Just what you non tax payers have done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought it was a jelly donut.

I was running sound for a festival gig and they had an Elvis impersonator perform. Guy shows up late and throws me a CD with no writing on it. He can't remember what track numbers goes to what song. After he finally tells me the correct track I said over the PA "Thank you, thank you very much." After the gig he said that was unprofessional. I said so was showing up late and not knowing your $h!t. I don't think he likes me.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I thought it was a jelly donut.

I was running sound for a festival gig and they had an Elvis impersonator perform. Guy shows up late and throws me a CD with no writing on it. He can't remember what track numbers goes to what song. After he finally tells me the correct track I said over the PA "Thank you, thank you very much." After the gig he said that was unprofessional. I said so was showing up late and not knowing your $h!t. I don't think he likes me.
Then once you start collecting your social security, you will pay tax on it . You can’t win with taxes.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I fairly certain with no other income then the $1200 per month before medicare takes it chuck out will be below the minimum tax level. The reason I paying taxes now is the self employment taxes. And of course the collected sales taxes has to be forward to the state.

Really the less $5000 in annual business profits shouldn't be taxed either as it is currently my only income which I have reinvest most of it in the business for the following year. But even that will be disappearing soon as I switch to a none profit mode ie buying and selling at cost as I have been doing since September so there will be no profit to tax. I am not giving the IRS anymore taxes then they steal now. Basically for me in the last four years they collected taxes and when they owe me they refuse to pay.

The above is the reason I have no medical insurance and if wasn't for Snap I would be starving to death.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Then once you start collecting your social security, you will pay tax on it . You can’t win with taxes.
I am 66 I won't be drawing SSI till 67 1/2 and Ohio doesn't tax SS benefits. I guess I will get back some of what I have been paying into since 1971.

Read an interesting article on the internet (must be true) that we boomers are to blame for all the millenials and gen Zs problems. We have "stolen" their futures by how we vote and by hoarding our wealth. It is the boomers fault that job prospects after college are poor because boomers don't respect them. Article written by a 20 something. I guess I am a bad person for working my ass off for 50 years and saving money.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am 66 I won't be drawing SSI till 67 1/2 and Ohio doesn't tax SS benefits. I guess I will get back some of what I have been paying into since 1971.

Read an interesting article on the internet (must be true) that we boomers are to blame for all the millenials and gen Zs problems. We have "stolen" their futures by how we vote and by hoarding our wealth. It is the boomers fault that job prospects after college are poor because boomers don't respect them. Article written by a 20 something. I guess I am a bad person for working my ass off for 50 years and saving money.
I reckon they have to blame someone for their laziest. So I on the same sinking ship

Personally I didn't get out of High School until '79 but I was already working before then too. They got to work just as hard as we do and use what few brain cells they have left to manage what they get. But it help a lot if they stay off the darn smart phones and do their jobs. We have gotten to why you plug yourself and download all the knowledge we need to do things. We still do it the old fashion way; learn it.

RolandW

Threads

Americans failed to pay record $688 billion in taxes in 2021, IRS says. Look for more audits.​

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tax-irs-says-unpaid-tax-gap-at-record-688-billion/

I just wonder how much the IRS has fail to pay in refunds. I know they owe me nearly $3000 over the last 4 yrs and they are refusing to straighten out my account so I joining the group of not paying my taxes next filing period. Even the IRS Tax Advocacy is refusing to return my phone calls now.
It wouldn't be so bad if politicians taxed you and then took the money to Vegas and blew it all on gambling, drinking and hookers. But instead they take your money and then use it to make your life worse.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah. I started at 14 working in a bowling alley 6 days a week and getting home around 11:30 at night four nights a week. Worked construction jobs during the summer's. Can't get some people to work an easy job in air conditioning. I am confused by how many young people want to work from home for a non-profit. Seems to be the in thing right now.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I reckon they have to blame someone for their laziest. So I on the same sinking ship

Personally I didn't get out of High School until '79 but I was already working before then too. They got to work just as hard as we do and use what few brain cells they have left to manage what they get. But it help a lot if they stay off the darn smart phones and do their jobs. We have gotten to why you plug yourself and download all the knowledge we need to do things. We still do it the old fashion way; learn it.

You'd be surprised at how many 20, 30 and 40 yr olds who are still mooching off their parents.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Supported myself all through high school then at uni
Worked a full 40 hour night shift then lectures all day
Must have had over 60 full time jobs ( night shifts are usually temporary ) before I entered the workforce full time
My college fees totaled around $ 38,000 and the year I graduated a brand new freshly minted metallurgist got a whopping salary of $ 8,000 .
Now I hear all of the whining oxygen theives bitching because they have to pay back some of the course fees so they are "burdened " with a $ 20,000 to $ 40,000 debt against their $ 50,000 to $ 90,000 incomes .
And what really pisses me off none of them think twice about buying a $ 50,000 car that they know will only last 5 to 10 years but think their education loans should be written off .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
At least you have a good paying job. I once had a good paying job then the corporate downsizing came along and I got laid off. It was impossible to find a replacement as I had too much training and knowledge to be trusted. I spent ten years doing scrape metals until the late 80's when every Tom, Dick and Harry decide it was for them too. Guys were getting into fist fights over small pieces of scrape metal so I quit it and then took up working on lawn equipment. I have put all my knowledge work for myself instead the corporate greed guys. It is honest work and I don't have to lie as part of my job.

I never went to college and only have two of high school trade school training but I definitely have self taught myself a heck of a lot over the years and am still teaching myself everyday new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.