Engine Kohler Courage PRO?? any good?

porkchop

Threads
Well they delivered my Husqvarna mz5225 last night. What a Machine!! The Kohler courage pro 25hp is a very nice engine. Smooth running and PLENTY of power! Time will tell if it will hold up. I'll keep you posted. Thanks everyone.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well they delivered my Husqvarna mz5225 last night. What a Machine!! The Kohler courage pro 25hp is a very nice engine. Smooth running and PLENTY of power! Time will tell if it will hold up. I'll keep you posted. Thanks everyone.

porkchop,

Congratulations!!!! Anytime you spend as much time and effort as you did researching before purchasing, your gut feeling is usually right. If you keep the maintenance up I think you will find that Husqvarna to be a good investment. We will look forward to some picks and performance reviews!!

porkchop

Threads
porkchop,

Congratulations!!!! Anytime you spend as much time and effort as you did researching before purchasing, your gut feeling is usually right. If you keep the maintenance up I think you will find that Husqvarna to be a good investment. We will look forward to some picks and performance reviews!!

Thanks Djdicetn! Yes I keep my mowers up by changing oil early and blowing leaves and grass off after every use. Changing oil is cheap when you think about it, so I do it a little sooner then recommended. I also keep clean and replace the air filters when they need to be. I also store my machines in the shed out of the elements at all times. Last but not least keep the gas fresh as possible.

LakeRat1

Threads
dj, in my opion You do A great Service to the Ones of us that are thinking of Buy some Piece of Equipment
that we don't know much about, I Like Your way of explaining the Plus & Negative on different things, I really
Like the Way You come across to the people that are needing Help, I read on here a Lot, Don't Post Much, Some time Back You & I Talked about ZTRs, I will buy this Fall I think, it will either be a Ex Mark Or a Gravely, I Like Both, only thing is the
Ex Mark Dealer is 15 Miles away & the Gravely Dealer is 30+ mile away, any way thanks for Your Service

LakeRat1

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
dj, in my opion You do A great Service to the Ones of us that are thinking of Buy some Piece of Equipment
that we don't know much about, I Like Your way of explaining the Plus & Negative on different things, I really
Like the Way You come across to the people that are needing Help, I read on here a Lot, Don't Post Much, Some time Back You & I Talked about ZTRs, I will buy this Fall I think, it will either be a Ex Mark Or a Gravely, I Like Both, only thing is the
Ex Mark Dealer is 15 Miles away & the Gravely Dealer is 30+ mile away, any way thanks for Your Service

LakeRat1

I appreciate the compliment!! I by no means am an "expert"(first time ZTR owner), but I am compelled to serve others and sincere in my effort to help any way that I can with anything I have learned thus far. And like most forums, the more threads I read the more I can tweak what I thought I knew with better information and combine that with more that I learn from others to refine any advice I may disseminate. Sometimes that is "almost" as good as someone who has 20 years background in something and is too set in their opinions. I kind of relate "experience" like the guy who had a dill pickle one time and after tasting it he swore he would tell everyone who asked to NEVER eat a pickle. Well....there are a lot of different "varieties" of dill pickles and pickles in general so how many people who listen to his advice may not ever take a chance with eating a pickle just to see if they may like it? Again, thanks for recognizing my genuine intent to help out and I hope I have in some way helped you look at your choices more clearly. In all honesty, if you don't buy a Gravely I will not feel any sense of "failure" because I know there are many, many other ZTR's just as good as mine and I am NOT here with the intent to "sell Gravely ZTR's". If I had not visited these forums several months before I purchased my ZTR I would have basically been blindly buying the first ZTR from a dealer with a good salesman. The users here have a wealth of knowledge and volunteer many hours to helping those like you & me get to the point of being "educated buyers". I, like you, am extremely grateful for the insight provided by the users of these forums!!

porkchop

Threads
Well I just hit the 51 hour mark! The engine has held up well. I just follow the maintenance schedule and it runs like a top! I know this thread is old but I wanted to give an update. I know my engine has been retired by kohler but maybe someone out there is considering a used mower with this engine. Take care all!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I just hit the 51 hour mark! The engine has held up well. I just follow the maintenance schedule and it runs like a top! I know this thread is old but I wanted to give an update. I know my engine has been retired by kohler but maybe someone out there is considering a used mower with this engine. Take care all!

Congrats !!! So glad to see your up-date..... I think it's great when someone replies back about an issue they've gotten solved , and the info. is helpful to ALL members ....... Best of luck and keep us informed . :thumbsup: Boobala