Million Dollar Question????

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Let me add some to this. I have been mowing commercially for many years and I have some basic policys that I have developed. My own lawn about 1 1/2 acres is the easiest lawn that I mow. I leave the clippings on the lawn and I mow sometimes three times a week, but this doesn't work with customers lawns. All of my machines have collection systems and I use them about 90% of the time. I raised my hourly rate to cover the added costs of the collection systems. I will only mow customers lawns that I can dispose of the clippings on their property or nearby with prior arrangements/agreements. At 67 and still doing this with most of my competition being half my age or younger I have come to the point of taking better care of myself. I will terminate with a customer that has a septic problem. I use the best hearing protection that I can find, goggles and a two strap dust mask with the exhalation valve on the front so my glasses/goggles don't fog up. Dust, dirt, mold, pollen, furtilizer, and other crap blow all around you while mowing particularly with collection systems. More frequent oil changes and air filter changes come along with the use of collection systems. This all adds to ones operational expenses. I tow a cargo trailer with lots of equipment in it and I am prepared to do more than most at a job. The basics that I do are mow with collection, trim, and blow sidewalks and driveway clean. I expect to get paid in a timely manner.
We all have got into chartity jobs some where along the trail, but my mower dealer, nor the local gas station accept nothing but US Dollars in payment for their products and services.
Bob Mac in CT:biggrin:

Pete.S

Threads
Has this person referred new clients? Is she truly in a position where during the wet season she can't afford weekly service? Sometimes, we develope an affinity for a customer even though they are not profitable and we keep servicing them. Our Higher Power will watch over us and keep us from failing for our generosity. For myself, I maintain the grounds of our local animal shelter pro bono just because it helps with providing for the animals and makes me feel better about myself. Sometimes, we gotta do something for someone to remind ourselves that we are human, also.