Need help fixing up RP21600 Big Six Ninja

Snapperfreak

Threads
Oops, typos. Engines aren't my strong point and eBay is good. Haha.

shacky

Threads
I wish someone made an 11" drive wheel for Snapper. Even though you taught me there's a higher cut height setting I always thought bigger wheels would be appropriate. Stock are 8" front and 10" rear. I see there are 9" but no 11" drive wheels.

I saw someone recommend TSC but I think the Snapper wheels are unique?

shacky

Threads
I just remembered my local Snapper dealer (no longer) gave me a set of bushing to try on my wheels to see if it would tighten them up. This was over 10 years ago and I never got to figure out how to install. I was afraid I may need some kind of puller and press to get old off and new on.

Have you change your wheel bushings?

Snapperfreak

Threads
I have never tried that, I think if damage stuff if I did. I've just changed the whole wheel out. Yes the snapper wheels are unique, especially the rears on the self-propelled. I think the larger 8/10 size wheels began in the early 2000s, I think. All mine are the 7/9s, but if u find a bigger wheel set up maybe switching the bushings would work.

shacky

Threads
My mower is from ~ '96. I thought they were 8/10. Will double check.

shacky

Threads
I was wrong. Rear is 9. Fronts appear to measure 7.5?

shacky

Threads
Well I'd call it 9" rear and 8" front. Damn I was hoping originals were 7/9 so I could go to 8/10.

shacky

Threads
I just remembered my local Snapper dealer (no longer) gave me a set of bushing to try on my wheels to see if it would tighten them up. This was over 10 years ago and I never got to figure out how to install. I was afraid I may need some kind of puller and press to get old off and new on.

Have you change your wheel bushings?

Actually they are not wheel bushings but axle bushings.

RochsDog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I never knew you could go past last notch in wheel height guide! Thanks Snapperfreak!!!!

I have the exact same mower and issue with height adjustment. I am scalping my lawn on the highest deck slot. I tried putting the lever below the last notch but the wheels will float doing this.(nothing to stop the wheel from going down) Then the mower doesn't cut the same height when you corner, hit high spots, sidewalks, tree roots, etc.. I wish I could find taller wheels. I guess if you tie-wrap to the last slot to keep the wheel from drifting... but that is kinda redneck!

Snapperfreak

Threads
Maybe there's a way to secure a small bracket with a nut and bolt to keep the adjuster in place. Going past the highest notch was just an idea, I personally haven't tried it but it seemed like it would work. The highest level is still scalping your lawn???