More HTC Lawn Boy Pics

CajunCub

Threads
You need to be on "Hoarders"....Burried alive by LAWN EQUIPMENT:laughing:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's what I'm curious about: how do you (HTC) find all these great machines?

CajunCub

Threads
Man, I worked on ah many ah Lawn Boy & Jacobsen 2-stroke mower! I worked many years for a dealer & I know those things:confused2: like the back of my hand. IF I could have had a penny for every lower crankshaft seal I installed.....I could have paid for my new CC in pennies!:laughing:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Man, I worked on ah many ah Lawn Boy & Jacobsen 2-stroke mower! I worked many years for a dealer & I know those things:confused2: like the back of my hand. IF I could have had a penny for every lower crankshaft seal I installed.....I could have paid for my new CC in pennies!:laughing:

Is a special tool required to install a lower crankshaft seal? I don't have one that needs changing right now but that bit of info will probably be useful sometime in the future.

CajunCub

Threads
No special tool, I always just used a basic blunt punch. Just went very slowly round and round. The challange was to slightly clean the crankshaft with a light emorie paper before installing, and of course gease the seal first.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
No special tool, I always just used a basic blunt punch. Just went very slowly round and round. The challange was to slightly clean the crankshaft with a light emorie paper before installing, and of course gease the seal first.

Thanks. I've replaced other seals using roughly that method and it worked OK. I was a little surprised that you said that a lot of Lawn Boy mowers needed it.

CajunCub

Threads
The Jacobsen were the worst....but here in Louisiana, LB crankshaft seals tend to overheat because of our thick grasses we have. ie.-they loose the seal and begin to leak.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Jacobsen were the worst....but here in Louisiana, LB crankshaft seals tend to overheat because of our thick grasses we have. ie.-they loose the seal and begin to leak.

I imagine that you also put more hours on a mower. I just started mowing again a couple of weeks ago and it's just starting to get thicker.

As far as overheating goes -- as you probably know, it's important to clean the cooling fins periodically.