Hope everyone made it though the bad weather

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bout same here so they say. Tonite going down to 12* but wind chill is said to hit -10 F..

That cold gets in my bones outside. I might be getting old..

Since I'm almost out of wood (saving some for a power outage), I found that the central heat doesn't warm up my bones like that fireplace does. I've got the thermostat on 71, and still walking around with chill bumps.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
We aren't over it yet here in north middle Tn calling for 1 degree tonite. Then slowly start to rise over the next several days and up to near 60 by the weekend.

dougand3

Threads
North AL. In a whole week, we've been above freezing for 8h. We don't insulate for that. 3 streets over - a water main busted. Quite a geyser for 20 mins.

Attachments

• hydrant geyser.jpeg
    hydrant geyser.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 2

Lawn Addict
Threads
Since I'm almost out of wood (saving some for a power outage), I found that the central heat doesn't warm up my bones like that fireplace does. I've got the thermostat on 71, and still walking around with chill bumps.
I hear ya man, our (gas log) fireplace does good..(try & save that for emergency power outage.) The HVAC does good, set @ 72*, I have a thermal LS shirt on, & it feels ok.. Unit is only 1-1/4 years old. Really helped on electric bills. Old one was smaller & over 25 years old..

Lawn Addict
Threads
We aren't over it yet here in north middle Tn calling for 1 degree tonite. Then slowly start to rise over the next several days and up to near 60 by the weekend.
I hear ya man, SE TN here, calling 8* tonite. Snow is gone & most ice as well. Looking forward to the warm up.

North AL. In a whole week, we've been above freezing for 8h. We don't insulate for that. 3 streets over - a water main busted. Quite a geyser for 20 mins.
Wow! Been brutal all around. Try & stay warm...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It does not snow here and rarely drops below -1 C
For times when it gets to a chilly 5 C I slip into some snow boarding pants & jacket I bought a decade ago out of season really cheap.
This is pushing 10 years without needing a heater nor air conditioning .
Yo do actually get acclimatised in a very short time frame

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
We survived the night no frozen water. Kept the water dripping all night. High today around 30. It suppose to be up to the 60's by the end of the week. Say warm and be safe.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Might get some what use to the temps but it is the snow that has turned to solid ice now that is causing a lot problems. At least tomorrow it will finally get above freezing and then week worth of rain starts.

This winter blast has been unusually long as where I am we just see this lasting more than a few days at a time.

FedEx has really screwed up on deliveries this time. It snowed Monday night. They still had a couple good days before things turn to solid ice. But they just had to take Monday off for the federal holiday even knowing bad was coming in. To make things worst the UPS and USPS are still making deliveries on my street. The FedEx contractor is just not setup to handle this type of weather event. It that or you know I called out the mental ward on the driver that wear shorts in freezing temps.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might get some what use to the temps but it is the snow that has turned to solid ice now that is causing a lot problems. At least tomorrow it will finally get above freezing and then week worth of rain starts.

This winter blast has been unusually long as where I am we just see this lasting more than a few days at a time.

FedEx has really screwed up on deliveries this time. It snowed Monday night. They still had a couple good days before things turn to solid ice. But they just had to take Monday off for the federal holiday even knowing bad was coming in. To make things worst the UPS and USPS are still making deliveries on my street. The FedEx contractor is just not setup to handle this type of weather event. It that or you know I called out the mental ward on the driver that wear shorts in freezing temps.

You ain't kidding about the FedEx thing.

I bought the cat a different type of can food (meow mix). It arrived a few days before the bad weather. After about 3 cans of it, I realized she simply wouldn't eat it. So I ordered her normal food. It went from Iowa to Waterloo MS, in one day. And has been there since the 18th.
The cat has been pissed at me for the last 3 days.

I supposed it's just good business to let people wait on their packages. Truck wrecks and insurance is expensive. Especially if there's injuries and deaths involved.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
This weeks forecast. I'll take it.
1705852620153.jpeg