Export thread

Lawn Boy Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

M

Muhammad

GREETINGS to all Lawn Boy mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Lawn Boy owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Lawn Boy mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Lawn Boy stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

C

cjh21342

have a silver series self propelled that started to grind before it quit, if any one has any suggestions,i thank you in advance.

steve0701

steve0701

Hi everyone! My Lawn Boy is a 2-stroke, 3-speed walk behind purchased in 1990. It started today on the first pull after 3 months of storage, but 3rd gear just has been slipping. I will see you elsewhere in the Lawn Boy section when I post my question.

C

cjh21342

my lawnboy is still out of comission due to the transmission

dwblue00

dwblue00

Hello all, I have a 1997 Silver Series 1 speed self propelled Lawn Boy with a 4 stroke Tecumseh engine.

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

dwblue00 said:
Hello all, I have a 1997 Silver Series 1 speed self propelled Lawn Boy with a 4 stroke Tecumseh engine.

Welcome. Glad to have another Lawn Boy owner here!

nothing like the smell of 2-stroke smoke and fresh cut grass roasting on the muffler!

dwblue00

dwblue00

Well now that some of you know I joined this forum, let me tell you about my mower. I bought it for $20 off Craigslist. I was informed that it ran last season and would start this season. I brought the mower home and checked for spark in the darkness....I have spark..which was a good sign. The following day I checked the oil, cleaned out the carb, and float bowl. I refilled her with new 87 octane gas, primed her 5 times and attempted to start. On the 3rd pull she fired up and belched white smoke for a second and she was running!........Not bad 4 $20 bucks!

After that I did a oil change and took the mower blade in for sharpening and a new Champion J19LM sparkplug. I also picked up a used mulching plate and new drive belt. Upon installation of the belt I seen how rusty the deck was....yep a stamped steel deck. I called around and found a shop that would media blast my mower deck for $25 thats does both sides. I stripped the mower down and brought it in. The shop had it done in 30 min. I brought the deck home and treated the pitted areas with a chemical treatment. I washed the deck off, dried it, and hung it in the garage for painting. I coated the whole mower deck with self-etching primer, primer-filler, and primer sealer. After that I started spraying the GRABBER GREEN! I sprayed 2-3/4 cans worth of that and then sprayed 3/4 can of clear. I did this both to the deck and the engine cover. This mower looks almost like new.

This mower runs and looks 2 good to end up in the scrap yard. I'm going to try to post pics here. The only things i'm waiting on is the danger and HOC stickers. Although upon further examination found that the float bowl gasket leaks a little...it looks wet but no wet spots. I may look into a new carb....which by teh way anybody have suggestions to get a new 1? Here are some before and after pics.

Attachments

dwblue00

dwblue00

Oh yeah before I forget i'm also looking for the wheel covers....the caps the cover the wheel bolts. Part #92-1604 I want those for it as well and that will send it over the top for me. By the way at idle this mower purrs!!!!

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

... I may look into a new carb....which by teh way anybody have suggestions to get a new 1? Here are some before and after pics.

Here are a couple of websites that sell Lawn-Boy parts:

PartsTree

Parts and Service

Great job on the cleaning and paint.

dwblue00

dwblue00

Here are a couple of websites that sell Lawn-Boy parts:

PartsTree

Parts and Service

Great job on the cleaning and paint.

Thanks two-stroke! I have found that the previous owner of the mower damaged the govenor spring. The engine roars at full throttle, Hopefully thats normal on this 4 stroke. So now i'm looking to replace the spring too. I also got a $8.00 rebuild kit to rebuild the carb, and intake manifold gasket. Carb re-build....shhhh nothing to it! Now I need to know is those "Gator Blades" any good for mulching? "As compared to the orgional mower blade." Let me know.... thanks.

L

Landngroove

Hello Everyone: I have a 1986 Lawn Boy Model 7035. I puchased this new back then, and have used it every season since. You can't beat the Lawn Boy 2 cycle engine for durability. Great Machines ! :thumbsup:

Attachments

V

v0lten

Hey Lawnboy owners!

My names Eric. I was given a Lawnboy Silver Series 4-cycle 4.5HP lawnmower by my father-in-law last year when we bought a house. It ran really good until the end of the season and I would sometimes have to pull to start, then push the primer a few times before it died and then play with the choke so it ran at a really high rpm for a bit, then it would stay fine. Now this season, it ran perfect for a few mows and now is back to the original problem, but worse, I cant get it to stay running whatsoever.

I've never taken apart a mower motor before but I'm pretty good with my hands and like getting things done and learning things. So I began taking apart everything on the Tecumseh LEV 100 motor. The air filter was a bit dirty and maybe a little bit of oil was in the air filter too, but, I don't think that was the problem. After taking off the carburetor and taking off the linkages, I removed the float bowl. After removing it, this little needle (I think called the inlet needle) fell out before I could see how it was seated. Other than that falling out, I was able to clean everything up a bit and put it back together properly (Everything was actually pretty clean, so idk what the problem is still). I put the needle in the hole where it goes and put everything back together. Still the same problem, it just seemed like it wasn't getting any fuel. I figured it probably had to do with me not putting the inlet needle back in the right place or the pin that is attached to it not back in the right place. So I took the pin and put it around the pin that holds the float in place, and it actually looked like it belonged there, but still, same problem with the motor not staying running. The motor does turn a few times like its getting the tiniest bit of fuel but not a good enough flow to stay running. Even pushing the primer button doesnt keep it going.

Perhaps the inlet needle and pin isnt even the problem, but I want to make sure I at least put it in the right place, here is a picture. The blue line is the pin that is going around the float pin.

carb.jpg

Here is a diagram on Partstree of my model carburetor.
dispdiagimg.php

I've also noticed that when I push the primer bulb, I dont hear the liquid "squish" of gas like I have felt in my string trimmer and other lawnmowers. The bulb itself seems like its in good shape though and doesnt seem to a problem. Is it normal to not hear or feel the "squish"?

I've also tried replacing the spark plug.

Any other ideas, questions, comments, ANYTHING is greatly appreciated! Im so glad I found a forum like this that will probably be able to help me. I love this lawnmower and feel like I owe it a chance before I give up on it.

Another question on a side note (lol): I always use 93 octane in my power equipment, instead of 87, is there any real benefit to doing so, or am I just wasting my money?

Thanks again!

L

Landngroove

Hello Eric; If you suspect the carburetor is the problem with your machine, you should remove it again, dis-assemble it, and soak it in a carburetor solvent. Also get a rebuild kit. You can replace the needle and seat, and gaskets. After soaking the carb, blow it out with compressed air, and check all orifices to make sure there is not the tiniest blockage. Take a fine piece of wire, and insert in these orifices to make sure they are clear. It sounds like you have a Tecumseh carb, so when putting the needle back in, make sure the long leg of the retaining clip, which holds the needle to the float, points toward the air intake of carb. The seat goes in with the grooved side into the carb body. Let us know how you make out.

dwblue00

dwblue00

The clip for the needle is supposed to ride on the brass float. There is a brass tang that allows the float to move the needle up and down accordingly. Also while the carb is upside down (with the bowl off) make sure float is level. (or parallel with the carb body) To adjust slightly bend the tang that the clip attaches to. While its upside down and adjusted properly blow through the fuel inlet, You should not be able to blow through. That means that the seal is also good. Also the float bowls deepest point should be farthest from the floats pivot point. There is a very informative video on youtube on how to rebuild the carbs on the 4 strokers. I found it under carb rebuild on TVS120 engine. I rebuilt mine only costs about $10-$12. Do just as Landngroove says and what I told ya and the engine will purr. Hope this helps ya. On the other note: 93 octane is really a waste of money. The manufactuers usually specify no lower that 87 octane. I really dont think you'll get a liquid squish when you primer the engine at least on these carbs.

dwblue00

dwblue00

The orange circle is the tang where that float clip slides on to.

Attachments

V

v0lten

Well I took everything off, cleaned everything I could find at the time with a wire and sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner. I also hooked the inlet need back together correctly and the float is level. The best I could get was about 10 seconds of running while pushing the primer button ferociously to get it to stay running, but, even with that, it still died.

I did some more reading around and I learned a few things that I missed before. I didnt realize the brass bolt that attaches the float bowl is also the main jet, and I believe I missed the very tiny jet that is at the top of the threads. I also destroyed the washer that goes on that bolt from over-tightening. I also didnt realize the bowl is supposed to go back on in a certain direction (the dented end towards the pin holding the float so the float can have more room to drop). And last but not least, I have found a lot of people talk about welch plugs. I havent found any really good diagram to see what they are, are they the two round rusty looking things on the underside of the carb that you can see in my picture?

Someone said they had rusty welch plugs and replaced them and it fixed a similar problem to mine, but, that it was a tricky job and you can permanently damage the carburetor.

Any more ideas are very welcome, I just had to mow my overgrown lawn with my dads old push mower. Man I miss this lawnmower.

L

Landngroove

Sounds like a passageway/orifice for fuel is blocked. It could be dirt, or it could be a result of old fuel varnish, that needs to be dissolved. I have dealt with conditions like this before, and had to immerse disassembeld carb in solvent for a good 24 hours, and then blow out with compressed air.

dwblue00

dwblue00

I agree with Landngroove there must be some dirt somewhere plugging up the venturi or the brass bolt that holds the float bowl in. Get a old paperclip and a twist tie from a garbage bags box and clean every hole, orfice, and passageway. I had a 2 stroke that did the same thing your describing and it was dirt in the venturi. Carb cleaner isn't always enough to clean out all the dirt. If you didn't already get a rebuild kit. You'll get it running. With all of us on here, your in good hands.

V

v0lten

Thanks for all the advice, I plan on buying a few things I need and then attempting it all again. Ill keep everyone informed

Any other ideas in the meantime are still welcome

V

v0lten

Well good news!

I ordered a few new gaskets and a welch plug and started taking apart the carb again. This time making sure to clean every single orifice that I didnt know about last time. I also took off one of the two welch plugs (I took off the easier one of the two). Man, that was a good build-up of rust on the underside of that welch plug. I also took off the idler screw(I think thats what it is, and cleaned the tiny hole inside there. I installed the inlet needle the correct way and tested the seal by blowing into the fuel inlet to see if it leaks (it didnt). I installed the fuel bowl the correct way so that the float can dip down into the indented part of the bowl.

I basically did everything you guys told me to do plus a few things I learned in some other places, lol.

Once I started trying to get her going I was having dejavu. Same problem of just not starting at all. After about 20 pulls and lots of priming, I decided to mess with the choke screw and open it up a little. After a pull or two it started running very low rpm for a few seconds before it died. So, I opened it up a few more turns and Vroom Vroom on the first pull. I left her running for about 10 minutes and she sounded great!

Now my next project is to sharpen the blade and probably change the oil while Im under there. Cant wait to mow my lawn tomorrow!

Thanks again guys for helping me troubleshoot!!!!

D

denwayanderson

I have a lawn boy gold series 10545. great mower

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

denwayanderson said:
I have a lawn boy gold series 10545. great mower

I have it's cousin. The 10546. I agree, they are great mowers. I can't say enough about the 2 stroke lawn boys. If you take care of them, they'll last a long time. Plus they're simple to work on. All that and aluminum/mag decks; you can't go wrong :)

L

Lary1r

Re: Lawn Boy Owner Check-In

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Lawn boy mdl 10545 Gold Series, electric start, self-propelled from Craigs list. It has some issues and I joined this forum to get answers on how to fix the problems.

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Lary1r said:
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Lawn boy mdl 10545 Gold Series, electric start, self-propelled from Craigs list. It has some issues and I joined this forum to get answers on how to fix the problems.

What are they?

Gene123

Gene123

Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum (as of a couple of days ago). I'm retired, living in my home state of Texas. My father introduced me to Lawn Boys over fifty years ago. When I purchased my first home in the 1970's, I chose a Lawn Boy due to the fact that his was so dependable, light, easy to handle, ... and still running well. I've mowed my small lawn for 36 years with a model 5241 (1973) --- a 19" pusher bought used for $20 at a garage sale in 1976. This spring, it finally gave up. It's nearly outlasted me. :laughing: It's still got 95 lbs compression, but the coil died. I just got two non running model 5247's from the barn of an old buddy who passed away. One has 35 lbs compression, so it looks hopeless. The other has 105 lbs compression, and I'm pretty excited about it. I'll be reading the forum and posting a few questions as I try to get one of the 5247's humming again. It would be great if I could fix them both. I'll post a few photos later. Best regards, fellows.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

... I've mowed my small lawn for 36 years with a model 5241 (1973) --- a 19" pusher bought used for $20 at a garage sale in 1976. ...

That's a 1970s Lawn-Boy for you. :thumbsup:

C

Ctype

Hi,

Love my Lawn Boy. It's a Silver Pro model 10324. It's as cantankerous as a mower could ever be. Never thought of giving it a name, but 'Christine' would fit. Pretty much does it's own thing - only seems to start when it wants to. I'll be posting that problem is a few minutes.

Bill

M

mn.mike

Good Morning,

Model 8243AE (electric start), purchased in 2003 for $95 from a local handyman. Always starts, light, and fast.

Mike

V

vtalmadge

Hi Everyone ... I have a 1997 Silver Series, Model 10302, 1 speed self propelled Lawn Boy with a 4 stroke Tecumseh engine. I bought it new and it's been a wonderful mower until recent drive problems, still working on it.
Back in the mid 80's, I bought a two stroke from a local nursery and believe it or not, it was red, white and blue. There wasn't one bit of Lawn Boy green on this mower. I had it several years, paid $100 for it and wish I would have kept it. I do believe it was one of kind model.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Back in the mid 80's, I bought a two stroke from a local nursery and believe it or not, it was red, white and blue. There wasn't one bit of Lawn Boy green on this mower. I had it several years, paid $100 for it and wish I would have kept it. I do believe it was one of kind model.

A lot, if not most, of the early Lawn-Boys weren't green. I'm sure some other members in this forum that know more about this than I do (so correct me if needed), but I think the green color was adopted by LB in the early 1970s.

I wish I had one of those red, white and blue Lawn-Boys. :cool:

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

It might have been a bicentennial model.

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Fireman 123 said:

Found this pic. Sadly it's not mine.

Attachments

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I think you may be onto something. The wheels and the shroud look like they are from that era (mid-1970s). That would be quite a collector's item. :cool:

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Yes it's a 1976 special model. I've found only a couple pics on the Internet. They had a special side bag as well. Worth a pretty penny I'd say.

W

wildbill59

Found this pic. Sadly it's not mine.

Fireman, don't be sad, today may be your lucky day! I'm getting ready to put mine on Ebay, and I found this forum while doing some research on these mowers. I'll post some pics when I get home. Mine is a 1976 Liberty Machine, serial # 8234EX. Pretty similar to the one in the picture you found, it's a D600 model, electric start, self-propelled.

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

It will be someone's lucky day. If you offer to ship, it will fetch a good price!

S

slofut

Hey,
I have a 10301, a 10323 and a 10304. All in use and in constant maintenance it seems. Love the sound of these little poppers, much like my british seagull! Wish I could find a real one ...cast deck commercial self propelled, near south Ga.
Bill

J

justinreese

I am the proud new owner of a Lawn Boy commercial duty model 10601 and just wanted to say hello to everyone and share a few pics.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    84 KB · Views: 21

• untitled2.bmp
    84 KB · Views: 59

E

ecally

I'm new to the forum, and sorry have no pics. But we purchased a 'Silver Series' in 1996 for my Dad upon his retirement. He used it for quite a few years. After he passed away it sat in his garage for probably the last 5 years. I cleaned it up, cleaned out the carb, new mounting gaskets on the carb, new fuel and primer lines, new plug, cleaned the exhaust ports, lubed and tightened etc. It started on the first pull and I've been using it all summer now. It is LOUD, and it does have a vibration to it, but it runs like a champ. It's the first 2-cycle I've used (other than LB's we had when I was young). It smokes a little until it warms up then you really don't notice it. It has all kind of power. I believe it has a cast iron cylinder liner - which had no marks on it when I peaked into the cylinder. The only problem is the deck is rotting out. I may try to find a deck in better shape at the end of the season. Sad the 2-cycle is no longer made.

Gene123

Gene123

I'm new to the forum, and sorry have no pics. But we purchased a 'Silver Series' in 1996 for my Dad upon his retirement. He used it for quite a few years. After he passed away it sat in his garage for probably the last 5 years. I cleaned it up, cleaned out the carb, new mounting gaskets on the carb, new fuel and primer lines, new plug, cleaned the exhaust ports, lubed and tightened etc. It started on the first pull and I've been using it all summer now. It is LOUD, and it does have a vibration to it, but it runs like a champ. It's the first 2-cycle I've used (other than LB's we had when I was young). It smokes a little until it warms up then you really don't notice it. It has all kind of power. I believe it has a cast iron cylinder liner - which had no marks on it when I peaked into the cylinder. The only problem is the deck is rotting out. I may try to find a deck in better shape at the end of the season. Sad the 2-cycle is no longer made.

Hello from Texas, ecally. Sounds like you did a good job getting it back in service. Regarding the deck rotting, some of the fellows on the forum might be able to tell you if you could mount the engine on an aluminum Lawn Boy deck. If not, maybe you could find an old two cycle LB with an aluminum deck. They won't rot, and they're quiet since they have the muffler under the deck. Some of them are abandoned when they only need a little tlc. I've got two 19" push models --- a 1973 model 5241 and a 1980 model 5247. The 5241 (1973) deck cracked, and the engine bolted onto another 5247 purrfectly. :smile: Some of us like the simple early models so much, we want to have a spare one for a back up.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I'll bet sharpening and balancing the blade will cure the vibration problem. There have been threads about that in "General Mower..."

What is the model number on your mower?

E

ecally

Thanks for the welcome.I will have to get my model when home. I did sharpen and balance the blade but might try a new one. I can see a little movement when I push the flywheel or bottom end of crankshaft back and forth. Not sure howw much movement is normal.

EDIT: My model is 10304

turfboy1997

turfboy1997

I used to mow my neighbors yard when i was a kid and i used their Lawn-Boy. I don't know what model it was but it was a push mower F series with the gas tank on the very front of the engine. It was sorely mistreated by the owner and still fired right over for me on the first pull everytime! After that i was an addict! Since then i have used several different 2 strokes and nothing compares to the cut and reliability of Lawn-Boy. I also used to work summers for another neighbor who had 15 or so F series commercial push mowers. Now those were a treat to run and started everytime on the first pull. But my favorite model was the 8243 and 8243AE models that my other two neighbors owned. I liked them so much that i just purchased one off ebay sunday and it arrived today! So my lineup is a 2004 10323 Duraforce rear bagger and as of today a 1987 8243 f series side bagger. Pictures to come later!

turfboy1997

turfboy1997

Here is the 8243 Lawnboy! Just mowed the lawn with it and it mowed amazing!

Attachments

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

turfboy1997 said:
Here is the 8243 Lawnboy! Just mowed the lawn with it and it mowed amazing!

That's a very nice looking mower! I had an 8243 as well, but sold it (bittersweet).

turfboy1997

turfboy1997

That's a very nice looking mower! I had an 8243 as well, but sold it (bittersweet).

Thanks! why did you get rid of it? always wanted one but dad was a toro guy so i had one of the suzuki 2 stroke models. When this one came across ebay i had to have it!

turfboy1997

turfboy1997

Here is my 10323 Dura Force Rear bagger!

Attachments

snappin

snappin

Hey everyone.I've always liked the idea of a 2 cycle mower, so I bought two of them.One is a Silver Series and one is a Gold Series.They seem the same,except one is a little newer.They both start with one pull and run great.:smile:

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

turfboy1997 said:
Thanks! why did you get rid of it? always wanted one but dad was a toro guy so i had one of the suzuki 2 stroke models. When this one came across ebay i had to have it!

Money looked better than the mower at the time haha.

turfboy1997

turfboy1997

That makes sense! It sure is a smooth motor!

snappin

snappin

Hey everyone.I've always liked the idea of a 2 cycle mower, so I bought two of them.One is a Silver Series and one is a Gold Series.They seem the same,except one is a little newer.They both start with one pull and run great.:smile:

http://

Rudedog

Rudedog

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is my new to me 10323. I want to get back into Lawn Boy mowers and happened upon this site. I picked up this unit about an yesterday for free. It starts on the first pull but did spit some raw fuel out of the exhaust and is hunting a little. I am guessing that I may need some carb adjustment. I have hardly checked much over but I'm looking forward to learning some. I am familiar with chainsaws and had a Lawn Boy years ago. Now that I am a chainsaw fanatic I thought I would get back into a Lawn Boy. I figured a free unit would be good to start with. I see Ebay has some nice looking units but a little pricey. Are there any good places to find nice semi or fully restored units? I am interested in the Lawn Boys with D and F motors and I don't like the self propelled. I am looking forward to contributing to the site

Attachments

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Nice mower you picked up for free. For some silly reason, they didn't come with a fuel shutoff like all the F prior models. So, in time fuel makes its way past the needle & seat, and causes the symptoms you described. It's very common with the Duraforce engines. I'd get a generic in-line fuel valve, take the carb off, clean it, and put a new needle & seat in it. That should take care of the problem.

turfboy1997

turfboy1997

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is my new to me 10323. I want to get back into Lawn Boy mowers and happened upon this site. I picked up this unit about an yesterday for free. It starts on the first pull but did spit some raw fuel out of the exhaust and is hunting a little. I am guessing that I may need some carb adjustment. I have hardly checked much over but I'm looking forward to learning some. I am familiar with chainsaws and had a Lawn Boy years ago. Now that I am a chainsaw fanatic I thought I would get back into a Lawn Boy. I figured a free unit would be good to start with. I see Ebay has some nice looking units but a little pricey. Are there any good places to find nice semi or fully restored units? I am interested in the Lawn Boys with D and F motors and I don't like the self propelled. I am looking forward to contributing to the site

Check craigslist for mowers. They will have some good ones on there every now and again. Great find on the free mower. Bought my 10323 new in 2006 and have only had to put a new primer bulb on it. very reliable!

Rudedog

Rudedog

Nice mower you picked up for free. For some silly reason, they didn't come with a fuel shutoff like all the F prior models. So, in time fuel makes its way past the needle & seat, and causes the symptoms you described. It's very common with the Duraforce engines. I'd get a generic in-line fuel valve, take the carb off, clean it, and put a new needle & seat in it. That should take care of the problem.

Thanks Fireman 123. I need to surf and find the manual and IPL for this mower. Where is a good place to look to purchase a new needle, seat and in line fuel valve?

Check craigslist for mowers. They will have some good ones on there every now and again. Great find on the free mower. Bought my 10323 new in 2006 and have only had to put a new primer bulb on it. very reliable!

Thanks, will do

L

Lockcuff

Hello All, Picked up my first Lawn Boy today! I can only say I love it. A little awkward to mow with but I am figuring it out.
Its a '89' model 10525 with rear bagger. I paid $140 for it off craigslist. I think i did good?
It started effortlessly and sounded pretty mean so I said yes.
I came to the forum to get some maintenance/upkeep tips.
Look Forward to talking with everyone :smile:
10525.jpg

weasel

weasel

im unable to load pics as i havt taken pics of the ones ive got yet but i have a

5239C
2-3002's

and thats my gang!

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Lockcuff said:
Hello All, Picked up my first Lawn Boy today! I can only say I love it. A little awkward to mow with but I am figuring it out.
Its a '89' model 10525 with rear bagger. I paid $140 for it off craigslist. I think i did good?

That's a great looking mower! It's a little newer than a '89 though. The 10525 was made in 1998-2000 according to Lawnboy.com. You gave a very fair price for it I think. Especially if you were able to pick it up locally. My advise would be to install an in-line fuel shutoff if someone hasn't done so already.

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

I gave my 1972 model 7021 the Grabber Green treatment yesterday. This old mower still runs great, and would have to be about the best $10 I've spent.

Attachments

Rudedog

Rudedog

I gave my 1972 model 7021 the Grabber Green treatment yesterday. This old mower still runs great, and would have to be about the best $10 I've spent.

Sweet looker. I would like to get one of those Brick Tops someday. When you applied the grabber green did you do any light sanding or did you just clean and spray? Who's grabber green did you use?

attachment.php

Attachments

Rudedog

Rudedog

10525.jpg

Two stroke posted these in another thread. I ordered them for my Duraforce that had bno shut off.

K&T Parts House - Universal-Most Common Items - Fuel Line & Accessories Gas Caps, Fittings,Filters,Primer Bulbs - Cut-off Valve 1/4"

K&T Parts House - Universal-Most Common Items - Fuel Line & Accessories Gas Caps, Fittings,Filters,Primer Bulbs - Fuel Filter 1/4"

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Rudedog said:
Sweet looker. I would like to get one of those Brick Tops someday. When you applied the grabber green did you do any light sanding or did you just clean and spray? Who's grabber green did you use?

Thanks! I think it was duplicolor paint that I used. No sanding, there was a lot of bare metal on this one. I only masked the ID tag on the deck. A steady hand and there's the result lol. I just wanted it to look good. I don't have time or the money to go full blown resto.

L

Lockcuff

WOW that does look pretty good.

msinabottle

msinabottle

Aging Lawn Boy with an Aging LawnBoy

Hello!

I'm still using the same crappy LawnBoy Model 5247 I used when I was in High School--thing's only 30 years old and NOW its valve is leaking gas despite the new gasket I'd squirreled and put into it. I'll see if you guys have any solution. Nothing lasts these days...

That is being ironic. I love the little green beast and it runs superbly, particularly with its new carburetor and the new ignition unit it needed a few years back. Just have to lick this leaking thing and we'll be good again. I hope you guys have a good answer to that. I've never regretted finding a good thing and sticking to it. Looks as if I've fallen among kindred souls.

And there's also the unused... Never started... all the labels... utility grade LawnBoy my father bought at the same time as the 5247 that's been sitting in the shed for thirty years, in case we needed a spare. I wonder what I'll ever do with that?

Best!

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Re: Aging Lawn Boy with an Aging LawnBoy

Hello!

I'm still using the same crappy LawnBoy Model 5247 I used when I was in High School--thing's only 30 years old and NOW its valve is leaking gas despite the new gasket I'd squirreled and put into it. I'll see if you guys have any solution. Nothing lasts these days...

That is being ironic. I love the little green beast and it runs superbly, particularly with its new carburetor and the new ignition unit it needed a few years back. Just have to lick this leaking thing and we'll be good again. I hope you guys have a good answer to that. I've never regretted finding a good thing and sticking to it. Looks as if I've fallen among kindred souls.

And there's also the unused... Never started... all the labels... utility grade LawnBoy my father bought at the same time as the 5247 that's been sitting in the shed for thirty years, in case we needed a spare. I wonder what I'll ever do with that?

Best!

I'm not clear on what is leaking... the fuel shutoff valve? And what gasket did you replace? In any case it sounds like something totally fixable.

So you have a brand new commercial grade Lawn-Boy that's about 30 years old? :cool2:

That could fetch serious bucks on eBay. Model #? :cool:

Please post photos of both mowers.

Welcome. :welcome:

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Like hearing about old, one owner Lawnboys still being used. The utility and commercial mowers are different models, although ANY older, unused Lawnboy is worth a pretty penny to collectors.

https://www.shoplawnboy.com/Comerge...Deck And Shroud Group Model: 5247, 7229, 7268

If this is the type shroud/fuel tank you have, you'll need part #7, 681817. It's a discontinued part unfortunately, but they do pop up on eBay every now and then. Good luck.

Rudedog

Rudedog

Re: Aging Lawn Boy with an Aging LawnBoy

So you have a brand new commercial grade Lawn-Boy that's about 30 years old? :cool2:

That could fetch serious bucks on eBay. Model #? :cool:

Please post photos of both mowers.

Welcome. :welcome:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

... The utility and commercial mowers are different models...

I'm unfamiliar with "utility" LBs. I just assumed it was the same as commercial. Please explain. :ashamed:

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Two-Stroke said:
I'm unfamiliar with "utility" LBs. I just assumed it was the same as commercial. Please explain. :ashamed:

The utility models were built with a "four-square" stamped steel deck with the standard side discharge. They were a 'budget' Lawnboy in their time from what I've read. Of course, the high end, high dollar commercial models had the orange 1 gallon fuel tank, orange steel wheels, and the engine guards.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

The utility models were built with a "four-square" stamped steel deck with the standard side discharge. They were a 'budget' Lawnboy in their time from what I've read. Of course, the high end, high dollar commercial models had the orange 1 gallon fuel tank, orange steel wheels, and the engine guards.

Thanks -- I had never heard that term.

msinabottle

msinabottle

Pics are do-able... Not tonight in the rain, but very do-able.

The early '80's Lawn Boy's had a plastic 'shut off' valve, like a motorcycle's, with a big rubber gasket held against the valve arm by a spring-steel clip. Mine quite recently has started leaking right through the bottom of the valve when the valve is in the "off' position--I kept wondering why the tank was empty. The rubber gasket is a thick neoprene disk with four holes in it, two engage pins on the valve arm, the other two allow gas to flow down from the gas tank into the fuel line through a cut-out in the valve arm. I think in the 30 years I've had the beast the valve seat has worn a bit, so that even the new gasket I bought and put aside for the eventuality is too thin to keep the fuel from leaking. One thought is to make a neoprene 'shiv' to make up the missing thickness, another is to seal the old hole--I've had lovely luck with 'Seal All' --and tap in a new valve which could be serviced or replaced.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I will unleash the Nikon at first opportunity.

Best!

msinabottle

msinabottle

Survivors from the '80's

All right, you asked for pictures... I had a horrid time uploading them, that is NOT the friendliest interface... There are more views in my album. Here's the in-use, leaking 5247:
msinabottle-albums-msinabottle-s-1980-s-lawn-boys-picture6353-lawnboys86.jpg

Right here's where it's leaking, right down from the valve, not through the air filter or the junction with the fuel line:
msinabottle-albums-msinabottle-s-1980-s-lawn-boys-picture6355-lawnboys88.jpg

And here's the Utility Mower, as far as I know unstarted--the mud on the wheels I think goes back to Dad wheeling it into the shed:
msinabottle-albums-msinabottle-s-1980-s-lawn-boys-picture6340-lawnboys78.jpg

Here's the engine:
msinabottle-albums-msinabottle-s-1980-s-lawn-boys-picture6339-lawnboys77.jpg

Any suggestions about how to stop the gas leak through the fuel valve stem--I replaced the gasket--would be very welcome.

Best!

R

rms61moparman

I don't have a Lawn Boy yet.
That is the reason I'm here as I reasearch everything to death before I buy.
Just looking for the best models and or the models with inherent problems that I should avoid.

Mike

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

rms61moparman said:
I don't have a Lawn Boy yet.
That is the reason I'm here as I reasearch everything to death before I buy.
Just looking for the best models and or the models with inherent problems that I should avoid.

Mike

Not sure if you're in the new, or used market. I know nothing about the newer Lawnboy mowers. My suggestion would be a Gold Series, self propelled with the F series 2 cycle engine, and an aluminum deck. These were produced in the mid-90's. It would be an added bonus to me to find one with the metal Walbro carb, vs the plastic LB carb. I say that because that's what I primarily mow with and love it.

D

dragan322

I have a 2-cycle S19ZPM that I bought new around 1992. Still running after all these years. Hoping to get another 20 out of it. dragan322, Indiana, PA

thehemikid

thehemikid

Hello all,...
...I bought a LB 10227 (didn't know that at the time)... idk, maybe 2-3 months ago & attached it to my 721D Grasshopper for mowing a steep bank that's not very deep but long. I didn't feel like fighting a push mower on a bank ever 8 or so days. I figured the LB would be better sense the oil was mixed & I didn't have to worry about the crank-case oil deal on the steep slope but hoped the carb/fuel bowl would work at that angle. I figured if it had fuel problems at a 28* angle I'd try an rotate the carb if possible by some fabrication (thinking at the time). I needed one with the gas fill cap on the left side cause that would be up hill while mowing. First one I found had that & started fine, so I bought it for $35.
...Mowed with it about 3 times, (carb works fine), then the coil quit firing. Read around on this forum for a while & found out about baking the coil. Didn't like the Idea of the coil in my food oven so I just found an old hair dryer from my 70's hair days :biggrin:, pulled the cover on the mower & put it right on the coil. 168* was as hot as it would get & left it there for 20 min., & it fired right up. I've had to heat it again so I searched around here again & ....Thanks to ...

...Gene123 for the "Parts source recommendation" thread, & RobertBrown for the Amazon idea post, for a replacement coil. I came in yesterday, I fired er up today. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Attachments

B

bdbinga

I'm new to the forum and have a new to me1986 Lawn Boy model 8035 that I got from a friend. It sat in his garage unused for over 15 years. He wanted to make sure it ran before he brought it to me so he tried to start it. The ,power wouldn't start so he put gas in it with very little oil and got it started. He ran the mower for about 10 minutes. He said a few sparks came out of the bottom so he turned it off and brought it to me. The mower starts very easy now but when idling the engine pops and it doesn't seem to have the power of my old Lawn Boy while cutting. It leaves a trail of cut grass out of the right side that doesn't go into the bag and seems to bog down in taller grass. I'm hoping someone on the forum has a suggestions on what might be wrong and if it is worth fixing.

Fireman 123

Fireman 123

Were the "sparks" he saw possibly due to the motor being out of time, and actually backfiring (you said it pops)? This can cause your issues. I'd pull the flywheel and see if the key has been sheared. Keep us updated, and we'll do our best to help you.

robinb66

robinb66

Sorry for the delay my names Robin Barnard been working on mowers since I was 13 years old now 45 went high svchool took box-office tech classes while.attending Monett high school go cubs graduated in 84 from monett High school and voc-tech small engines class with directors honor roll in small engines repair went junior.and.senior year.

T

TJM_70

I'm new...proud owner of a d-series 19" and an f-series 21".

2 stroke FOREVER!

N

NCdad

Hello to all,
I recently acquired a 1984 Lawnboy model 7271 push mower. I do not have a photo of it yet. When it runs, it runs beautifully ! I do not have an owner's manual and have to guess at how many times I must push the primer button. I fear that I 'overprime' it. If I let it sit overnight, it sometimes starts up without priming ! This is my first two stroke lawn boy. I am using a 1/32 oil to gas mixture and added 2 ml of Marvel mystery oil to the gas.
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you all, NCdad

C

craig083

Hi my name is Craig... I've had a 1978 model 5026 for a couple of years now and finally fixed it up to where it is working great. I believe it is the first year for the "F" engines and it is running awesome! I have just now come to appreciate how great lawn-boys are and it's my favorite mower I've ever had. Happy to be a part of this site!

rejaak

rejaak

Hi, I'm Steve and I own 2 Lawn Boys, a 1997 model 10523 self-propelled and a 2006 model 10685 which was just given to me. I'm interested in selling the 2-stroke of which i'll post pics and give more details later. great to be here.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi, I'm Steve and I own 2 Lawn Boys, a 1997 model 10523 self-propelled and a 2006 model 10685 which was just given to me. I'm interested in selling the 2-stroke of which i'll post pics and give more details later. great to be here.

:welcome: to LMF! :smile:

40acresandaford

Just got a Lawn-Boy 10324 DuraForce mower for free...but need to get it running right.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Just got a Lawn-Boy 10324 DuraForce mower for free...but need to get it running right.

Welcome to LawnMowerForum....nice mower! :welcome:

xboxscore

xboxscore

I have a used Lawnboy that I purchased for $75.00, 3 years ago. It's a 2001 commercial model 22261 that is self propelled and has the extra large gas tank. I don't have the bag attachment but plan to get one. This is an outstanding mower and I wish I had gotten one sooner. I'm new to this forum and welcome any information or advice.

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I have a used Lawnboy that I purchased for $75.00, 3 years ago. It's a 2001 commercial model 22261 that is self propelled and has the extra large gas tank. I don't have the bag attachment but plan to get one. This is an outstanding mower and I wish I had gotten one sooner. I'm new to this forum and welcome any information or advice.

:welcome: Welcome to LawnMowerForum! That looks like a really nice mower! I like the controls on the handlebar! :thumbsup:

S

snapperman57

Hi,my name is Ray,I have seven Lawnboys a 8602, 10304,10313 and 10247 are steel decks and the 10515, ,5244, 8157A1 are aluminum decks.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi,my name is Ray,I have seven Lawnboys a 8602, 10304,10313 and 10247 are steel decks and the 10515, ,5244, 8157A1 are aluminum decks.

Wow you have a nice collection of mowers! :thumbsup: And welcome to the forum!! :welcome:

1sATURNIAN

have a silver series self propelled that started to grind before it quit, if any one has any suggestions,i thank you in advance.

tRY TO BE MORE SPECIFIC WITH "GRIND"... THE ENGINE OR RHE MOWER?

J

Jwheeler

Hi, I'm Jim. Bought a Lawn Boy 8431 at a local estate sale on half price day for $62.50. Can't believe someone did not take it for $126 the first day. Owned by a man with a 10000 square foot lawn. The mower is in great shape, started on the third pull. Question is what type of oil and what mix. My first Lawn Boy was a gift from my wifes grandfather in 1977, was a late 60's mower, I loved the mower. Because my wife really hated it I traded for a new self propelled Lawn Boy with a starter in 1978 ($650 was a lot of money then). Had nothing but trouble with the mower, this time I hated it. Have gotten by without a Lawn Boy since. Decided last year to look for another simple two cycle and had not been able to find one until now. Sometimes you just get lucky. Thanks in advance for any advice. Tried to attach photos but I could not get it to work.

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Hi, I'm Jim. Bought a Lawn Boy 8431 at a local estate sale on half price day for $62.50. Can't believe someone did not take it for $126 the first day. Owned by a man with a 10000 square foot lawn. The mower is in great shape, started on the third pull. Question is what type of oil and what mix. My first Lawn Boy was a gift from my wifes grandfather in 1977, was a late 60's mower, I loved the mower. Because my wife really hated it I traded for a new self propelled Lawn Boy with a starter in 1978 ($650 was a lot of money then). Had nothing but trouble with the mower, this time I hated it. Have gotten by without a Lawn Boy since. Decided last year to look for another simple two cycle and had not been able to find one until now. Sometimes you just get lucky. Thanks in advance for any advice. Tried to attach photos but I could not get it to work.

On the fuel/oil mix: I use Poulan two-cycle oil at 50:1. Going by the (LB) book says to mix 32:1 but the new oils are much better and I've been pushing it to 50:1 for years without a problem.

Does it run well?

Let us know -- and sorry that you let go of that 1960s LB. :mur:

D

DPI

Hi all. Just found this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have a Lawn Boy, model 7266 from 1977. My grandfather bought it new and I have been using it ever since. It has been an amazing trouble free machine for years. My faithful lawn mowing companion. Lol. :cool: It started to run rough last year and I just took it completely apart to see what it needs. I can take pictures, but it is in a million pieces right now. Will start a thread with my questions. Thanks in advance!

L

Ltg53207

New here I have an old LawnBoy 7264 with a SN starting with 7 so it apparently doesn't exist.
Runs great, still using it to mow my little patch of lawn here. I just need to fix the primer on it.

F

franchi

New Member checking in!

Hi All:

A new member here checking in for the first time.

I am a Lawnboy lover and at the present time I am repairing and using a Model 5239.

This has been my favourite mower for many years. At only 25 lbs., it is very easy for my wife to trim the lawn.

I taught small engines and auto mechanics for 35 years so I do have a basic knowledge of engine repair.

At present, I am in the process of replacing the coil on my 5239 as I do beleive that the present coil has failed. I will attempt to check it later in the day to be sure.

In any case, thank you for permitting me to join your ranks!

Stay well,

Franchi

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Re: New Member checking in!

Hi All:

I am a Lawnboy lover and at the present time I am repairing and using a Model 5239.

This has been my favourite mower for many years. At only 25 lbs., it is very easy for my wife to trim the lawn.

I taught small engines and auto mechanics for 35 years so I do have a basic knowledge of engine repair.

At present, I am in the process of replacing the coil on my 5239 as I do beleive that the present coil has failed. I will attempt to check it later in the day to be sure.

Stay well,

Franchi

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld...nice mower! :thumbsup:

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Re: New Member checking in!

Hi All:

Stay well,

Franchi

Welcome to the forum, Franchi. You will be a great addition to our LB crew. Please post photos of your mowers.

WhyZed

WhyZed

Hey hey everyone, WhyZed Doug in the house and thanks for having me,

I've been on & off looking for a 2 stroke mower for a couple years to replace my 4 stroke POS and this little fella fell right into my lap.

Garbage day, my new neighbor had 2 mowers out for pick-up. I ran over & saw this crazy looking 'Lawn-Boy' so I grabbed it! I didn't even make it across the road when some random truck pulled up & took the 4 stroke mowing POS thing.

This Lawn-Boy mower I grabbed was so light it surprised me. I added a few drops of petrol into the spark plug hole & it fire straight up! NICE!!!!

I still don't know exactly what it is, as the numbers on it don't match up exactly to the docs I can find on the net.

I did post info, question, picts, etc regarding my new mower here

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/lawn-boy-forum/15947-help-me-idintfy-my-new-mower.html

so I just saying hi :wink: and thanks for being here.. :drink:

WhyZed

WhyZed

My dearest Mom 'RIP' (I miss you so much!!) worked for OutBoard Marine Peterborough Ontario Canada, for over a decade.
She made Lawn-Boy mowers along with outboard marine engines for you and me..

I hope to get examples of the best machines she laid her precious hands on.

L

lawnboyjosh

Hello I lucked into a lawn boy just sitting on this side of the road, I was driving threw a nice neighbor hood when I saw it a big FREE sign. So my first lawn boy was free Lucky right... well its a 89 Its only 19 years too young
My uncle tells me its the 60's or 70's I want the most so my first question on this site will be what is the year that the COOLEST lawn boy was made?
my second question will have to do with this funny air controlled thing that makes my carb not so fun to work on? and the only reason it isn't working right could be that I removed all that green plastic so I can look at this two stroke while its running. Well I hope you guys can help me.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

my first question on this site will be what is the year that the COOLEST lawn boy was made?

I have never owned any Lawnboys but these are pretty cool in my opinion:

old lawnboy.jpg
(http://gasengine.farmcollector.com/...ssues/1992-04-01/GEM_V27_I4_Apr_1992_11-1.jpg)

commercial lawnboy.jpg
(http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j93/my_crib_too/Lawnboy 22243 Posted/PB150266.jpg)

B

bricktop

I have new to me a lawnboy 5021 bricktop with a D432 engine. I want to completely restore this mower. It runs strong just needs paint. What is the proper fuel ratio and what oil is the best?

J

JohnBoy1

Hi everyone. My name is John and I collect lawnboys. Here is a few of my daily mowers.

Attachments

steve0701

steve0701

Welcome, John, you've got a real good-looking collection of Lawn Boys there. I've been using the Gold Series model, second from the right, for 23 years and I can only wish it still looked show-room new like yours.

J

JohnBoy1

Thank you very much. I wish it looked that nice when I got it, or any of them to tell you truth. I don't know how people can tear up such a awesome and unique lawnmowr. They all get a good cleaning and mechanical going through then paint work on the golds.

U

UnstableIan

I have a Lawn Boy Z310 as well as other mowers. It's the only zero turn I own and has been an absolutely wonderful mower.
I broke the axle and am having it replaced. Can't bear to get rid of it, just too dependable and small enough to fit in most smaller gates.
I know it is a residential mower, but this thing has been used and abused for 2 and a half 6 month mowing seasons without issue.
It's worth fixing IMHO.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I have a Lawn Boy Z310 as well as other mowers. It's the only zero turn I own and has been an absolutely wonderful mower.
I broke the axle and am having it replaced. Can't bear to get rid of it, just too dependable and small enough to fit in most smaller gates.
I know it is a residential mower, but this thing has been used and abused for 2 and a half 6 month mowing seasons without issue.
It's worth fixing IMHO.

Not many people own the Lawnboy ZTR's...so we would love to see pictures! :smile:

revdjenk

I am the usually happy owner/user of a model 10547 DuraForce Gold Series mower.

I am not a collector, so this one is not "picturable."

I will be posting a question or two, so be on the watch for them? Hope you can all help...

God Bless
Doug

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

I am the usually happy owner/user of a model 10547 DuraForce Gold Series mower.

I am not a collector, so this one is not "picturable."

I will be posting a question or two, so be on the watch for them? Hope you can all help...

God Bless
Doug

:welcome:

There is lots of information about your DuraForce engine in this forum. Some members have made modifications resulting in considerably improved performance. It's worth a read.

And go ahead a post a photo... it doesn't have to look mint. I'm a collector and none of mine look like that. :laughing:

E

eplummer

Hi Everyone,
I am a newbie to this site. Just rescued an 80's vintage 8241AE from my fathers barn. It had been sitting for at least 20 years, probably more. Replaced the battery and had no action at first. Connected battery directly to starter and got action and spark. Tested the connections starting with the key switch and worked toward the brake plunger switch. Adjusted the screw and engine turned over. No start yet but I think I need to adjust the brake so that I have more travel in the screw. Cant get the locking nut on at the moment. I will keep you posted of my progress.
Eric

A

andy135

Hi I am Andy I got my first Lawnboy 25 yrs ago since then fix and rebuilt some D and F engine mowers, Like the solid state ignition don't want the points and condensers. The 4hp F engine 2 cycle aluminum deck of the 80s are light and pleasure to maneuver around. The only drawback is a little weak for mulching particular with self propel. Right now having 2 duraforce 6 1/2hp 2 cycle gold series. The original Lawnboy blade is good for bagging but not mulching very well. Looking for a better mulching blade. Also have another Honda HR215SX , John Deere JA65. Like to play with self propel and blade stop.

J

JohnBoy1

Throw you a gator blade on that f and you will be quite surprised at how it mulches. Only one of my 11 Lawnboys still has the Tri-cut and that's cause I can't find a 19" blade for a 19 gold series 10401.

A

andy135

Throw you a gator blade on that f and you will be quite surprised at how it mulches. Only one of my 11 Lawnboys still has the Tri-cut and that's cause I can't find a 19" blade for a 19 gold series 10401.
Thanks for the info. I will try it. The Tri-cut is still good for leaves pick up in the fall. I can stuff my yard material bags really good.

M

mudmansteve

Greetings,
Just bought a model 3057 18" Economy Lawn Boy. Looking forward to resoration and use. Haven't actually received the mower yet, pics coming.

R

ratkindler

Hello from Toronto Canada. I recently got a free Lawn-Boy 5124 (1979) through Freecycle. I only recently started learning about small engines by struggling to repair my Craftsman snowblower with a Tecumseh engine. I can now maintain my snowblower and Craftsman lawnmower, but I wanted another lawnmower to fiddle with. This free Lawn-Boy was perfect for me since it's a 2 cycle and I like vintage things! Just got it running after cleaning the carb and replacing the fuel line. Needs a new primer bulb though.

I had no idea people collected lawn mowers until I saw the number of Lawn-Boy videos on Youtube. Surprisingly, there's not that many repair videos though.

I only just started collecting vintage kerosene lanterns. I hope lawnmowers aren't next! :laughing:

R

rb69

Just found a model 10735 for my son who just bought his first house. I have had several 2 cycles lawnboys as a kid and as my sons grew up. Later bought my first new mower (2005) a LB with the Honda gold force GCV 160 motor.

The 10735 is having some surging/rich running issues. Hope to get it running A-1 as he has a large tree and leafs are beginning to drop. It is self propled and also has a bagger. Used them for years to "vacuum" the yard of leafs as they do a great job of it.

geat forum!! Thanks

lzn197

lzn197

I have two Lawn-boy 10323's. One 8241AE and one 10302. They can get kind of moody if you let them sit for a long time but fun to watch heads turn when you mow the steep ditches and deep grass.
twolawnboys 002.jpg
lawnboy.jpg
saglawn2.jpg

G

Guidotkp

Hello, I'm Guido (Nickname, real name is Jesse). I currently own 4 Lawn-Boy mowers - 2x 7268 (1 runs, 1 not), a 7265 (runs good), and a beige bricktop with blue trim that my grandparents bought new in the early to mid '60's (runs good but leaks fuel from float bowl/fuel shut-off). I'm also working a deal that will bring me 6 non-running, and 1 possibly rare running Lawn-Boys of various models. I plan on repairing and mildly restoring my grandparents old bricktop, as well as repairing as many of the non-running mowers as I can, then selling off the duplicates. I've owned nothing but 2 cycle Lawn-Boys my entire adult life, and I'm hoping that the ones that I keep in my collection will satisfy my grass-cutting needs for the rest of my life. I also have a couple of Ryobi weedeaters with the different head units(dual string trimmer, blower, edger), and I'm considering buying a Lawn-Boy brand weedeater that is for sale in my area.

Attachments

2smoked

2smoked

Although I have already introduced my self recently on another thread, I'll give a quick summary here:

1980 19" model 5247-- purchased new and I still use it
1980 21" model R7070 -- purchased & refurbished this last spring, my favorite
1978 21" model 8255 -- a recent Craig's List find, looks and runs sweet, just needed a new coil & some cleaning up, putting in new seals later

I also had a 1984 commercial model 6262 that I got for free. I refurbished it, including new paint and gave it to my son. He likes it a lot.

I would like to find a nice brick top model, but right now my garage is full of enough stuff, including a 1972 Honda CB750 motorcycle and an '05 Harley Ultra Classic. So now you know what I like to do when I'm not cutting grass or working on a mower.

G

Guidotkp

Although I have already introduced my self recently on another thread, I'll give a quick summary here:

1980 19" model 5247-- purchased new and I still use it
1980 21" model R7070 -- purchased & refurbished this last spring, my favorite
1978 21" model 8255 -- a recent Craig's List find, looks and runs sweet, just needed a new coil & some cleaning up, putting in new seals later

I also had a 1984 commercial model 6262 that I got for free. I refurbished it, including new paint and gave it to my son. He likes it a lot.

I would like to find a nice brick top model, but right now my garage is full of enough stuff, including a 1972 Honda CB750 motorcycle and an '05 Harley Ultra Classic. So now you know what I like to do when I'm not cutting grass or working on a mower.

2smoked,

It sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm down to 4 Lawn-Boys and 1 bike right now, a 2004 Harley Fat Boy, but at one time, I had 4 bikes, an assortment of Lawn-Boys, and a 21' open bow V-8 powered ski boat, all in a 12'x24' garage. I had to move the boat out to work on anything. Ride safe, brother!

2smoked

2smoked

2smoked,

It sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm down to 4 Lawn-Boys and 1 bike right now, a 2004 Harley Fat Boy, but at one time, I had 4 bikes, an assortment of Lawn-Boys, and a 21' open bow V-8 powered ski boat, all in a 12'x24' garage. I had to move the boat out to work on anything. Ride safe, brother!

Hi Guido,

I really like that brick top and that suitcase model you have.
Speaking of bikes, my son and I tried out some of the new Indians this last weekend and had a blast. Wonderful motorcycles!! If you love your Fat boy you will love the new Indian. Their new Scout model is a real hot rod.
Happy mowing and cycling!

Ludbutcher

Ludbutcher

Hi guys

Greetings from England

I relatively recently purchased an interesting looking self propelled mower, this thing is very robust and bright green! It carries the name lawn boy which is a new one on me, I don't think this is a brand we would normally have over here. I purchased it from eBay uk for the princely sum of 」20 purely as a cheap temporary replacement for my Allen 218 hover mower which is playing up. However I now have become very attached to this mean green machine! I wondered if any of you guys could tell me exactly what I have here, having done some brief research I think it might be an f series but unsure. It is 2 stroke and possibly 21 inch cut, it would benefit from several replacement parts but these are not available in the uk.

Any information gratefully received :cool:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Re: Hi guys

Greetings from England

I relatively recently purchased an interesting looking self propelled mower, this thing is very robust and bright green! It carries the name lawn boy which is a new one on me, I don't think this is a brand we would normally have over here. I purchased it from eBay uk for the princely sum of 」20 purely as a cheap temporary replacement for my Allen 218 hover mower which is playing up. However I now have become very attached to this mean green machine! I wondered if any of you guys could tell me exactly what I have here, having done some brief research I think it might be an f series but unsure. It is 2 stroke and possibly 21 inch cut, it would benefit from several replacement parts but these are not available in the uk.

View attachment 23224View attachment 23223

That is an F-series engine. Parts are easy to find and it shouldn't be too hard to find an online dealer that will ship to the UK.

There's another member in this forum from Kenya who has a Lawn-Boy (older than yours) that was also built in Belgium. Maybe there's a community of LB owners just across the channel. :thumbsup:

dewguy1999

dewguy1999

Greetings from England

View attachment 23224View attachment 23223

Welcome aboard. If you go to the Lawn-Boy Support Center and enter your model no. and serial no. you can get a service manual, etc. for it. From doing that I can tell you it's from 1984, 30-years old and still going. Enjoy the Lawn-Boy, it's a one-of-a-kind experience.

Ludbutcher

Ludbutcher

Welcome aboard. If you go to the Lawn-Boy Support Center and enter your model no. and serial no. you can get a service manual, etc. for it. From doing that I can tell you it's from 1984, 30-years old and still going. Enjoy the Lawn-Boy, it's a one-of-a-kind experience.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. I have just been on the link but it's not working for me at the moment will try again tomorrow.

It will be saved! :smiley_aafz::smiley_aafz::smiley_aafz::smiley_aafz:

K

Kerry

Hello, all. Newbie to this site, Lawnboy owner for 10 or so years. I collect old outboard motors (34 and counting) and obviously love the smell of 2 stroke in the air. My first Lawnboy is a Scamp, year unknown, (model/serial decal too worn to read) was picked up at the curb for free, needed tires. Still the best mower I've ever had. Just last week I picked up a 1970 Bricktop model 7080 for $25 on Craigslist, and it runs! Oh, I also have a Craftsman self propelled mulcher for the wife. I will try to post pics later.

J

Jimw606

I have had a 10515 since 1994, and it was still running, when I parted it out(somewhat).
I bought a 10546, with the intention of switching my engine over, because my old deck was full of holes, and the tranny was slipping.
Ended up putting the old unit coil in the 10546, along with a wheel, and I am mowing with my new purchase.

d_sharier

d_sharier

Hi everyone. My name is Danny. I have been an avid Lawn-Boy fan for about 5 years now. I am not a "computer guy" but am putting forth an effort to change that. I enjoy repairing small engines. (Briggs & Stratton MST) I am one of the few left in my area that enjoy working on 2-cycle equipment. I have had several mowers over the years.

Currently I have:

LB 5006 Bricktop
LB 3003 Buttercup C-series
LB 8421 BBC
LB 10323 DuraForce x 2
LB 6302 Commercial f-series
Toro 22580 Commercial 2-stroke
Ryan 300 (not running, yet)

The 6302 is next inline for a restoration (hopefully soon)

View attachment 23683
View attachment 23680
View attachment 23681
View attachment 23682

unclelee

unclelee

a few of the boys and parts.....had to build shelving to clean up some of the mess
Lee

beg

beg

a few of my projects that I got running now will have better pics soon never mind the one to the right thats not a Lawn Boy its a torolawnboys.jpg

Snapper101

Snapper101

Welcome. Glad to have another Lawn Boy owner here!

nothing like the smell of 2-stroke smoke and fresh cut grass roasting on the muffler![/QUOTE ME TOO !!!!

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

a few of my projects that I got running now will have better pics soon never mind the one to the right thats not a Lawn Boy its a toroView attachment 23691

M series on upper left corner?

S

SarahLaskowski

HI, we just bought 2 Lawn Boys at a flea market Saturday!! We live on several ridges & hoping having the mix gas will help us not burn up the engines when cutting the grass!!

Our problem!! no owners manuals or even directions from the dude who sold it to us!!!

How much 2 cycle to how much gas??

We got a Model 10525, self propelled & its a Duraforce Engine 6.5 - we think the guy might of mentioned 4 oz to a gallon or was it 3.2 to a gallon???

We also got a Model S21ZPM, its has a 4 hp Commercial Engine - now on the side of it, it looks like it says 8 oz to a gallon, that seems like way too much.

Can you put to much in it? or to little?? We really want these mowers to last more than 1 season!! so tired of buying new (new to us, that is) mowers!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! the grass is growing high here & we've got a couple acres to cut!! thanks so much!! Sarah

unclelee

unclelee

32 to 1 is the correct gas to oil mixture.
Some oils are premeasured to just mix the contents with a gallon of fuel....others have a chart on the container to give correct mixing instructions

A

andy135

HI, we just bought 2 Lawn Boys at a flea market Saturday!! We live on several ridges & hoping having the mix gas will help us not burn up the engines when cutting the grass!!

Our problem!! no owners manuals or even directions from the dude who sold it to us!!!

How much 2 cycle to how much gas??

We got a Model 10525, self propelled & its a Duraforce Engine 6.5 - we think the guy might of mentioned 4 oz to a gallon or was it 3.2 to a gallon???

We also got a Model S21ZPM, its has a 4 hp Commercial Engine - now on the side of it, it looks like it says 8 oz to a gallon, that seems like way too much.

Can you put to much in it? or to little?? We really want these mowers to last more than 1 season!! so tired of buying new (new to us, that is) mowers!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! the grass is growing high here & we've got a couple acres to cut!! thanks so much!! Sarah

The correct mix ratio of gas/oil is 32:1. One gallon have 128 oz. so you need 4 oz. of 2 cycle oil per gallon . This is good for both engine. Little bit more or less won't cause trouble. Too much smoke indicate too much oil.

L

lewb

yes 4 oz per gallon(32 to 1) some will tell you can go 50 to 1 but the design of the internal bearings require more oil, I would use a synthetic 2 stroke oil, should be able to find at Walmart. Synthetic is low ash and should not build up carbon in exhaust that can be an issue with lawn-boys.

L

lewb

My stable of Lawn Boys. Just added the 10590 that needed a cdi and unhooking of oil and bag sensor. Bought it for 40 because I wanted to bag. Probably the best cut of any lawn mower I have ever used. Bagging adds another 15 to 30 minutes to the job. I really like the OMC mikuni carb combo, starts on one or two pulls. Much smoother than the dura force. 10547 has the starter removed and has new short block installed 2 years ago. I did drill the idle and main jet one size and its a beast especially feeling the difference when running right after the 10590. Lighter and easier to throw around. I have a challenging lawn in the back yard (35 degree slope). I did not even try to use the 10590 on that part of lawn. If I had to chose one it would be the 10547 because of the type of lawn I have. 10590 will be getting a new set of wheels so that should help as right now there is no traction

Attachments

J

jp1961

Nice Lawn-boys, and an ever nicer lawn!! Living on 4.8 acres my 'lawn' is a collection of grass, clover, dandelions and other various weeds. I have an army of moles, I swear are building an underground condominium,,,LOL!!

I have a 10547 I picked up on Craigslist for 80.00. It's been winterized and covered in plastic in my basement, I'm saving that one.

Jeff

L

lewb

Well new house with sprinkler system and sod, kind of hard to screw that up. The 10547 I bought from a dealer that was in a pile of mowers, ran for a week then the connecting rod let go. Paid 25 for the mower then 75 for the short block. I did add the commercial wheels on the rear that have a bearing instead of a bushing and have more traction.

T

tjayjones

Hello! I have a 10318 silver series with the 6hp Briggs and a 10552 gold pro 2 cycle. Both in great condition!

PBKFL22

PBKFL22

Hey everyone. I have a 10324 that I have been using for a few years now.Lawn Boy.jpg

R

r1100ron

Howdy:

Name is Ron, live in Houston. I grew up mowing with a later 70's Lawn Boy "Utility" (steel deck, F engine?). Loved it and always wanted another. I recently picked up this nice 1974 7263 with D-600 motor and magnesium deck. Previous owner recently replaced piston and rings. Bearings seem ok. I put new wheels, blade, and primer bulb on it and it runs like a banshee. I can't believe how light and easy to maneuver this is than my Honda HRC216HXA commercial. What a beast. Only thing left to do is figure out a starter pinion retainer clip solution (the replacement part doesn't work) and repaint the deck. I intend to make this my "daily driver".

Attachments

unclelee

unclelee

Good to see a fellow Houston lawnboy guy on here.
Lee

2smoked

2smoked

That is one of the nicest looking examples of that particular model, that I have seen in a while. If it was my mower, I would not repaint the deck, if it was indeed going to be a daily driver. Looks like it has a lot of good original paint on it and the decals look to be in great shape. The white plastic shroud looks to be very clean too.

V

Vinsky

Got my first Lawnboy almost 50 years ago. Don't know why I remembered it as special, but today I stopped by a salvage yard and saw this Lawnboy sitting, my name on it. For $6.00 I brought it home. My hobby is antique motorcycles but this thing got me going and 6 hours later it's all apart and cleaned up.
It's a Model 8401 and appears to be in good mechanical condition. Lots of grease on wheels and drive shaft so I think some one took good care of it. The deck had 2 good size holes in it which is not a problem for me.
I plan to rebuild the carb, put new bearings, seals gaskets in it and enjoy it.
Thanks to those who put this great site together, I'll be back again often.
Vinsky

S

skrusins

Hello to all. I have a M21EMR that I've had since new.

hey_ygbsm

hey_ygbsm

Forum Newbie

New Guy Check-In from Dayton, OH. I have a 1991 S21ZPR I bought from Montgomery Wards in Las Vegas. Still runs like a top!

Tunar

Tunar

Hello, Thank you for hosting this forum. I've been Landscaping for 30 years now and fix all my own equipment. Recently I've exhausted my expertise while trying to fix a Lawn Boy that I own. It's a S21ZSR. I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help.

- Josh

S

slapshot

I have an S21ZSR too! I need the throttle cable and the engine stop cable, both kinked. I just picked it up and dumped the old fuel out and cleaned the air filter and the outside of the carb.

B

Brian Dale

IMG_0518.JPGIMG_0517.JPG

Hey all. I've had my Duraforce since 1998 I guess. It runs as strong as the day I bough it. Until now....

G

green meenie

Hi all! Have a Lawn Boy 10523 Gold Series 2-stroke. It's pretty old but not sure exact year. Best mower I have ever owned but it suddenly started leaking oil from underneath the mowing deck after the first use this spring. Not sure if it's a seal or bearing or what. Wondering whether I should get it looked at and fixed or just get another mower and get rid of this old one. I don't have the time or skill to tear it apart myself but hate to see it go as it's been flawless for probably 18 years now. Can't imagine the 4-strokes are better these days.

L

lewb

Hi all! Have a Lawn Boy 10523 Gold Series 2-stroke. It's pretty old but not sure exact year. Best mower I have ever owned but it suddenly started leaking oil from underneath the mowing deck after the first use this spring. Not sure if it's a seal or bearing or what. Wondering whether I should get it looked at and fixed or just get another mower and get rid of this old one. I don't have the time or skill to tear it apart myself but hate to see it go as it's been flawless for probably 18 years now. Can't imagine the 4-strokes are better these days.

Sounds like a crank seal, I have never done one but I believe they are not too difficult. Its not like your working on a 454 chevy where you have to pull the transmission to get the to the main crank seal. I would assume all you would have to do is remove bolts holding engine to deck as well as blade and just tip motor on its side. The shaft will have to be clean in order to get new seal to slide on crank shaft. Would just need a flat screw driver to work out existing seal, just need to work it out slowly. No specials tools would be required as long as you can get new seal. I am sure someone else who has done the job will be able to give you better advice.

G

green meenie

Thanks for the insight lewb :smile: If it's that easy, maybe I'll give it a whirl, providing I can get the proper seal. Kind of odd because it ran fine first cut of the year with no issue or any hint of a problem. Parked it and the following week, puddle of oil beneath the mowing deck and it would not start. I have done basic maintenance on it every year - just nothing too radical. It is such a great mower that I hate to part with it. Nothing like a good 2-stroke :thumbsup:

L

lewb

Thanks for the insight lewb :smile: If it's that easy, maybe I'll give it a whirl, providing I can get the proper seal. Kind of odd because it ran fine first cut of the year with no issue or any hint of a problem. Parked it and the following week, puddle of oil beneath the mowing deck and it would not start. I have done basic maintenance on it every year - just nothing too radical. It is such a great mower that I hate to part with it. Nothing like a good 2-stroke :thumbsup:

Could also be the float needle not seating, one way to check if you have a bad seal is to spray carb or brake cleaner at the seal, if you get an rpm change you found your problem. Start to eliminate possible issues. To check needle pull carb ,turn up side down and blow into gas in let. If you can get air in that is your issue. Drain gas before u blow.

L

lewb

Motor has to be running for seal test.

G

green meenie

Pretty sure the leaking substance is not gas/oil mix from the carb. It's just oil so that's why the seal issue sounds more likely although, I didn't know there was any oil only in a 2-stroke engine and yes, getting it started is the issue. I have spark and the primer button is feeding fuel but it doesn't want to fire up at all :frown: The volume of oil that has leaked out is not huge - maybe 1/8 cup?

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

Pretty sure the leaking substance is not gas/oil mix from the carb. It's just oil so that's why the seal issue sounds more likely although, I didn't know there was any oil only in a 2-stroke engine and yes, getting it started is the issue. I have spark and the primer button is feeding fuel but it doesn't want to fire up at all :frown: The volume of oil that has leaked out is not huge - maybe 1/8 cup?

If it's not gas/oil mix then the only thing I can think of is gear oil... is this a self-propelled mower?

The seal lewb was talking about also holds in gal/oil (in the crankcase) and if the seal was leaking that bad (1/8 cup :mad: ) then I'd be surprised if the engine started.

G

green meenie

Yes two-stroke, it's self-propelled (rear wheel drive).

1982-4502

1982-4502

Two cycle for ever.002.jpg

Teds

Teds

Greetings fellow LawnBoy nutcase... er, enthusiasts. I hope I found the right place. I refurbished a 7265 from top to bottom, we had one growing up. Mom bought dad this model for Fathers day as I recall, they had bought a new house and she said dad deserved a new mower to go along with it, instead of the lesser models then in use. My dad used to say "I've got three lawnmowers, and none of them will start." He was referring to us boys actually.

Anyway over the years I found these models to have a good quality cut and very light to maneuver. I replaced all the usual suspects, rings, crankshaft seals and needle bearings, reeds, and ditched the utility carb for an older metal carb. New wheels makes it roll nice, and should make for a better looking lawn.image.jpg

2smoked

2smoked

Greetings fellow LawnBoy nutcase... er, enthusiasts. I hope I found the right place. I refurbished a 7265 from top to bottom, we had one growing up. Mom bought dad this model for Fathers day as I recall, they had bought a new house and she said dad deserved a new mower to go along with it, instead of the lesser models then in use. My dad used to say "I've got three lawnmowers, and none of them will start." He was referring to us boys actually.

Anyway over the years I found these models to have a good quality cut and very light to maneuver. I replaced all the usual suspects, rings, crankshaft seals and needle bearings, reeds, and ditched the utility carb for an older metal carb. New wheels makes it roll nice, and should make for a better looking lawn.View attachment 30837

Nice Lawn Boy & nice work.

Teds

Teds

Thanks, it looks a little rough compared to some, though mechanically it should be good to go since it has so many new parts. We'll see if the new lower crank seal holds up, it was leaking. Bought an extra needle bearing, from reading the hot fix is to bore out the bronze bushing and press in one of those. I did see an NOS 400 series long block on eBay, it was locked up but I bet the crankcase is OK. I think they use the same crankcase, but actual 600 crankcases are unobtanium. The cost would have been about the same as boring a bushing out maybe, it was listed at $40.

Mine now shows about 110 PSI compression after 4 or 5 pulls, starts cold with 1 pull. I'm ready for summer now... Thanks!

Stephen_12

Stephen_12

Hello everyone. i have a few lawnboys - I have had them my entire life since I mowed as a kid using a 1967 bricktop. I have 1 F Series Commercial, a 1963 bricktop, and a 1958 Model 5200 with the gold engine. IMG_4252.jpgIMG_4252.jpg

2smoked

2smoked

Hello Stephen. You sure have a nice mix of old Lawn Boys--a collection that anyone would be proud of. I hope you enjoy this forum.

L

Lawnboy77

Awesome Stephen, love the gold brick in the pics. It all looks like new. Could you post some more pics of the collection?

G

GeeBee

Gary from WI here, I have a Lawn Boy Gold Series model 10515, serial number 4901216.
It runs but the Muffler Plate F , part number 92-1054, is cracked all the way through. Anyone have a parts stash or know of a source where I could get this part without having to spend $60 ordering a new one?
If not does none know for sure if this part is aluminum or magnesium? If it's aluminum maybe I could get it welded?
Thanks!

J

jp1961

Hi Gary,

It's not magnesium, you should be able to get it welded.

Regards

Jeff

M

MforMatt

Hello to anyone still keeping an eye on this thread.

I’m Matt, a newbie from Washington State. I’ve had a few Lawnboys along the way in my life; a 1979 Mulch-R-Catch with an F engine, an S21SZN I believe was the model, an 8234 (self propelled capstan style), and then a 10552 I bought brand new right before they stopped being sold. After 6 months of California ethanol gas in the 10552, the carb was toast. Warranty wouldn’t cover it, and being in my mid 20’s I just gave up and got rid of them all. Now, 15 years later, I have found what is kind of a holy grail lawn boy for me; an intact, running (mostly) M21BMR. I have wanted one of these since they first came out back in 1990. I bought it from the original owner, and he took very good care of this machine. So I am blowing out the cobwebs in my brain and getting back into the 2 stroke world.

I said it’s mostly running because there seems to be a governor issue. When I start it, it screams, and if I try to slow it down to idle, it shuts off. I’m very nervous to tinker with the carb due to the oil pump linkage that also connects to the carb and gets calibrated with the governor. Anyone out there have any experience with these?

Hope to hear from some fellow members soon.

C

Capp

I have 2 Lawn Boys with Dura force 6.5 silver series that are self-propelled. 1999 models
I have a BX 2230 4x4 with a 60-inch mower deck and an FEL. 2005 model
Husqvarna self-propelled I just bought 2019 came with a Honda Engine, nice!

uncleknuckles

uncleknuckles

GREETINGS to all Lawn Boy mower owners! :thumbsup:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name :laughing:). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Lawn Boy owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Lawn Boy mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Lawn Boy stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

hi i guess i missed this step but hello!

Attachments

C

Capp

hi i guess i missed this step but hello!

I wish my two lawnmowers were in as good a shape as yours. Mine has been around for a while, they're both 20 years old. Parts are so hard to find, so they mark them up really high. I need a carburetor for both of mine. I just ordered a float and needle valve set off of Parts Tree, If this doesn't fix it I'll just have to junk them both. I had to go out and buy me a new one this spring, She is a Husqvarna 21 inch, pulls itself, with a honda engine. I'd rather have a new lawn boy like my first one, but they don't make them as they did back in the day. I've spent 60.00 on parts for my mowers, so if these parts I have coming don't do the trick I'm done. I'm not liking my Husqvarna all that much, it's a little too long for my needs, and I've got steep places to mow, and my lawn boys did the trick, but this Husqvarna just lacks what it takes to get up there.
I also have a BX2230 4x4 with a front end loader and 60 inch mower deck. I bought this in 2005 great machine.
Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. I'll try to get the pictures up as soon as I can.
Thanks
Mark:biggrin:

W

Wvbowhunter79

Joe and my mower is Barney (just made that up since it was a barn find) It’s a Lawnboy model 8070825D449C-1923-4DDA-B8FE-DC041C3E4094.jpg