Attachments LIGHT KIT FOR 21 IN. MOWER?

slammed

Threads
I kinda put lights on my mowers. Well I DID put lights on them, but they are more so I don't get hit by cars when pushing my mower back from a house; not so much to see the lawn when it's dark out. I found some bike lights laying around the garage, and put them on. On my HRX I used an actual bike light that MOUNTS to something. The light has 3 modes: solid, flashing, and random (where it kind of jumps around). I like that light! On my HRR I just used a clip-on light where I just clip it to the blade-engagement lever. Here are some pics:
View attachment 9591

View attachment 9592

View attachment 9593

View attachment 9594

Neat good idea.

Threads
Neat good idea.

Thanks...in the future I hope to put some brighter ones on (closer to the ground) so I can mow when it is a little dark, but I wanted to do the quick way first so I have some now that it is darker earlier.

earthworm

Threads
Lights for a push mower is a great ideal. I would buy a kit. Only found what midnite rider already posted. Odd, that there is not a kit out there. Sounds like a good, low cost business project to me. Maybe take a survey on this forum and see if there is enough interest to develop a kit and launch it on this site? Just a thought.:cool:

You can bet your booties that Harbor Freight will have a kit...soon, I hope....its a good idea....
In the 00s, motor vehicles (cars) had zero lites.
In the 30s, only one tail-lite, no directionals
In the 60s, finally - back up lites
In the 90s, fog lites
Conservatism is a sickness.
The top of the line Toro 30" at $1100 should have head lites and a side lite....Is this too difficult ?

Threads
You can bet your booties that Harbor Freight will have a kit...soon, I hope....its a good idea....
In the 00s, motor vehicles (cars) had zero lites.
In the 30s, only one tail-lite, no directionals
In the 60s, finally - back up lites
In the 90s, fog lites
Conservatism is a sickness.
The top of the line Toro 30" at $1100 should have head lites and a side lite....Is this too difficult ?

I agree....for how far we have gotten and the price of some mowers, they should at least have a light!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I kinda put lights on my mowers. Well I DID put lights on them, but they are more so I don't get hit by cars when pushing my mower back from a house; not so much to see the lawn when it's dark out. I found some bike lights laying around the garage, and put them on. On my HRX I used an actual bike light that MOUNTS to something. The light has 3 modes: solid, flashing, and random (where it kind of jumps around). I like that light! On my HRR I just used a clip-on light where I just clip it to the blade-engagement lever. Here are some pics:

I've been a cycling enthusiast for years and what you're looking for in lights would be something like this. The Cateye HL-EL530 bicycle headlight with Opti-Cube technology provides a massive 2200 candlepower output from a single LED. This light features a 90-hour run-time and Requires 4AA batteries. I use these on my Recumbent Trikes and they look like a set of car headlights coming down the road, they will give you all the light you need for mowing a lawn at night. Check the site below for lights and accessories.

Cateye HL-EL530 Headlight - Bike Headlights

slammed

Threads
I've been a cycling enthusiast for years and what you're looking for in lights would be something like this. The Cateye HL-EL530 bicycle headlight with Opti-Cube technology provides a massive 2200 candlepower output from a single LED. This light features a 90-hour run-time and Requires 4AA batteries. I use these on my Recumbent Trikes and they look like a set of car headlights coming down the road, they will give you all the light you need for mowing a lawn at night. Check the site below for lights and accessories.

That would work.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ric,
Not only would that work for lmf's push mowers, i don't see any reason why those couldn't be mounted on the front wheel frames on my ZTR(they would be a LOT cheaper than a Gravely light kit for my mower:0)
Do you see any reason why you wouldn't recommend them to be used on a ZTR?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric,
Not only would that work for lmf's push mowers, i don't see any reason why those couldn't be mounted on the front wheel frames on my ZTR(they would be a LOT cheaper than a Gravely light kit for my mower:0)
Do you see any reason why you wouldn't recommend them to be used on a ZTR?

No reason why it wouldn't work on anything that you needed light for, I use mine for flashlights around the house. For $30 you can't go wrong. I know they will take a jolt because I've taken some of those on my trikes. If you wanted something stronger and believe it or not I know a couple of guys that trail ride and they run these NiteRider Pro 3600 LED Headlight - Bike Headlights just make sure your setting down when you bring up the site.

Threads

That is nice! Do you know if you can angle it because since it would be on the handle bar that is at like a 45 degree angle, the light needs to be angled so it looks ahead...not up.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is nice! Do you know if you can angle it because since it would be on the handle bar that is at like a 45 degree angle, the light needs to be angled so it looks ahead...not up.

Yes you can angle it anyway you like. Mounting on your mower bar would be no different than mounting it on a bicycle handle bar. Just adjust the mounting bracket. During the day you can just slide it off the mounting bracket and leave the light at home. It can be mounted over the bar or under or on the side of the bar. Keep in mind if you buy the EL530 your mounting bracket will be a little different but they both will do the same thing and it will come with rubber inserts for bar sizing to make it non-slip.

031.jpg033.jpg