Lawn Boy Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

beg

Threads
a few of my projects that I got running now will have better pics soon never mind the one to the right thats not a Lawn Boy its a torolawnboys.jpg

SarahLaskowski

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI, we just bought 2 Lawn Boys at a flea market Saturday!! We live on several ridges & hoping having the mix gas will help us not burn up the engines when cutting the grass!!

Our problem!! no owners manuals or even directions from the dude who sold it to us!!!

How much 2 cycle to how much gas??

We got a Model 10525, self propelled & its a Duraforce Engine 6.5 - we think the guy might of mentioned 4 oz to a gallon or was it 3.2 to a gallon???

We also got a Model S21ZPM, its has a 4 hp Commercial Engine - now on the side of it, it looks like it says 8 oz to a gallon, that seems like way too much.

Can you put to much in it? or to little?? We really want these mowers to last more than 1 season!! so tired of buying new (new to us, that is) mowers!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! the grass is growing high here & we've got a couple acres to cut!! thanks so much!! Sarah

unclelee

Threads
32 to 1 is the correct gas to oil mixture.
Some oils are premeasured to just mix the contents with a gallon of fuel....others have a chart on the container to give correct mixing instructions

andy135

Threads
HI, we just bought 2 Lawn Boys at a flea market Saturday!! We live on several ridges & hoping having the mix gas will help us not burn up the engines when cutting the grass!!

Our problem!! no owners manuals or even directions from the dude who sold it to us!!!

How much 2 cycle to how much gas??

We got a Model 10525, self propelled & its a Duraforce Engine 6.5 - we think the guy might of mentioned 4 oz to a gallon or was it 3.2 to a gallon???

We also got a Model S21ZPM, its has a 4 hp Commercial Engine - now on the side of it, it looks like it says 8 oz to a gallon, that seems like way too much.

Can you put to much in it? or to little?? We really want these mowers to last more than 1 season!! so tired of buying new (new to us, that is) mowers!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! the grass is growing high here & we've got a couple acres to cut!! thanks so much!! Sarah

The correct mix ratio of gas/oil is 32:1. One gallon have 128 oz. so you need 4 oz. of 2 cycle oil per gallon . This is good for both engine. Little bit more or less won't cause trouble. Too much smoke indicate too much oil.

lewb

Threads
yes 4 oz per gallon(32 to 1) some will tell you can go 50 to 1 but the design of the internal bearings require more oil, I would use a synthetic 2 stroke oil, should be able to find at Walmart. Synthetic is low ash and should not build up carbon in exhaust that can be an issue with lawn-boys.

lewb

Threads
My stable of Lawn Boys. Just added the 10590 that needed a cdi and unhooking of oil and bag sensor. Bought it for 40 because I wanted to bag. Probably the best cut of any lawn mower I have ever used. Bagging adds another 15 to 30 minutes to the job. I really like the OMC mikuni carb combo, starts on one or two pulls. Much smoother than the dura force. 10547 has the starter removed and has new short block installed 2 years ago. I did drill the idle and main jet one size and its a beast especially feeling the difference when running right after the 10590. Lighter and easier to throw around. I have a challenging lawn in the back yard (35 degree slope). I did not even try to use the 10590 on that part of lawn. If I had to chose one it would be the 10547 because of the type of lawn I have. 10590 will be getting a new set of wheels so that should help as right now there is no traction

Attachments

• Lawnboy 10590 10547-3.jpg
    Lawnboy 10590 10547-3.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 27
  • Lawnboy 10590 10547-1.jpg
    Lawnboy 10590 10547-1.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 24
  • lawnboy 10590 10547-2.jpg
    lawnboy 10590 10547-2.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

jp1961

Threads
Nice Lawn-boys, and an ever nicer lawn!! Living on 4.8 acres my 'lawn' is a collection of grass, clover, dandelions and other various weeds. I have an army of moles, I swear are building an underground condominium,,,LOL!!

I have a 10547 I picked up on Craigslist for 80.00. It's been winterized and covered in plastic in my basement, I'm saving that one.

Jeff

lewb

Threads
Well new house with sprinkler system and sod, kind of hard to screw that up. The 10547 I bought from a dealer that was in a pile of mowers, ran for a week then the connecting rod let go. Paid 25 for the mower then 75 for the short block. I did add the commercial wheels on the rear that have a bearing instead of a bushing and have more traction.