Need help fixing up RP21600 Big Six Ninja

shacky

Threads
I agree completely. My Brother-in-Law had the old white engine Snapper with horizontal pull back in '70's. That was class! And I just love the drive mechanism. Piece of art!

shacky

Threads
And who can forget Kelsey Grammer commercials - "Two blades for the way up! And two blades for the way down!"

Snapper w/ Kelsey Grammer - YouTube

Anything else just won't cut it

shacky

Threads
Looks like Commercial Series are still high quality!

Snapperfreak

Threads
Yep, back when snapper meant something. I thought those old vertical-pull ones were so cool when I was a kid. And you nailed it, I've always seen snappers as a form of art. Sounds kinda silly I guess but they were built with style. The curves of the deck that continued to the chute, the tapering lines of the handles, the bright red and white. I've just always loved them. Your mower is very similar to my '98, only mine had a more basic briggs engine. Should have kept it but oh well.

I don't remember seeing those commercials on tv back then but I've seen them on YouTube. Ya...wow!

shacky

Threads
Here in New York those commercials were on a lot!

shacky

Threads
So looks like those axle bushings are for the plastic wheels only. When I install the steel wheels do I grease the axles?

Snapperfreak

Threads
As far as I know u don't have to. I never have.

shacky

Threads
Got all tires on except left rear. Letting it soak with penetrating oil. I'm putting a little grease on axles to help prevent rust.

shacky

Threads
I agree completely. My Brother-in-Law had the old white engine Snapper with horizontal pull back in '70's. That was class! And I just love the drive mechanism. Piece of art!

I meant vertical pull - oops

Snapperfreak

Threads
Ya I like those old basic 3.5 vertical pull briggs. My 1982 21350PS has one, not original though. Original was key-start only, no recoil but it died soon after original owner (from whom I bought it last year) bought it. It was replaced with a non-key-start recoil only engine so I removed allnof the electric start stuff.

image-3457006767.jpg