Attachments LIGHT KIT FOR 21 IN. MOWER?

slammed

Threads
Not bad but not to good either.

Threads
Well I took a few but I don't know, I don't think my camera or me are real great at taking night shots. The first shot is from the front from about 30 feet out, the second from behind. The last is the drive,each section is about a 10 foot section so it lights up the drive pretty well. I can tell you after having the taken the pictures that I would have NO problem mowing the yard with those lights and doing a good job of it. The one thing I realized is that the lights could be mounted in the wrong place to get the maximum light to the ground, I thought that maybe if they were mounted lower, say on the inside top of the caster wheels it may work better. I guess if it was something I was going to do all the time I'd have to play with light location.

View attachment 9661View attachment 9662View attachment 9663

That looks good....I will have no problem seeing, since I won't need to see 30 feet in front.

Threads

slammed

Threads
Threads
And congrats on becoming a GOLD MEMBER, slammed!! You are a big help on this forum! :thumbsup:

Threads
The reason I need the Craftsman snowblower/mower light (Snow Thrower Light : Buy this highly innovative light from Sears) and can't use a regular bike light like the one I have is because of the angle. The bike light is meant to mount to a horizontal bar, so it can point ahead. But my mower bar is facing sideways AND at an angle, so the light faces up at a 45 degree angle (see picture). That is why the Craftsman light is good, it can pivot out and face foreward (see the picture in the above link of the light on the mower).
DSCN2236.jpg

Threads
Light for Snowblower!

I rigged this light up to my SNOWBLOWER today. I found it in a drawer. It is a light where you put it on the spokes of your bike and when the tires spin the lights spell words or something like that--I have had it for a long time! Anyway, it has cool designs and is SUPER BRIGHT, so I put it on my snowblower. I put two reflectors on the horizontal bar so that when I taped the light around the bar, the sticky tape would stick to the mounts on the reflectors and not stick to the blower itself, thus ruining the paint on the blower. It is really good for cars to see me, but I will still get that mower/blower light so I can maybe see the ground/snow a little better. You can never have too many lights! :wink:
DSCN3461.jpg Light.png

metz12

Threads
I have an energizer headlamp thing that i strap around my head and I can probably see about 7-10 feet in front of me. Its l.e.d by the way. It works great for mowing in the dusk/nighttime.