I think it is beyond repair...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well I wasn't introduced to computer until around 1982 so we at using 1200 baud modems then. It is strange now to think running a business accounting program on a 5 mb hard drive. Now I need over 300 mb just to back up my current accounting program is still taking up 3.5 gigs on HD.
I started life in computers with the UNSW's brand spanking new IBM 360 running Fortran ( Horrid OS ) and optical mark cards .
Then when both teaching & studying at TAFE we got a PDP 10 running basic but still optical mark cards
Then it was NSW IT to do the MSc ( never finished ) and for that I had to learn Cobal which is near impossible to proramme integral calculus with but at least we had monochrome terminals to use so I could get errored out in real time rather than marking up a 10" high stack of cards to be tossed out because of a smudge from the 3 B pencils .
Went into the "real" word and it was back to DEC gear , most of which was analogue so promptly forgot everything and was sound in the belief that I could conquer the world with nothing better than the HP 21 calculator

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
LOL Don't mention COBOL, Fortran and punch cards around my wife. It will give her nightmares. She worked with that stuff at NCR way back when.