Fall Preparation

JimmyTheGlove

Threads
See? How hard was that.

Thanks for the info! My baby :tractor: is brand new so I think I'll do an extreme Winterize to her this year just for the hal of it. A tip like using Sea Foam is what I was looking for!

I really do appreciate it. :drink:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
How about we get some real answers instead of just some hags telling us to go out looking for a link. It's a new thread, let's treat it as such. I too would like to know some inside tips on how to prepare a mower for winter.

You INSULT BRIANA AND ME BOTH with your sarcastic post....I suggest you go look at my method to prepare your equipment foir winter...and that was a TERRIBLE thing to call Briana, you TURDFACE!!!!

How do you like it when someone insults you here?????!!!!!! GO LOOK AT THE LINK AND YOU TELL ME WHAT I LEFT OUT !!!!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't believe we could "write a book" on fall Preparation:laughing:
Other then routine maintenance--as in spring---what else is there.
Now if the OP was for storage--
(1)Change oil and grease entire machine.
(2)Either drain or completely fill tank with TREATED FUEL. And don't forget to run the engine until dry or until gas in carb is renewed.
(3)Remove spark plug/plugs and add Sea Foam or motor oil and spin the engine a couple of revolutions
(4)In the extreme, you could place jack stands under machine to remove weight from tires:rolleyes: And remove all drive belts to prevent "belt set" especially where a belt has a twist.
Now---personally I never do any of the above because I use my Lawn tractors practically year round.:thumbsup:
IS THIS ALL YOU CAN THINK OF DOING????? GO LOOK AT MY METHOD AND SEE WHAT YOU LEFT OUT !!!!

Giles

Threads
IS THIS ALL YOU CAN THINK OF DOING????? GO LOOK AT MY METHOD AND SEE WHAT YOU LEFT OUT !!!!

Wellllllllll--Big shot---I have probably prepped more equipment in my 50 years of work then you have seen:laughing:
If you don't have something good to say---other then personal brag--keep it to yourself at least when it is directed at me when I am trying to be of help to someone:mad:
Oh, by the way, did you know your capital key is locked??

Parkmower

Threads
JDgreen said:

Charming isn't he. If he's not complaining about something he's yelling at people trying to be helpful. Go back to pickin your nuts old man.

JimmyTheGlove

Threads
You INSULT BRIANA AND ME BOTH with your sarcastic post....I suggest you go look at my method to prepare your equipment foir winter...and that was a TERRIBLE thing to call Briana, you TURDFACE!!!!

How do you like it when someone insults you here?????!!!!!! GO LOOK AT THE LINK AND YOU TELL ME WHAT I LEFT OUT !!!!

You're right. I was in a hurry the other day and was looking for a quick answer before I headed off. I should have clicked on Briana's link to your thread and bookmarked it for later. I looked at it just now and wow, that's an excellent list. More than I had hoped for! :thumbsup:

Please excuse my lack of patience before, I was a real turdface. I appreciate you mentioning that previous thread and am grateful Briana knew how to link to it.

Some things you mentioned that were particularly helpful:

Remove the air filter and cover the carb opening with a plastic bag.
Reinstall the wheels, use chassis grease on the wheel spindles, not oil.
Lube any linkages and cables.

Thanks again Briana and JD! :smile:

Ariena

Threads
JimmyTheGlove said:
You're right. I was in a hurry the other day and was looking for a quick answer before I headed off. I should have clicked on Briana's link to your thread and bookmarked it for later. I looked at it just now and wow, that's an excellent list. More than I had hoped for! :thumbsup:

Please excuse my lack of patience before, I was a real turdface. I appreciate you mentioning that previous thread and am grateful Briana knew how to link to it.

Ha,ha,ha,ha,hah!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

THANK YOU...it is nice to know my information helped someone...and they TOLD ME SO.

I don't mind so much that you ignored my list, but to refer to Briana as a "hag"....THAT was what ticked me off. Apology accepted by me, not sure about her though....

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Charming isn't he. If he's not complaining about something he's yelling at people trying to be helpful. Go back to pickin your nuts old man.

I am scratching them right now and laughing my a-- off becuz Jimmy APOLOGIZED to me.....:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

JimmyTheGlove

Threads
THANK YOU...it is nice to know my information helped someone...and they TOLD ME SO.

I don't mind so much that you ignored my list, but to refer to Briana as a "hag"....THAT was what ticked me off. Apology accepted by me, not sure about her though....

Well it truly is a good list.

Let's wait, and let Briana speak for herself.