More HTC Lawn Boy Pics

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did LB make many four strokes? Like from the aluminum-deck days? Got a deck for mine - but it's steel (and used). I really like the LB design, but I am not a fan of two-strokes (sorry). I've had a lot of experience with them. Two strokes that is, not LB.

We had several at the cemetary where I worked, and didn't have much luck with them (even LB commercials)- except the aluminum-decked JD we had. Self-propelled, bagger, and it ran great. We even had some orange German thing, with a plastic deck. We needed a two-stroke, because the banks going to the road were so steep, it fried every 4 stroke in no time.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey, I'm happy to kill a thread anywhere on the site........:frown:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did LB make many four strokes? Like from the aluminum-deck days? ...

I think the answer is no, as far as I know, the aluminum-deck Lawn Boy mowers were two-strokes. I've seen a lot of them (own one, always looking for more :biggrin:) and I can't remember any four-strokes.

Maybe Hankthecrank could give you a definitive answer -- he would know if anybody would.

If you want a four-stroke mower with an alloy deck that will last forever, plenty of other brands are out there. My Jacobsen is Briggs-powered -- excellent deck and wheels, so-so engine. It doesn't do nearly as well as the Lawn Boy (which is also lighter) in thick grass.

Jake-2.jpg

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think the answer is no, as far as I know, the aluminum-deck Lawn Boy mowers were two-strokes. I've seen a lot of them (own one, always looking for more :biggrin:) and I can't remember any four-strokes.

Maybe Hankthecrank could give you a definitive answer -- he would know if anybody would.

If you want a four-stroke mower with an alloy deck that will last forever, plenty of other brands are out there. My Jacobsen is Briggs-powered -- excellent deck and wheels, so-so engine. It doesn't do nearly as well as the Lawn Boy (which is also lighter) in thick grass.

Thanks, Two-Stroke. My John Deere 14sb is a cast deck machine. Very nice. 5 speed walk behind. Kaw powered. Doesn't mow the greatest, though. I am using the bagger (only attachment I have.) Got a line on a NOS JD rear-to-side discharge attachment for that mower, and it might make it cut a tad better. My Snapper is the best cutting machine I own, but it's tired.....I'll put a new engine on her someday. (the diff leaks like crazy, too)

Second (in cut quality) is that rusted-out, abused, tore up, beat down, smokey Lawn boy. It almost outcuts the Snapper!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, Two-Stroke. My John Deere 14sb is a cast deck machine. Very nice. 5 speed walk behind. Kaw powered. Doesn't mow the greatest, though. I am using the bagger (only attachment I have.) Got a line on a NOS JD rear-to-side discharge attachment for that mower, and it might make it cut a tad better. My Snapper is the best cutting machine I own, but it's tired.....I'll put a new engine on her someday. (the diff leaks like crazy, too)

Second (in cut quality) is that rusted-out, abused, tore up, beat down, smokey Lawn boy. It almost outcuts the Snapper!

About the John Deere 14sb - is the problem clogging? Just wondering -- I never use a bagger.

I've got an old Snapper push mower that I got for free and I forget what the problem is with it. I know that the handle is a little bent but there's something else -- :confused3:.

Both of my working mowers cut very well. It's just that the Jacobsen is a little slow going through thick grass and I have to be careful not to use it on a slope for too long. The Lawn Boy's only problem is that the wheels are almost worn out -- they may get replaced at some point.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Two-Stroke,

14SB - naw, it just doesn't have any 'lift'. It mows the grass too flat...I like a lawn that's been lifted a bit before it's cut...the vac effect. I put a brand new JD blade on it, too. Runs pretty OK......but the carb is messed up. It'll stall here and there. It's gotta be a float issue, but the stupid Kawasaki carbs are terrible to rebuild!

I got my deck (and I have my eyes on a NOS set of Silver Series front wheels...) from Ebay...they have a lot of NOS LB wheels, for every vintage........

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
... from Ebay...they have a lot of NOS LB wheels, for every vintage........

That's good to know. I've gotten lots of parts for old Stihl chainsaws on eBay.

nic123098

Forum Newbie
Threads
culd u post more pics of the brenner??:licking:

hankthecrank

Threads
Sorry to have been gone for so long but thats the story, as far as the Brenner I will try to get some more pics of it when time permits.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry to have been gone for so long but thats the story, as far as the Brenner I will try to get some more pics of it when time permits.

Great to see you back, HTC. Questions often come up that I think you could answer best. :thumbsup: