Export thread

Hey What about the Class Action Law suit

M

Mr. Paul

Ok anyone going to turn in their cards and get money? I am not going to do it because I just don't feel like anything was done wrong to me. Not going to line some tort lawyers pockets.

J

jspwrplc

This lawsuit has been going on for around six years, Personally I think it is a joke and some lawyers way to make some money. Equip. mfg's have been marketing this way for years. The last Briggs service school I was at in Febuary they said they were spending way too much $$$$ on there legal dept so all involved wanted to settle. I threw all of the cards we received in the trash. I would hope that others will do the same..

I

ILENGINE

What I this is funny now is the fact people are complaining that engines don't have hp ratings on them. Some engines have torque ratings that don't mean anything to most people, or no rating other that cc engine size which is even more confusing to customers. The only people that are going to have a favorable outcome will be the lawyers.

Attachments

B

big hammer

What "class action law suit" are you refering to? Enquiring minds want to know...

44carbine

I have seen the lawsuit. The only people that will make any money is the lawyers. We will all pay more in the end for our mowers to make up for the losses in a lawsuit.

C

Cvans

I started to reply but I just get :mad: thinking about it. We are all paying too much for our purchases because of greedy lawyers and consumers:thumbdown:
Chris

RockHound

RockHound

I don't think I'll participate but it's not because I don't want to. I just don't have the receipts anymore. If I did, I would claim my money because the Sears mowers I got with the Briggs & Stratton engines on them were a piece of junk. I thought I had just gotten a bad one the first time so I went back when the first one blew up and got a bigger one with more horsepower (supposedly). I didn't even do the job the first and smaller one did. I kept trusting Sears to fix the thing and they would fix it with (exaggeration here) bailing wire and twine. It finally went out of warrenty and we wound up with TWO pieces of junk that didn't work. :thumbdown:

Attachments

M

Mr. Paul

I don't think I'll participate but it's not because I don't want to. I just don't have the receipts anymore. If I did, I would claim my money because the Sears mowers I got with the Briggs & Stratton engines on them were a piece of junk. I thought I had just gotten a bad one the first time so I went back when the first one blew up and got a bigger one with more horsepower (supposedly). I didn't even do the job the first and smaller one did. I kept trusting Sears to fix the thing and they would fix it with (exaggeration here) bailing wire and twine. It finally went out of warrenty and we wound up with TWO pieces of junk that didn't work. :thumbdown:

Don't need receipts just need the serial number.

M

MidTNDawg

What "class action law suit" are you refering to? Enquiring minds want to know...

I am sure he is referring to the suit that mfr's misrepresented engine horse power. Rediculous in my opinion. I tossed my cards as well.

L

lar

Ok anyone going to turn in their cards and get money? I am not going to do it because I just don't feel like anything was done wrong to me. Not going to line some tort lawyers pockets.

Wow the next thing we are going to find is that our last tooth brush was missing a bristle or two. But seriously.Horse power has been so manipulated that everybody is confused. Look at the car manufactures a 2000 lb car with 400 HP. Give me a break. Wouldn't pull a travel trailer down hill on a paved road. Buying a lawnmower shouldn't be complicated. Small lawn Small Mower, Big Lawn Big Mower. YUP A GOOD ONE FOR THE LAWYERS

Z

Zeroturn

I'm not sure about it yet. I just went onto the website where you can fill in all your information to look to see what it was all about. I don't see anything wrong with doing it. It's like a kick-back. My dad has been saying for years now that his mower is like the older style mower he had.

rekees

rekees

I have seen the lawsuit. The only people that will make any money is the lawyers. We will all pay more in the end for our mowers to make up for the losses in a lawsuit.

Ditto ... you hit the nail on the head. The lawyers will get millions and the consumers will get a coupon for $.49 cents off the purchase of a new mower. My mower cuts the grass just fine. Makes no difference to me if the engine says 6.5 HP but it's really 6.25 HP

B

BlueGrass

I bought my mower in the time frame that the suit is under and I'm just not going to send the thing in for what $10 if that. There isn't anything wrong with the mower I have so why bother. I can see if I bought the thing and it didn't do what was advertised it would do.

jet62095

jet62095

I posted a video on youtube about this, and got slammed with comments saying "Yeah why not, It's free money." I don't think that's right, it's not worth complaining about n'or raising the prices of all mowers and engines for us, the consumers.

Hand2ThePlow

Hand2ThePlow

My John Deere STX46 qualifies but I'm trying to figure out how I was harmed. The engine has started for 16 years and performed without any problems (even though I used ethanol in it :rolleyes:). This is just another lawyer making a buck off of corporate America.

JDgreen

JDgreen

My John Deere STX46 qualifies but I'm trying to figure out how I was harmed. The engine has started for 16 years and performed without any problems (even though I used ethanol in it :rolleyes:). This is just another lawyer making a buck off of corporate America.

You took the words right out of my mouth, only you said them better. I have three self propelled push mowers that qualify for the so called "settlement" but why make lawyers richer? Waste of my time to bother filing a claim.

Ric

Ric

GUESS WHAT IT"S
893148.gif
I just got claims my check for the mowers from the Settlement Claims Administration I also got an Extended Engine Warranty for one year on my first Kohler that has been out of warranty for over a year. :thumbsup:

Jetblast

Jetblast

I filed at least a year ago. $75 clams. KA-CHING! I'm always delighted to see any group of jackwad execs and board members held accountable for willfully lying through their teeth.

Did it affect my mower's performance? Not noticeably. Did it affect my purchasing decision? Actually, yes. I may have gone a different route given more accurate data upon which to base my decision.

Still, it didn't affect me that much so I'm OK with $75. It's their employees and stockholders they've really let down with their BS. This is no "whoopsey daisey", this is willful fraud, misrepresentation, and concealment of facts regarding their product and people who do this stuff need to be held accountable, or the consumer jungle gets just that much harder to navigate.

Yesterday it was, "Why yes, as a matter of fact we did know that our Ford Pinto tanks tend to explode. Sorry 'bout that." Today it's an inflated horsepower claim. Tomorrow it'll be something else. Hopefully no one will get killed over it.

Ric

Ric

I had a Cub Cadet ZTR and a Honda push mower that I claimed. What I really liked was the extended warranty on the Cub Cadet.

twall

twall

I have to agree 100% with Jetblast. Well said.

Anyway, I don't have anything new enough to qualify, or I for sure would send it in - :tongue:

Ric

Ric

Jetblast said I'm OK with $75 claim, I hope is ok with $21.84 :thumbsup:

M

Mini Motors

I just hope you all that put in a claim know, that we all will pay in the end. Right or wrong, the manufacturers will raise the price of their products to cover the expenses of whatever they have to pay out.

Jetblast

Jetblast

I just hope you all that put in a claim know, that we all will pay in the end. Right or wrong, the manufacturers will raise the price of their products to cover the expenses of whatever they have to pay out.

I think it's generally true that corporate losses have a easier time trickling down to the populace than do their profits, but I personally don't think that's any reason to let companies slide on their dirty dealings. Do we all pay when scumbags act like scumbags? Yes. Always. I think of that every time I'm forced to stand in yet another line leaving Costco for a cart inspection, or for that matter every time I lock the doors to my house. A world without sociopaths would be nice. Manufacturer claims would always be valid so there would be no "energy bracelet" commercials on TV and your car would start by a simple push of a button. :smile:

Whether you decide to make a claim or not has no bearing on the payout whatsoever, so you're not saving them any money. The engine manufacturers in question have already settled for specific dollar amounts to be paid into a settlement account. If there's a shortage, each person who files will get their damages reduced by an equal amount. On the other hand if too few people make claims to empty the settlement fund, the ruling specifies that the money will go to where the court decides, but under no circumstances can it go back to the engine manufacturers.

You can read it here (PDF warning): https://lawnmowerclass.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=CDOxmrQzOVs%3d&tabid=149&mid=669

Ric

Ric

The amount of cash payment was calculated according to the terms of the settlement agreements. Pursuant to the settlement agreement, because of the substantial number of claims received, the full capped payment amount (up to $35 for a walk behind and $75 for riding lawn mowers) is not available for distribution. Rather, the amount to be paid to each claimant was reduced pro rata from the capped amounts. As a result Walk Behind mower purchasers are receiving $10.19 and Riding lawn mowers purchasers 21.84

Jetblast

Jetblast

The amount of cash payment was calculated according to the terms of the settlement agreements. Pursuant to the settlement agreement, because of the substantial number of claims received, the full capped payment amount (up to $35 for a walk behind and $75 for riding lawn mowers) is not available for distribution. Rather, the amount to be paid to each claimant was reduced pro rata from the capped amounts. As a result Walk Behind mower purchasers are receiving $10.19 and Riding lawn mowers purchasers 21.84

That's an interesting development. Everyone in this thread loses. You and me lost 50 bucks, and those in disagreement lost a chance to further reduce our awards by filing. :biggrin:

Ric

Ric

That's an interesting development. Everyone in this thread loses. You and me lost 50 bucks, and those in disagreement lost a chance to further reduce our awards by filing. :biggrin:

Yea it's a revolting development. I did manage 32.03 because I had a push mower and got 10.19 for it.

Jetblast

Jetblast

Yea it's a revolting development. I did manage 32.03 because I had a push mower and got 10.19 for it.

Now that you're wealthy, I hope you'll think of those less fortunate than yourself.