M-ZT 52 Review

MrMatt68

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to purchase M-ZT 52

Thank you for the review. After alot of research and talking with various dealers both locally and in other states i have decided to purchase the M-ZT 52 and hope that it'll last a lifetime on a little more than 2 acres if maintained every season. The husqvarna brand seemed to be a very good deal compared to the Scag freedom Z 48" which is in the 5500 dollars range plus tax and finance charges. The M-ZT has the rz3400 transmission vs. the rv3100 on the scag freedom z. The weights seemed comparable between the 2 and the mzt is a bigger machine than the freedom. The Freedom Z may be a better deal in the long run but since this is my first zero turn i decided on the cheaper MZT. You guys that have had your machines for a while now; are you still happy with them and would you still purchase them again? Moto110 have you had any issues with the motor?

Thanks for any input or advice you guys have,

Matt

RatRacer

Threads
Re: Looking to purchase M-ZT 52

Thank you for the review. After alot of research and talking with various dealers both locally and in other states i have decided to purchase the M-ZT 52 and hope that it'll last a lifetime on a little more than 2 acres if maintained every season. The husqvarna brand seemed to be a very good deal compared to the Scag freedom Z 48" which is in the 5500 dollars range plus tax and finance charges. The M-ZT has the rz3400 transmission vs. the rv3100 on the scag freedom z. The weights seemed comparable between the 2 and the mzt is a bigger machine than the freedom. The Freedom Z may be a better deal in the long run but since this is my first zero turn i decided on the cheaper MZT. You guys that have had your machines for a while now; are you still happy with them and would you still purchase them again? Moto110 have you had any issues with the motor?

Matt

You're welcome, and welcome Matt.
Yes, I would purchase again. Driving this machine is fun, and I actually look forward to using it, as opposed to "doing a dreaded chore" when using my JD tractor.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Matt

I don't think you'll regret for a minute investing in the "less expensive" M-ZT52(I prefer that term to "cheaper":0)
In fact, if they had carried the M-ZT52 model in 2012 I would have been very tempted to buy it rather than the more expensive Commercial ZTR that I bought. I don't have any "regrets" in buying the Gravely, but the 2012 Husqvarna ZTR's that I had considered simply didn't have the bang-for-your-buck that the M-ZT52 has.

MrMatt68

Forum Newbie
Threads

I ordered the m-zt 52 today and should take delivery
Early next week. Can someone explain high lift blades and
What they are for? I have also heard reference to another
Type of blade but I do not remember what they were called.
Would this lawnmower have any trouble pulling a 5 x 10 trailer
With maybe 200 lbs on it? Would you do it if so?

Thank again,

Matt

Jehelam

Threads
High lift blades create more airflow, making the grass stand up better and discharging clippings further. Down side is wet grass may cake under the deck more. So with mulching or bagger with blower, this may not be the best choice.

You should have no trouble with that trailer. I frequently pull a dump cart and aerator weighing about that much with a much lesser machine.

MrMatt68

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has Anyone added lights to their rig? I see that they have a light kit and a ROPS light kit but they are both extremely expensive for what they are. Any Ideas?
How about a DIY Canopy? Can a Generator be added to this thing?

Matt

RatRacer

Threads
How well does the M-ZT 52 handle slopes?

Its stance does pretty good on slopes. I cut my neighbors slope that he won't venture with his tractor. They built his house so close to the property line, that they mounded the pad past the property line, which is halfway up the slope on the left where the green stops. This is about 18 degrees. My side, majority of the pic, is about 13.

Pic is from the Big Dog cutting demo.
P4270007-19.jpg

Has Anyone added lights to their rig? I see that they have a light kit and a ROPS light kit but they are both extremely expensive for what they are. Any Ideas?
How about a DIY Canopy? Can a Generator be added to this thing?

Matt

Not yet, but I am going to. I'll probably use some Cree LED bulb-ed, surface mounted driving lights off Ebay. I'll tap them into the existing system, since they're a low amp draw. I'm undecided about leaving the ROPS mounted at this point, because of the options to mount lights and a canopy to it is too handy, but considering for weight savings. I only use the seat belt when I'm running at full 10 mph forward, to keep my butt planted in the seat when hitting mole tunnels.

Where did you order the 52 from?

MrMatt68

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where did you order the 52 from?

I ordered from mowers for less in NC as they had the best price and they are going to drive it to my house and show me how to operate for less than the place in tenn. that didn't seem to honest. (Although they were still less than local). None of the local dealers wanted to come off MSRP price any and I couldn't afford 6000.00 total but was willing to pay them than 5400 to buy locally but that wasn't enough for them so I went with the guys in NC.

Waiting on bank to deposit money in their account and hope to take delivery Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Matt

RatRacer

Threads
I ordered from mowers for less in NC as they had the best price and they are going to drive it to my house and show me how to operate for less than the place in tenn. that didn't seem to honest. (Although they were still less than local). None of the local dealers wanted to come off MSRP price any and I couldn't afford 6000.00 total but was willing to pay them than 5400 to buy locally but that wasn't enough for them so I went with the guys in NC.

Waiting on bank to deposit money in their account and hope to take delivery Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Matt

That's who I got mine from too. For some reason, it took them 2 weeks to ship after they rec'd payment, by a really slow carrier that could barely fit it in their truck. I didn't complain too much since it was free. I had the same issue with my local dealers not coming off msrp, only cutting deals on delivery and prep charges. But it arrived unscathed, and I saved $800. And it totally rocks! Glad I risked it.