Export thread

Just what you non tax payers have done now.

StarTech

StarTech

Americans failed to pay record $688 billion in taxes in 2021, IRS says. Look for more audits.​

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tax-irs-says-unpaid-tax-gap-at-record-688-billion/

I just wonder how much the IRS has fail to pay in refunds. I know they owe me nearly $3000 over the last 4 yrs and they are refusing to straighten out my account so I joining the group of not paying my taxes next filing period. Even the IRS Tax Advocacy is refusing to return my phone calls now.

R

Rivets

You do know that Don Quixote is a mythical character?

StarTech

StarTech

Don't all the extremist believe he is real just like Elvis is alive and living large or that John Kennedy is still alive?

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Elvis is in witness protection in Mena Arkansas
Between the property tax, income tax, capital gains tax,school tax and sales tax they sure get their pound of flesh from me.

B

bertsmobile1

If we want to live is a society then taxes are a necessary evil
Getting every one to pay them is a different matter
And you forgot death duties but I suppose they won't get them out of you.
If everyone paid their taxes then the amount we all pay will be smaller
I have always believed that progressive taxation is stupid as it just encourages fraud
For companies again, profit tax just gets big bonuses for evil accountants .
Turn over tax is the only one big business can not avoid
Then there is Tobin tax ( on Fx transactions ) the proposed tax of 0.01% on all currency exchanges would end third world poverty in under 10 years
But apparently a tax of 1¢ per $ 100 is more than Wall St can afford

StarTech

StarTech

Well that is the problem here. Getting everyone to pay their fair share would be nice as the overall tax rates can be lowered. But like local bigshot here that does things under the table and he even got in on it as he is paying income taxes on them either. But they will regret it later as it does affect the amount of social security monthly they will received later.

Personally I am at my retirement age so I be now drawing my little monthly SS payments in the next few months and don't have depend on the repair business to keep ends nearly meeting. Plus I will medical insurance finally after 20 yrs of not having any.

B

bertsmobile1

And people wonder why I say Australia is the best place on the planet to live
Average income tax ≈ 30% GST 10% land tax ( goes to local government ) ≈ 0.005 % of property value Can not remember what land sales tax is but no death duties and the local conservaties are always bitching the taxes are too high .
Free medical to all
My opp was $ 45,000 if done in a private hospital

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Americans failed to pay record $688 billion in taxes in 2021, IRS says. Look for more audits.​

I see this as a good thing. That's $688 billion they can't waste on retarded stuff.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Elvis is in witness protection in Mena Arkansas
Between the property tax, income tax, capital gains tax,school tax and sales tax they sure get their pound of flesh from me.

I'm starting to wonder about Elvis. He hasn't been seen in a few years.

StarTech

StarTech

You mean that wasn't him sneaking out your backdoor last night with that peanut butter sandwich.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I thought it was a jelly donut.

I was running sound for a festival gig and they had an Elvis impersonator perform. Guy shows up late and throws me a CD with no writing on it. He can't remember what track numbers goes to what song. After he finally tells me the correct track I said over the PA "Thank you, thank you very much." After the gig he said that was unprofessional. I said so was showing up late and not knowing your $h!t. I don't think he likes me.

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

I was running sound for a festival gig and they had an Elvis impersonator perform. Guy shows up late and throws me a CD with no writing on it. He can't remember what track numbers goes to what song. After he finally tells me the correct track I said over the PA "Thank you, thank you very much." After the gig he said that was unprofessional. I said so was showing up late and not knowing your $h!t. I don't think he likes me.
Then once you start collecting your social security, you will pay tax on it . You can’t win with taxes.

StarTech

StarTech

I fairly certain with no other income then the $1200 per month before medicare takes it chuck out will be below the minimum tax level. The reason I paying taxes now is the self employment taxes. And of course the collected sales taxes has to be forward to the state.

Really the less $5000 in annual business profits shouldn't be taxed either as it is currently my only income which I have reinvest most of it in the business for the following year. But even that will be disappearing soon as I switch to a none profit mode ie buying and selling at cost as I have been doing since September so there will be no profit to tax. I am not giving the IRS anymore taxes then they steal now. Basically for me in the last four years they collected taxes and when they owe me they refuse to pay.

The above is the reason I have no medical insurance and if wasn't for Snap I would be starving to death.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Then once you start collecting your social security, you will pay tax on it . You can’t win with taxes.
I am 66 I won't be drawing SSI till 67 1/2 and Ohio doesn't tax SS benefits. I guess I will get back some of what I have been paying into since 1971.

Read an interesting article on the internet (must be true) that we boomers are to blame for all the millenials and gen Zs problems. We have "stolen" their futures by how we vote and by hoarding our wealth. It is the boomers fault that job prospects after college are poor because boomers don't respect them. Article written by a 20 something. I guess I am a bad person for working my ass off for 50 years and saving money.

StarTech

StarTech

I am 66 I won't be drawing SSI till 67 1/2 and Ohio doesn't tax SS benefits. I guess I will get back some of what I have been paying into since 1971.

Read an interesting article on the internet (must be true) that we boomers are to blame for all the millenials and gen Zs problems. We have "stolen" their futures by how we vote and by hoarding our wealth. It is the boomers fault that job prospects after college are poor because boomers don't respect them. Article written by a 20 something. I guess I am a bad person for working my ass off for 50 years and saving money.
I reckon they have to blame someone for their laziest. So I on the same sinking ship

Personally I didn't get out of High School until '79 but I was already working before then too. They got to work just as hard as we do and use what few brain cells they have left to manage what they get. But it help a lot if they stay off the darn smart phones and do their jobs. We have gotten to why you plug yourself and download all the knowledge we need to do things. We still do it the old fashion way; learn it.

R

RolandW

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tax-irs-says-unpaid-tax-gap-at-record-688-billion/

I just wonder how much the IRS has fail to pay in refunds. I know they owe me nearly $3000 over the last 4 yrs and they are refusing to straighten out my account so I joining the group of not paying my taxes next filing period. Even the IRS Tax Advocacy is refusing to return my phone calls now.
It wouldn't be so bad if politicians taxed you and then took the money to Vegas and blew it all on gambling, drinking and hookers. But instead they take your money and then use it to make your life worse.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Yeah. I started at 14 working in a bowling alley 6 days a week and getting home around 11:30 at night four nights a week. Worked construction jobs during the summer's. Can't get some people to work an easy job in air conditioning. I am confused by how many young people want to work from home for a non-profit. Seems to be the in thing right now.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I reckon they have to blame someone for their laziest. So I on the same sinking ship

Personally I didn't get out of High School until '79 but I was already working before then too. They got to work just as hard as we do and use what few brain cells they have left to manage what they get. But it help a lot if they stay off the darn smart phones and do their jobs. We have gotten to why you plug yourself and download all the knowledge we need to do things. We still do it the old fashion way; learn it.

You'd be surprised at how many 20, 30 and 40 yr olds who are still mooching off their parents.

B

bertsmobile1

Supported myself all through high school then at uni
Worked a full 40 hour night shift then lectures all day
Must have had over 60 full time jobs ( night shifts are usually temporary ) before I entered the workforce full time
My college fees totaled around $ 38,000 and the year I graduated a brand new freshly minted metallurgist got a whopping salary of $ 8,000 .
Now I hear all of the whining oxygen theives bitching because they have to pay back some of the course fees so they are "burdened " with a $ 20,000 to $ 40,000 debt against their $ 50,000 to $ 90,000 incomes .
And what really pisses me off none of them think twice about buying a $ 50,000 car that they know will only last 5 to 10 years but think their education loans should be written off .

StarTech

StarTech

At least you have a good paying job. I once had a good paying job then the corporate downsizing came along and I got laid off. It was impossible to find a replacement as I had too much training and knowledge to be trusted. I spent ten years doing scrape metals until the late 80's when every Tom, Dick and Harry decide it was for them too. Guys were getting into fist fights over small pieces of scrape metal so I quit it and then took up working on lawn equipment. I have put all my knowledge work for myself instead the corporate greed guys. It is honest work and I don't have to lie as part of my job.

I never went to college and only have two of high school trade school training but I definitely have self taught myself a heck of a lot over the years and am still teaching myself everyday new things.

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

At least you have a good paying job. I once had a good paying job then the corporate downsizing came along and I got laid off. It was impossible to find a replacement as I had too much training and knowledge to be trusted. I spent ten years doing scrape metals until the late 80's when every Tom, Dick and Harry decide it was for them too. Guys were getting into fist fights over small pieces of scrape metal so I quit it and then took up working on lawn equipment. I have put all my knowledge work for myself instead the corporate greed guys. It is honest work and I don't have to lie as part of my job.

I never went to college and only have two of high school trade school training but I definitely have self taught myself a heck of a lot over the years and am still teaching myself everyday new things.
When the “hustle” isn’t there for work and the sense of urgency to pay bills, etc. fades away, you are left with what we are often seeing these days.
It is difficult to instill motivation, thirst for learning, and interest in being challenged into a person.
The irony is the internet has all the information ,after you sort through all the garbage, to learn how to do most things. The problem is that it requires patience, determination, and a learning curve. Many people want things now, and easy. The upside is there will always be plenty of work for productive people, especially as we become fewer vs the lazy and uninspired.

StarTech

StarTech

The professionalism in my line of work is one of the things that keeping me in business as I have to straighten out a lot of the internet inspired screw-ups. But I do get quite frustrated at it.

I have gotten to where I charge double when someones tries working on their equipment and royally screw it up. Even then I got to cut the bill at times just to make it more reasonable. It like the L120 that I spent 6 hrs on straightening out all the hacks just to get bitched at for charging $750 for repairing the deck, replacing a voltage regulator that I was told was bad, rebuilding the carburetor which had too small of jets in it, and replacing a cylinder head. Still the bill should had been over $1000. All didn't even bother to tell me that they were having PTO clutch problems. Now it back for a new PTO clutch. It one those intermittent short outs, I only engage the deck to check the deck operation.

But your right there are few of us professionals now and getting less every day. The current bunch of hacks are going to depend on an AI to tell them what to do and don't think for themselves. Personally I learned that I can't depend on others for correct info or help.

B

bertsmobile1

Yes
Trouble is companies are at the mercy of the share holders
Shareholders now days are just about all investment managers so they demand a bigger & bigger dividend each & every year till they suck that business dry and move on to the next .
Lieing is some thing have never done
When we had the courier business the customer appreciated that I was not always "Stuck on the Sydney harbour bridge" and would give them honest delivery times or suggest alternatives if that was not good for them

We tripled our turn over every year for the 20 years we were in business .
I give my customers honest answers here as well from "It will cost more than it is worth to fix , or I can fix it now but all these other things are on their way out .
Because of one thing or another I now have a 2 year back log as I have not been well enough to do much for a while and am amazed at just how many customers will put off things rather than take them to the nearest workshop .

As for not wanting to work
Right now Train Drivers are pulling $ 90,000 +
A graduate son of a customer has not worked for 5 years since leaving college and cries that he can not find work
So I showed him the add and got "I did not do 3 years of study to drive a f,,,,ing train "
Every one expects there to be a highly paid job in their field waiting for them the day they leave college but life does not work that way
And when one does come up it will go to the kid who has been driving trains for 5 years because the employer knows he is not afraid to do work .

StarTech

StarTech

Sometimes going to college is a waste of time and money. I can run rings around most the book learned college kids most days

It must be nice to have so much extra money that some consider spending $750 on a repair to much but are willing to spend $4000 on a new mower, mainly because they can get it on credit.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I ain't got no college edumacashun but probably 90% of the people I know do. A lot of them pay me money to fix their stuff. I know quite a few people with masters degrees working in retail or another low paying job. For 30+ years my wife and I lived below our means and saved money and I retired debt free at 61. Being educated and smart are two different things.

StarTech

StarTech

Right...You got put to good use what you have to work with. Just because some don't have families with the means don't mean we are stupid. Some are so far in debt they probably still be paying their college education when they drawing their SS.

So what I know is different than others. I don't use it to impress but to help others.

My mother only has a six grade education but she could do things that most couldn't do. I learned a lot my financial ability from her.

As you said just because the person is highly educated does not mean they are able do a lot. My given skill set just won't let me learn how to play music which I dearly love to do but I can figure out and repair about anything made. We all have a skill set that we are born with and should use it but also appreciate others that have different skill sets.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

1697983365621.png

peanut butter sandwich.
Peanut butter & banana........

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

I guess a big piece of that non-payment is from all those taxpayers who misstated their property values and the size of their condos.

StarTech

StarTech

Boy I wish made several million and only pay $750 in taxes. Last year I only made $6077 and paid $859 in taxes and that because have to pay taxes on all their profits and individuals get a tax break.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Boy I wish made several million and only pay $750 in taxes. Last year I only made $6077 and paid $859 in taxes and that because have to pay taxes on all their profits and individuals get a tax break.

You only made $6077? Or that's all you claimed to have made? 😁

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

You made money? My mower shop doesn't. My expenses always exceed my income. <wink wink>

StarTech

StarTech

You only made $6077? Or that's all you claimed to have made? 😁
That was it...No cheating. Why do you think I am on Snap benefits. And with thing is going this I am losing it right now. Vehicle repairs and insurance is taking a large toll the the bottom line.

This is why when I start drawing my SS I will feel rich.

B

bertsmobile1

Like lot of others to make a reasonable living I would need to be raising a sweat all day long
The mower shops all want me to work for them but they expect around 5 full services a day + pre deliveries then wonder why they can not keep employee techs

StarTech

StarTech

Like lot of others to make a reasonable living I would need to be raising a sweat all day long
The mower shops all want me to work for them but they expect around 5 full services a day + pre deliveries then wonder why they can not keep employee techs
Kinda hard to do when there is so much patch work had been over the years to so mowers. Sometimes it takes all day to just one mower fully repaired.

It sorta like the JD L120 that came into to shop with reported problems RR going flat, voltage reg bad, and throwing deck belt. Well fixed the flat and replaced the voltage reg. Then when came to the deck I had replace the rigged up idler arm assembly. And while I was under the mower I saw the drive belt ready to break and the hydro fan only had three blades of the 10 left. Okay got those things done and put the deck back on. Then when started the engine it would only run on full choke so off came the carb which I found was jetted wrong. After got repaired I was going the rocker cover oil leak. Well that went the tracks quickly as the push rods were bent and broken with part of one one in the crankcase. Of course the engine has to come off to get the broken push out. Then I found the exhaust valve guide way out place so a new had to go on which on top of thing the same head had a blown gasket. And the customer bitched because I charge $750 to do the repairs even after wrote at least 4 hours of labor off.

What was worst the customer pickup the mower and brought it back within two hours and said I didn't fix the problem they brought it in for which the PTO shutting down which they did not report. As I said it became an all day job time wise. I just put a new electric clutch and PTO switch on it yesterday because clutch was shorting during operation mowing grass in a bumpy yard.

But it would be nice if I could knock out five repairs per day but that doesn't happen very often when you got DIYers out there rigging everything up.

B

bertsmobile1

IF I raise a sweat and have all of the parts in stock I have done 2 full services a day but they were long hard days
Generally I allow a week because I always fond some thing I do not have in stocck or the service ends up beig a major repair
Run of the mill is 2 days because there is always some one at the gate at the wrong time to disturb me with a 3 hr (5 minute) rush job .

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

because there is always some one at the gate at the wrong time to disturb me with a 3 hr (5 minute) rush job .
LOL 🤣 I didn't know you had the same customers.

StarTech

StarTech

Or about those that like to show 2AM and demand you to fix their mower right away. The last one got a little too pushy and left at the end of a barrel pointed his way.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Or about those that like to show 2AM and demand you to fix their mower right away. The last one got a little too pushy and left at the end of a barrel pointed his way.

Those folks probably have a crack pipe in their pocket.

StarTech

StarTech

I don't about that but one dropped a bottle Jack Daniels.:sneaky:

KM Richards

KM Richards

Don't all the extremist believe he is real just like Elvis is alive and living large or that John Kennedy is still alive?

Don't forget Jim Morrison and Buddy Holly.... they still kick too ya know! thumbsup8.gif

KM Richards

KM Richards

Those folks probably have a crack pipe in their pocket.

Yeah, like they need to mow someone's yard real quick to earn a little crack money!.laughing3.gif

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Yeah, like they need to mow someone's yard real quick to earn a little crack money!.View attachment 67117

Or they stole it, but can't sell it because it don't run.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I guess I don't live in the same kind of neighborhood you guys do. LOL

KM Richards

KM Richards

Yeah man, things are tough all over under bidenomics ya know!

A fella's gotta lie, cheat, and steal just to get ahead these days... and the gubment sure hates the competition when the little people want their 10% just like the big guy gets! whatever.gif

StarTech

StarTech

And don't forget the churches. One local church demand that their flock pay them a third of their income weekly. Many left but I don't have a clue as to why.

B

bertsmobile1

Yeah man, things are tough all over under bidenomics ya know!

A fella's gotta lie, cheat, and steal just to get ahead these days... and the gubment sure hates the competition when the little people want their 10% just like the big guy gets! View attachment 67121
Without trying to get political
What you are seeing is the net effect of Reganonomics and a very corrupt election system that eats up tens of millions every 2 years and billions every 4 years .
That money comes from the top end of town so each administration has to pass laws that repay the top end of town regardles ow what colour underpants they wear .
IF and when the USA gets an independent authority to oversee the electorial roll & the eletions themselves then you have taken the first baby steps to democracy
Compulsory voting is the next step but the mind set of the US population is compulsory anything is akin to communism .

StarTech

StarTech

Just had a new neighbor try push his political beliefs on to me at our very first meeting. I don't discuss politics or religion for a very good reason. It causes too much bad between what would be good friends. In this case he was very pushy so I just walked away.

But Bert you are right there is just much money involved to have honest elections any more. And voting is a citizen duty to do or at least I have the right to complain when a JackA gets in and believe me there a heck of a lot of them in office right now. When a person doesn't vote they have no right to complain.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

And don't forget the churches. One local church demand that their flock pay them a third of their income weekly. Many left but I don't have a clue as to why.
1/3rd? They're getting greedy. It used to be 10%.

StarTech

StarTech

1/3rd? They're getting greedy. It used to be 10%.
Why do you think 2/3 of flock left? Then the church nearly lost the new building because they couldn't make the mortgage payments. They got lucky that someone came to their rescue.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Why do you think 2/3 of flock left? Then the church nearly lost the new building because they couldn't make the mortgage payments. They got lucky that someone came to their rescue.

Is this that same church where that rich woman went to jail. I can't remember her name but she was a real con artist outside of Nashville.
1698632294248.png

KM Richards

KM Richards

What you are seeing is the net effect of Reganonomics

At least back then we achieved something... like the soviets going broke and our military so built up nobody dared think about messing with us or our allies... and it setup the financial boom of the 90s.

Yeah, it's sad that most people are such cry babies that they get all mad if others disagree with their politics and/or religion. crazy.gif

Is this that same church where that rich woman went to jail. I can't remember her name but she was a real con artist outside of Nashville.

Easy fix for that... just refrain from attending that church or allowing thoughts about them to enter your mind, and you'll be all set! walking_away.gif

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

At least back then we achieved something... like the soviets going broke and our military so built up nobody dared think about messing with us or our allies... and it setup the financial boom of the 90s.
All it took was increasing the debt ceiling 17 times. 1 tax decrease and 4 tax increases. (all within Reagans term)

StarTech

StarTech

And all the Republicans wants to do is to cut off their noses to sprite their faces. If the IRS improves and collects of owed taxes are collected and the refunds are paid then the government would not be so in debit. Then we can consider cutting the tax rates for everyone. It is the tax cheats that causing the financial problems.

It like most of us in business when don't get paid what is owed we lose operating capital as we had still spent the money getting the parts. Firing our collection officer just makes getting paid even harder so we go further in debit due to expenses and uncollected payments.

It just like one company here that is taking payment under the table, working employees but not paying employment taxes, not collecting sales tax on cash sales, and pocketing the unreported cash sales. They are building up fast because of the cheating the system. Yet they claim to highly Christian owners with crosses on their buildings. Not in my view. On top those employees are also hurting themselves in the long run as it reduces their SS payments when it comes time to collect it.

And btw I do take non-payers to small claims court and collect what is owed along with court costs. They also get barred from my place. They can drive another 30 miles one way to the next good shop.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

View attachment 67170
that lady is a goof ball. Con artist is correct

StarTech

StarTech

Just normal fleecing of the flock comes to mind.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

that lady is a goof ball. Con artist is correct

She was. She's dead now (I just read about it) But yeah, she was a filthy rich preacher with a weight loss scheme. There's a movie about what she did. (or a documentary) It's been some years since I watched it though.

The last time I went to church, our preacher, his wife, the two deacons and their wives, got into bit of trouble with the church. The church had been raising money for a mission to Africa. Well, one of the deacons wives was posting pics to her FB, using the "only me" selection, so no one could see. By mistake, she posted two of those pics under global. Turns out, they were using the mission money for a trip to Hawaii.
Needless to say, before the day was out, they were no longer members of the church.
That was it for me. I knew the tv preacher were crooks. But I didn't think small town preachers were.

T

troverman

And all the Republicans wants to do is to cut off their noses to sprite their faces. If the IRS improves and collects of owed taxes are collected and the refunds are paid then the government would not be so in debit. Then we can consider cutting the tax rates for everyone. It is the tax cheats that causing the financial problems.

It like most of us in business when don't get paid what is owed we lose operating capital as we had still spent the money getting the parts. Firing our collection officer just makes getting paid even harder so we go further in debit due to expenses and uncollected payments.

It just like one company here that is taking payment under the table, working employees but not paying employment taxes, not collecting sales tax on cash sales, and pocketing the unreported cash sales. They are building up fast because of the cheating the system. Yet they claim to highly Christian owners with crosses on their buildings. Not in my view. On top those employees are also hurting themselves in the long run as it reduces their SS payments when it comes time to collect it.

And btw I do take non-payers to small claims court and collect what is owed along with court costs. They also get barred from my place. They can drive another 30 miles one way to the next good shop.

I think most Republicans would agree that everyone should be required to pay their legally owed taxes. What is worrisome is that the IRS will become (or already is) "weaponized" like the current DOJ, FBI, etc...to target political enemies of the current administration. They worry that while major corporations that support liberal politicians and organizations will escape tax scrutiny for the most part, small conservative business owners will become the target. They don't feel they should be hassled while the major corps with all their CPAs and lawyers skirt paying millions. And even ultimately if the small-time conservative is paying an honest tax, he/she will still be subject to the stress and time of an IRS audit.

StarTech

StarTech

Well the last time the IRS audited me they ended up owing me money. But if half the tax cheats paid their fair amount taxes instead doing a lot money under the table per say then we would not be in the mess financially that this country is in and everybody would be paying lower taxes. The current tax rates do try to take in account those tax cheats by making honest tax payers pay more.

But to be honest here I not going to pay my taxes next year...then maybe they get off their backsides and get my account straighten out. If they just sending out letters as they have been the last 3+ years they will just keep getting them returned as I have for the last two years.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I think most Republicans would agree that everyone should be required to pay their legally owed taxes. What is worrisome is that the IRS will become (or already is) "weaponized" like the current DOJ, FBI, etc...to target political enemies of the current administration. They worry that while major corporations that support liberal politicians and organizations will escape tax scrutiny for the most part, small conservative business owners will become the target. They don't feel they should be hassled while the major corps with all their CPAs and lawyers skirt paying millions. And even ultimately if the small-time conservative is paying an honest tax, he/she will still be subject to the stress and time of an IRS audit.

You're actually trying to put the left and the right in two different boxes? LOLOLOL

Left wing, right wing. It takes two wings to fly.

Clue: Lobbyist don't care what party a politician belongs too. Neither does the IRS. In fact, neither do most of the politicians themselves. They just pretend to.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Well the last time the IRS audited me they ended up owing me money. But if half the tax cheats paid their fair amount taxes instead doing a lot money under the table per say then we would not be in the mess financially that this country is in and everybody would be paying lower taxes. The current tax rates do try to take in account those tax cheats by making honest tax payers pay more.

But to be honest here I not going to pay my taxes next year...then maybe they get off their backsides and get my account straighten out. If they just sending out letters as they have been the last 3+ years they will just keep getting them returned as I have for the last two years.

There's no such thing as a "fair amount of taxes," when the government is funding gender studies in Pakistan & Afghanistan Or some parade in Progue. Or some political opposition candidate in Hungary. They fund so much stupid crap, that it would actually be patriotic if everyone just stopped paying taxes for a year, and demand they stop sending money out of the country.
So to heck with them at their tax revenue. I'm not paying them to build a hydro damn in Afghanistan when we got roads and bridges here that need repairs.

StarTech

StarTech

This I can agree with in part as we do need to take care of our country first (people and infrastructure) and then help others if anything is left over. Just look all the nice things those those had before the idiots started destroying everything and expecting us to rebuild it so they destroy it again.

And yes it takes a least two wings to fly but right now it also requires both flapping at same time. Right now they can't even flap one wing. But getting them to agree on anything is like getting everyone at the family dinner to agree on what to eat, everybody wants something different. Even my chickens get along better than the human family.

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

This I can agree with in part as we do need to take care of our country first (people and infrastructure) and then help others if anything is left over. Just look all the nice things those those had before the idiots started destroying everything and expecting us to rebuild it so they destroy it again.

And yes it takes a least two wings to fly but right now it also requires both flapping at same time. Right now they can't even flap one wing. But getting them to agree on anything is like getting everyone at the family dinner to agree on what to eat, everybody wants something different. Even my chickens get along better than the human family.
The planet and the resources it provides is not infinite. We seem to forget that with 7.5 billion people we are going to eventually run out of resources and places to put people. We should take care of America first. We are often stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime by helping other countries and not addressing the numerous issues we have.

StarTech

StarTech

Every day I see more and more good farm turned to developments. Here two year a 1100 acre farm was turned into a solar farm. And of the farmland being for housing is multi family. (apartments and condos)

One person said to me we better learn to be termites but even that would work with all the steel and concrete used. There is already more humans than the planet can support easily. What is countries like Russia destroying Ukraine farmland just to take it for themselves which will be nearly useless for decades because of unexploded ordnance that injury and kill even the new farmers.

We got to have some population control. Just at places like Hong Kong, New York City, and the Gaza Strip where there so many people there no way for them to feed themselves, it all has to be imported. Personally I haven't added to problem as when I was a young I decided on not having any kids.

Either we control our population or learn to eat each other like in some of the movies I have seen. Or we be on a planet like one depicted on Star Trek where they had only standing room.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Well I guess a cross between Logan's Run and Soylent Green should fix the problem.

StarTech

StarTech

Thinking along the same lines as it appears to be direction we are heading. Along with Terminator robots as AI is now taking root. Already heard one case where a lawyer used to write his client's defense speech. And it didn't go well for the client

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

They agree on what their lobbyist tell them to agree on. Period. End of story. Regardless of what they only "say" on TV and to reporters, when it comes to things their lobbyist demand, they will agree on, and it usually won't account for a recorded vote.
Did you know that to be on a House or Senate committee, the person who gets that committee seat has to pay about $1.5 million per year? Guess who pays for that seat up front? 9 times out of 10, it's a lobbyist. Of course the "paperwork" will say the politician is to raise money and pay the lobbyist back. But you know, if the politician votes as he's told to, he doesn't have to pay it all back. The money he/she raises can go to the political party's instead.
Committee's are code for "lobbyist approval." This is why so many good bills die in committee.

Also, starting with Boehner, then sent into hyperdrive by Pelosi & Ryan, even amendments have to be approved in committee before they get an vote on the House or Senate floor. LMAO.. So when I heard Pelosi, Ryan or McCarthy crying about someone stealing our democracy, I can only smh.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Every day I see more and more good farm turned to developments. Here two year a 1100 acre farm was turned into a solar farm. And of the farmland being for housing is multi family. (apartments and condos)

One person said to me we better learn to be termites but even that would work with all the steel and concrete used. There is already more humans than the planet can support easily. What is countries like Russia destroying Ukraine farmland just to take it for themselves which will be nearly useless for decades because of unexploded ordnance that injury and kill even the new farmers.

We got to have some population control. Just at places like Hong Kong, New York City, and the Gaza Strip where there so many people there no way for them to feed themselves, it all has to be imported. Personally I haven't added to problem as when I was a young I decided on not having any kids.

Either we control our population or learn to eat each other like in some of the movies I have seen. Or we be on a planet like one depicted on Star Trek where they had only standing room.

We got plenty of farm land to support this country, still. In fact, there's a ton of farmers the government pays to not farm.

Population control? Yeah na. That's giving the government waaaaaaay to much authority over our private lives. What are they going to do, put the parent in jail for having too many babies? Castrate a father of too many kids? Forced hysterectomies?

They tried this in China. But remember, China is a communist country. We don't want to go down that road any further than we already are.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

The planet and the resources it provides is not infinite. We seem to forget that with 7.5 trillion people we are going to eventually run out of resources and places to put people. We should take care of America first. We are often stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime by helping other countries and not addressing the numerous issues we have.

It would seem that we have to help out every other country in the world. But I don't see any of them helping us. We have a fentanyl problem & homeless problem. But I don't see Israel or the UK (who are two very rich allies) sending us money to help deal with it.
We just keep borrowing more and more, and that reduces the value of our own currency. So it exacerbates our monetary problems even worse. Because it then costs more to fight the drug runners and help the homeless.

StarTech

StarTech

I just wish our public servants actually worked for us.
We got plenty of farm land to support this country, still. In fact, there's a ton of farmers the government pays to not farm.

Population control? Yeah na. That's giving the government waaaaaaay to much authority over our private lives. What are they going to do, put the parent in jail for having too many babies? Castrate a father of too many kids? Forced hysterectomies?

They tried this in China. But remember, China is a communist country. We don't want to go down that road any further than we already are.
Yes did until the population growth started going negative cutting their money resources. In Japan they are do have a major problem as there are more seniors than young people paying taxes.

But of in this they are just going cut the seniors SS checks and other benefits because they won't repay all the money they extracted from the fund pool over the years for other pet projects.

And as for farms some those are now becoming unfarmable due climate change. Just read an article this week where LA farmers had lost most their cotton, corn, and soybeans crop due to the drought in the area. BTW here in TN where I am I have seen rain in over two months but farmers are glad as they are in the middle harvesting their cotton and corn crops. Just don't the rain while the harvest is going on but I have full grown trees dying from the lack of rain fall. ANd many of them didn't even leaves left for the Fall colors this year. Just came a hard freeze. So the shrubs instead going the color change just dried green leaves now. Was 25F the other morning and it will in the 80's tomorrow. Yo-yo weather is here again. Wild temp swings.

The problem is so bad that everytime I go the doctor they want run a drug test on me. Hmmm maybe it is because I not asking for any drugs. They have too many side effects for me. Well I see how the last drug test turn out on the 14th. I can see the doctor pushing a bunch pills at me.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Look on the bright side. The Russian ruble is collapsing and the state bank is doing ridiculous things to prop up the ruble that will collapse the russian economy even more and the 2 biggest real estate developers in china. Evergrande and Country Garden are both in default causing runs on the banks and over 10,000 foreign companies leaving china and destroying the bottomless piggy bank which will probably collapse the Chinese economy. So once china and russia put the global economy into free fall for a year or so things will be great. Yeah, right.

StarTech

StarTech

Mentioning banking we should very proud of our high interest rate considering just how they have it over there. Ours is less half the 13% they are charging over there.

The way it been going here on getting parts if it keeps going the way it is I will very if I can get any parts that I need if I don't have in stock already.

So my days here are numbered now...Once I am gone I won't have to worry about Earthy things or thugs.

But right now I got a Kawasaki engine on a Z830A driving me nuts. First had a starter that would not work when the engine was hot. Now it backfiring out of the carb on start up and after firing on shutdown. Leaning to a sticking valve or failing ignition coils. Just wait for it to cool down so I can get the rockers to check the valves. 2000+hrs on hte engine.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I just wish our public servants actually worked for us.

Yes did until the population growth started going negative cutting their money resources. In Japan they are do have a major problem as there are more seniors than young people paying taxes.

But of in this they are just going cut the seniors SS checks and other benefits because they won't repay all the money they extracted from the fund pool over the years for other pet projects.

And as for farms some those are now becoming unfarmable due climate change. Just read an article this week where LA farmers had lost most their cotton, corn, and soybeans crop due to the drought in the area. BTW here in TN where I am I have seen rain in over two months but farmers are glad as they are in the middle harvesting their cotton and corn crops. Just don't the rain while the harvest is going on but I have full grown trees dying from the lack of rain fall. ANd many of them didn't even leaves left for the Fall colors this year. Just came a hard freeze. So the shrubs instead going the color change just dried green leaves now. Was 25F the other morning and it will in the 80's tomorrow. Yo-yo weather is here again. Wild temp swings.

The problem is so bad that everytime I go the doctor they want run a drug test on me. Hmmm maybe it is because I not asking for any drugs. They have too many side effects for me. Well I see how the last drug test turn out on the 14th. I can see the doctor pushing a bunch pills at me.

Droughts have always been there. They don't happen much more than they ever have, in reality. Plus farmers have insurance to cover their losses now. Plus there's a lot better irrigation now.
And we've always had wild temp swings. It's always been a joke in Texas (and probably everywhere) "If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait a minute." 30 years ago, I remember seeing green grass Bermuda grass in January (Texas).

The climate is changing. But not at the rate the Al Gore's of the world claim it is. Every so often they always have some sort of climate hysteria. Hole in the ozone, acid rain.. It wasn't that long ago they were claiming the world was leading into a new ice age. It's all blah blah blah.

The way to fight the O2 levels is to simply plant more tree's. Here in Arkansas, after they harvest several acres of timber, they come back in, in a year or two with dozers and clean everything up and replant.

You're lucky. The only problems I really have is knee and back pain. But I can't find a doc to prescribe me what works. Hydrocodone. Even after telling them that 30 pills will last me 2 years. Just the mere mentioning of the word hydrocodone, they treat me like i'm a druggies or a drug pusher. So when my back or knee gets so bad I can't hardly get out of bed, I'm stuck eating Aleve & Melexocam like it's candy. I despise doing that, because I know they're going to affect my liver. Hydrocodone ain't good either. But I only need one a day, when it's real bad.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Look on the bright side. The Russian ruble is collapsing and the state bank is doing ridiculous things to prop up the ruble that will collapse the russian economy even more and the 2 biggest real estate developers in china. Evergrande and Country Garden are both in default causing runs on the banks and over 10,000 foreign companies leaving china and destroying the bottomless piggy bank which will probably collapse the Chinese economy. So once china and russia put the global economy into free fall for a year or so things will be great. Yeah, right.

The way BRICS is heading and the USD, there won't be a ruble much longer. It'll be replaced by a new BRICs currency. BRICS is gaining members at a rapid pace. If that entire side of the world ditches the dollar, our own will be no better than confederate money.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Droughts have always been there. They don't happen much more than they ever have, in reality. Plus farmers have insurance to cover their losses now. Plus there's a lot better irrigation now.
And we've always had wild temp swings. It's always been a joke in Texas (and probably everywhere) "If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait a minute." 30 years ago, I remember seeing green grass Bermuda grass in January (Texas).

The climate is changing. But not at the rate the Al Gore's of the world claim it is. Every so often they always have some sort of climate hysteria. Hole in the ozone, acid rain.. It wasn't that long ago they were claiming the world was leading into a new ice age. It's all blah blah blah.

The way to fight the O2 levels is to simply plant more tree's. Here in Arkansas, after they harvest several acres of timber, they come back in, in a year or two with dozers and clean everything up and replant.

You're lucky. The only problems I really have is knee and back pain. But I can't find a doc to prescribe me what works. Hydrocodone. Even after telling them that 30 pills will last me 2 years. Just the mere mentioning of the word hydrocodone, they treat me like i'm a druggies or a drug pusher. So when my back or knee gets so bad I can't hardly get out of bed, I'm stuck eating Aleve & Melexocam like it's candy. I despise doing that, because I know they're going to affect my liver. Hydrocodone ain't good either. But I only need one a day, when it's real bad.
Please be careful taking a steady diet of NSAIDs. I took them for years every day because my knees were bone on bone. I now have stage 3 kidney failure because of it. Double knee replacement fixed the knees but no fix for the kidneys.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

The way BRICS is heading and the USD, there won't be a ruble much longer. It'll be replaced by a new BRICs currency. BRICS is gaining members at a rapid pace. If that entire side of the world ditches the dollar, our own will be no better than confederate money.
I doubt if a BRICS currency will ever materialize. China being the second largest economy is a dumpster fire right now and Xi is just a paper tiger trying to maintain power and the world has lost faith in the yuan. Competing with the yuan and dollar was what BRICS was about. The US is by far the world's largest economy and other countries like trading in dollars due to it's stability. The US dollar will remain the world's reserve currency for the foreseeable future. Countries around the world may hate the US but they love the US dollar.

The US dollar will remain the world's reserve currency for the foreseeable future. Countries around the world may hate the US but they love the US dollar.
I hope so, cause I have a couple mason jars buried out back with some paper stashed in them.

StarTech

StarTech

I use to swallow Excedrin here multiple times a day for major headaches but since have BP meds I rarely take them. Even when I taking it, it was better than taking 4 Acetaminophen pills at a time. Most time now ot is only after I fall down a flight of stairs. Getting better at falling too now when my feet goes out from under me I just sit down quickly, no more strained muscles and dislocated joints but I still bust my backside good. Right now I am on a half a pill twice a day of BP med. Avoiding the cholesterol meds.

I just wondering when those $3 bill be worth something...The banks just keep refusing them....

R

RayMcD

Supported myself all through high school then at uni
Worked a full 40 hour night shift then lectures all day
Must have had over 60 full time jobs ( night shifts are usually temporary ) before I entered the workforce full time
My college fees totaled around $ 38,000 and the year I graduated a brand new freshly minted metallurgist got a whopping salary of $ 8,000 .
Now I hear all of the whining oxygen theives bitching because they have to pay back some of the course fees so they are "burdened " with a $ 20,000 to $ 40,000 debt against their $ 50,000 to $ 90,000 incomes .
And what really pisses me off none of them think twice about buying a $ 50,000 car that they know will only last 5 to 10 years but think their education loans should be written off .
Some dumb asses make a career of going to school, the bill belongs where it started. Uncle Sam is already getting way more than he deserves from me to support many losers that can't seem to take care of themselves.. JMHO, Cheers, Ray

StarTech

StarTech

Now I never attended college or an university but I still denied jobs because I know more the company owners. They are plain scared to hire someone with more knowledge and ability then they have. All I want was a job to make a living. I finally had to go in to business for myself. Now they are even more afraid of my abilities as I now a lot more.

Yes we have to pay taxes but is part of being a free nation in a way as we got to have a defensive force and law enforcement as there is always those that wants to get by the easy way of taking it from others.

What I don't like about paying itaxes is all those tax cheats out there making what I have to pay much higher than it has to be. If the IRS really wanted to catch a lot of the tax cheating companies all they got to do is get a man inside to spy on them.

H

hlw49

There are ways to rejuvinate joints but the pill pushers and surgeons don't want you to know it. Look up Dr John Bergman on how to rejuvinate joints. It does work but you have to keep at it. I know I have done it. Stopped for a while and it came back doing it again now. Better Than pills and surgery and initial cost is not that much and only have a one time investment.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

When you have a job where you literally squat down and stand up a hundred times a day for 40 years and you grind all the cartilage out of your knees to the point your bones are getting ground down to the point you have bone chips floating around in the joint there is no rejuvenation. Play that song every day for 8 years.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Now I never attended college or an university but I still denied jobs because I know more the company owners. They are plain scared to hire someone with more knowledge and ability then they have. All I want was a job to make a living. I finally had to go in to business for myself. Now they are even more afraid of my abilities as I now a lot more.

Yes we have to pay taxes but is part of being a free nation in a way as we got to have a defensive force and law enforcement as there is always those that wants to get by the easy way of taking it from others.

What I don't like about paying itaxes is all those tax cheats out there making what I have to pay much higher than it has to be. If the IRS really wanted to catch a lot of the tax cheating companies all they got to do is get a man inside to spy on them.

If all those tax cheats were to pay all of theirs and yours too, taxes wouldn't go down. They don't have a taxing problem. They have a spending problem.

StarTech

StarTech

Actually they got both sorta like me, revenue is down and spending is up. You got to increase revenue and cut spending in order to balance. They go hand in hand with each other.

H

hlw49

When you have a job where you literally squat down and stand up a hundred times a day for 40 years and you grind all the cartilage out of your knees to the point your bones are getting ground down to the point you have bone chips floating around in the joint there is no rejuvenation. Play that song every day for 8 years.
Been doing it for 47 years.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Been doing it for 47 years.
Want the name of my surgeon?