Hey What about the Class Action Law suit

lar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok anyone going to turn in their cards and get money? I am not going to do it because I just don't feel like anything was done wrong to me. Not going to line some tort lawyers pockets.

Wow the next thing we are going to find is that our last tooth brush was missing a bristle or two. But seriously.Horse power has been so manipulated that everybody is confused. Look at the car manufactures a 2000 lb car with 400 HP. Give me a break. Wouldn't pull a travel trailer down hill on a paved road. Buying a lawnmower shouldn't be complicated. Small lawn Small Mower, Big Lawn Big Mower. YUP A GOOD ONE FOR THE LAWYERS

Zeroturn

Threads
I'm not sure about it yet. I just went onto the website where you can fill in all your information to look to see what it was all about. I don't see anything wrong with doing it. It's like a kick-back. My dad has been saying for years now that his mower is like the older style mower he had.

rekees

Threads
I have seen the lawsuit. The only people that will make any money is the lawyers. We will all pay more in the end for our mowers to make up for the losses in a lawsuit.

Ditto ... you hit the nail on the head. The lawyers will get millions and the consumers will get a coupon for $.49 cents off the purchase of a new mower. My mower cuts the grass just fine. Makes no difference to me if the engine says 6.5 HP but it's really 6.25 HP

BlueGrass

Threads
I bought my mower in the time frame that the suit is under and I'm just not going to send the thing in for what $10 if that. There isn't anything wrong with the mower I have so why bother. I can see if I bought the thing and it didn't do what was advertised it would do.

jet62095

Threads
I posted a video on youtube about this, and got slammed with comments saying "Yeah why not, It's free money." I don't think that's right, it's not worth complaining about n'or raising the prices of all mowers and engines for us, the consumers.

Hand2ThePlow

Threads
My John Deere STX46 qualifies but I'm trying to figure out how I was harmed. The engine has started for 16 years and performed without any problems (even though I used ethanol in it :rolleyes:). This is just another lawyer making a buck off of corporate America.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My John Deere STX46 qualifies but I'm trying to figure out how I was harmed. The engine has started for 16 years and performed without any problems (even though I used ethanol in it :rolleyes:). This is just another lawyer making a buck off of corporate America.

You took the words right out of my mouth, only you said them better. I have three self propelled push mowers that qualify for the so called "settlement" but why make lawyers richer? Waste of my time to bother filing a claim.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
GUESS WHAT IT"S
893148.gif
I just got claims my check for the mowers from the Settlement Claims Administration I also got an Extended Engine Warranty for one year on my first Kohler that has been out of warranty for over a year. :thumbsup:

Jetblast

Threads
I filed at least a year ago. $75 clams. KA-CHING! I'm always delighted to see any group of jackwad execs and board members held accountable for willfully lying through their teeth.

Did it affect my mower's performance? Not noticeably. Did it affect my purchasing decision? Actually, yes. I may have gone a different route given more accurate data upon which to base my decision.

Still, it didn't affect me that much so I'm OK with $75. It's their employees and stockholders they've really let down with their BS. This is no "whoopsey daisey", this is willful fraud, misrepresentation, and concealment of facts regarding their product and people who do this stuff need to be held accountable, or the consumer jungle gets just that much harder to navigate.

Yesterday it was, "Why yes, as a matter of fact we did know that our Ford Pinto tanks tend to explode. Sorry 'bout that." Today it's an inflated horsepower claim. Tomorrow it'll be something else. Hopefully no one will get killed over it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had a Cub Cadet ZTR and a Honda push mower that I claimed. What I really liked was the extended warranty on the Cub Cadet.