Startron fuel treatment so I think I'll just make a trip in there and buy one of those products, thanks again.

Mark

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's OK....I told the OP it was "controversial"....kinda like the "oil debate". Your opinion is just as valid as mine:0)

Not to change the subject but I have always used 30 weight oil. The other day I did my weekly oil change on my toro. Put in 5-30 full synthetic. On the second day my wife asked why I was getting the yards done faster. Told her the engine is just not bogging down in the thick grass. Has to be the oil.

A engine builder did a test a few years ago
Put a engine in the dyno. Only thing he changed was the oil. Each oil gave different hp and torque. So not all oil is the same. I think he did 6 different brands.

oleblu72

Threads
Not to change the subject but I have always used 30 weight oil. The other day I did my weekly oil change on my toro. Put in 5-30 full synthetic. On the second day my wife asked why I was getting the yards done faster. Told her the engine is just not bogging down in the thick grass. Has to be the oil.

Put a engine in the dyno. Only thing he changed was the oil. Each oil gave different hp and torque. So not all oil is the same. I think he did 6 different brands.

This sounds interesting.

Mark

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
and Startron so I think I'll just make a trip in there and buy one of those products, thanks again.

Mark

I've never heard of either of those gas additives, maybe someone else can provide you some feedback on them. The link seems to work fine for me but you can just put Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada into your browser to get there.

OK....I didn't realize the forum software would turn that into another link so try www . pure-gas . org(all run together:0)

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

I would be very interested in reading the engine builders results. Can you either provide the link, or give us the title so we can google it? Do you remember which brands were tested?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would be very interested in reading the engine builders results. Can you either provide the link, or give us the title so we can google it? Do you remember which brands were tested?

I watched it in hot rod tv.

I do not know of anyone trying this on a small engine. I do know of a dirt track engine builder that did a few test.
I do not use the same oil in my mowers as I do my dirt car as it runs $13 a quart

Oil against Oil..Side by side Oil Comparison

Horsepower from Lubricants - Regular oil Vs Racing Synthetic

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did my weekly oil change and put in 5-30 synthetic. ( I use 30 ) for the first time and noticed the engine ran stronger. Did not bog down as much in thick grass.

The difference was so much that my wife even noticed it. I cut the yards faster.

I will try this oil in a few of my mowers to see if they all run stronger.

I will still run the napa gold oil filters as they are the best filter made.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I did my weekly oil change and put in 5-30 synthetic. ( I use 30 ) for the first time and noticed the engine ran stronger. Did not bog down as much in thick grass.

The difference was so much that my wife even noticed it. I cut the yards faster.

I will try this oil in a few of my mowers to see if they all run stronger.

I will still run the napa gold oil filters as they are the best filter made.

Keep us posted on that. Very interesting, I would like to see someone do a scientific study with a Dino. It makes some sense that different viscosity oil may change the power a little.