Hey What about the Class Action Law suit

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have to agree 100% with Jetblast. Well said.

Anyway, I don't have anything new enough to qualify, or I for sure would send it in - :tongue:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Jetblast said I'm OK with $75 claim, I hope is ok with $21.84 :thumbsup:

Mini Motors

Threads
I just hope you all that put in a claim know, that we all will pay in the end. Right or wrong, the manufacturers will raise the price of their products to cover the expenses of whatever they have to pay out.

Jetblast

Threads
I just hope you all that put in a claim know, that we all will pay in the end. Right or wrong, the manufacturers will raise the price of their products to cover the expenses of whatever they have to pay out.

I think it's generally true that corporate losses have a easier time trickling down to the populace than do their profits, but I personally don't think that's any reason to let companies slide on their dirty dealings. Do we all pay when scumbags act like scumbags? Yes. Always. I think of that every time I'm forced to stand in yet another line leaving Costco for a cart inspection, or for that matter every time I lock the doors to my house. A world without sociopaths would be nice. Manufacturer claims would always be valid so there would be no "energy bracelet" commercials on TV and your car would start by a simple push of a button. :smile:

Whether you decide to make a claim or not has no bearing on the payout whatsoever, so you're not saving them any money. The engine manufacturers in question have already settled for specific dollar amounts to be paid into a settlement account. If there's a shortage, each person who files will get their damages reduced by an equal amount. On the other hand if too few people make claims to empty the settlement fund, the ruling specifies that the money will go to where the court decides, but under no circumstances can it go back to the engine manufacturers.

You can read it here (PDF warning): https://lawnmowerclass.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=CDOxmrQzOVs%3d&tabid=149&mid=669

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The amount of cash payment was calculated according to the terms of the settlement agreements. Pursuant to the settlement agreement, because of the substantial number of claims received, the full capped payment amount (up to $35 for a walk behind and $75 for riding lawn mowers) is not available for distribution. Rather, the amount to be paid to each claimant was reduced pro rata from the capped amounts. As a result Walk Behind mower purchasers are receiving $10.19 and Riding lawn mowers purchasers 21.84

Jetblast

Threads
The amount of cash payment was calculated according to the terms of the settlement agreements. Pursuant to the settlement agreement, because of the substantial number of claims received, the full capped payment amount (up to $35 for a walk behind and $75 for riding lawn mowers) is not available for distribution. Rather, the amount to be paid to each claimant was reduced pro rata from the capped amounts. As a result Walk Behind mower purchasers are receiving $10.19 and Riding lawn mowers purchasers 21.84

That's an interesting development. Everyone in this thread loses. You and me lost 50 bucks, and those in disagreement lost a chance to further reduce our awards by filing. :biggrin:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's an interesting development. Everyone in this thread loses. You and me lost 50 bucks, and those in disagreement lost a chance to further reduce our awards by filing. :biggrin:

Yea it's a revolting development. I did manage 32.03 because I had a push mower and got 10.19 for it.

Jetblast

Threads
Yea it's a revolting development. I did manage 32.03 because I had a push mower and got 10.19 for it.

Now that you're wealthy, I hope you'll think of those less fortunate than yourself.