Fall Preparation

JimmyTheGlove

Threads
I am scratching them right now and laughing my a-- off becuz Jimmy APOLOGIZED to me.....:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Make yourself useful and learn how to include links in your replies.

:laughing:

Ariena

Threads
Jimmy, you had better apologize for that!

jamesslcx

Threads
I seriously doubt Briana is anything close to a hag, now me on the other hand well...but I've been called much worse! As for J.D. bragging , hey it's only bragging if you can't back it up!:laughing:

Parkmower

Threads
JDgreen said:
I am scratching them right now and laughing my a-- off becuz Jimmy APOLOGIZED to me.....:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Meant your walnuts. Get your mind out the gutter

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I don't know whether to laugh, be embarrassed, or say thank you at this point (lol). :laughing:

But while reading, it went something like this: :ashamed: ... :smile: ... :laughing:

You guys are too much... Thanks for stickin' up for me JD. :thumbsup:

And, uh, by no means can we not talk more about winter mower prep. The more information the better.

By the way, @Giles mentioned you can "Either drain or completely fill tank with TREATED FUEL", just out of curiosity, which method is preferred and are there different results for each method after a few months' storage?

Thanks. :smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Meant your walnuts. Get your mind out the gutter

You said NOTHING about walnuts....."Go back to picking your nuts, old man" Get YOUR mind out of the gutter. :biggrin::biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I don't know whether to laugh, be embarrassed, or say thank you at this point (lol). :laughing:

But while reading, it went something like this: :ashamed: ... :smile: ... :laughing:

And, uh, by no means can we not talk more about winter mower prep. The more information the better.

By the way, @Giles mentioned you can "Either drain or completely fill tank with TREATED FUEL", just out of curiosity, which method is preferred and are there different results for each method after a few months' storage?

Thanks. :smile:

For smaller equipment I prefer to drain as it is easy, for equipment that holds several gallons which complicates draining fuel, I prefer treated fuel. I have a motorhome with a 75 gallon fuel tank, can you imagine trying to drain all that?

Giles

Threads

By the way, @Giles mentioned you can "Either drain or completely fill tank with TREATED FUEL", just out of curiosity, which method is preferred and are there different results for each method after a few months' storage?Thanks. :smile:
The preferred methoid for me depends on construction of fuel tank. If tank is plastic, I usually drain and run the engine until all gas in carburetor is burned. I do this to all my chainsaws, trimmers, and blowers. I do this if they are not to be used for two months or longer:thumbsup:
Now if the machine has a metal tank, I fill completely full to prevent RUST!
I always go out of my way, to purchase ethenol free gas and I immediately treat the gas and mark it:thumbsup:
Sad thing is---today's gas can go bad in as little as four to six weeks, so with a full tank, problems can occur:thumbdown:
Over the years, I have stored gas for several months without problems --especially 2 cycle mix but not with today"s gas.:mad:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sad thing is---today's gas can go bad in as little as four to six weeks, so with a full tank, problems can occur:thumbdown:
Over the years, I have stored gas for several months without problems --especially 2 cycle mix but not with today"s gas.
Hm, that's really interesting. I wonder why?

I have a motorhome with a 75 gallon fuel tank, can you imagine trying to drain all that?
Haha, yeah, I see your point!

Parkmower

Threads
JDgreen said:
You said NOTHING about walnuts....."Go back to picking your nuts, old man" Get YOUR mind out of the gutter. :biggrin::biggrin:

I was originally referring to your WALNUTs you've been goin on about pickin lately