Hope everyone made it though the bad weather

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Everything is thawing out here in Arkansas. My cold water line froze up a little this morning. And I burned through a ton of wood. But no power outages happened. So it's all good now.

How did y'all come out?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was today here in TN also, the Sun did the best help. But didn't get above 28* & dropping down to maybe 9* tonite..
Will have faucets dripping again, actually I have then dripping now. You got lucky on the water line.

We had the fireplace on a few times, really warms things up quickly.. So far, so good.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was today here in TN also, the Sun did the best help. But didn't get above 28* & dropping down to maybe 9* tonite..
Will have faucets dripping again, actually I have then dripping now. You got lucky on the water line.

We had the fireplace on a few times, really warms things up quickly.. So far, so good.

We got that 9 degree temp last night. 26 for the low tonight. And have a chance of some sleet in the morning. I'm down to my last 1/2 rick of wood. It's gone quick. Hoping we don't have any power outages this year.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
We got that 9 degree temp last night. 26 for the low tonight. And have a chance of some sleet in the morning. I'm down to my last 1/2 rick of wood. It's gone quick. Hoping we don't have any power outages this year.
My well water pump froze and have been out of water for last four days (first time ever).

There is plenty of winter left, plenty. Got over three cut/split cords of firewood out in the back to heat my shop. I absolutely hate winter, love spring and summer, and enjoy fall. When you think about it, there are about two months out of the entire year when the weather is. “perfect”. When you work outside everyday, you become intimately aware of daily weather and how much of an impact it has on life. Versus someone sitting behind a desk all day in the heat and A/C.

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's a fact. We dropped to 6* overnight. Brine trucks were out in force. Overdoing it.. Keeping my truck inside & off the roads till we get good rains, which may not be long.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Don't worry guys the Yo-Yo is going back next week where most of us will seeing above normal temps.

No way now delivery service is going make their drop-offs/pick-ups here this week. They missed two snow cover days but UPS made one drop-off. I just checked earlier the road while I was looking for a missing hen. There is about 3 inches of solid ice on the road in front of the shop. Lincoln county apparently decided not to plow the road this time around. Had more freezing rain overnight. Might be above freezing Monday. Sure hope so as they rain forecasted for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Another lost work week.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Don't worry guys the Yo-Yo is going back next week where most of us will seeing above normal temps.

No way now delivery service is going make their drop-offs/pick-ups here this week. They missed two snow cover days but UPS made one drop-off. I just checked earlier the road while I was looking for a missing hen. There is about 3 inches of solid ice on the road in front of the shop. Lincoln county apparently decided not to plow the road this time around. Had more freezing rain overnight. Might be above freezing Monday. Sure hope so as they rain forecasted for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Another lost work week.

Once it gets down into the teens for highs, it is too cold to work in my shop. Wood burning stove with no insulation is just not enough. Between having the flu for a week and a half and cold weather so far this year, there has not been much going on work wise for me. I have been ready for spring since winter started.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Strange Tiger. My previous shop was a 28x28x10 concrete bock shop and the home made wood burner keep it nice and warm except I had to open the doors to move equipment. Just can't put in the current shop until I build another large storage/office building. Just too packed with parts, tools, and other equipment.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

Yes, we got rain on the way, with low temps in the 40's. One day it's supposed reach 60. I might break out my shorts and stand in front of the sunny window. :D

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, we got rain on the way, with low temps in the 40's. One day it's supposed reach 60. I might break out my shorts and stand in front of the sunny window. :D
Bout same here so they say. Tonite going down to 12* but wind chill is said to hit -10 F..

That cold gets in my bones outside. I might be getting old..