Enclosed/Open trailers or Landscape trucks

Mid TN Lawn

Threads
Does anyone on here run landscape trucks or box trucks?[/QUOTE
Enclosed trailer or box truck is nice for installs and seasonal flowers you can haul large load of bushes, trees, flats etc... No wind damage.
Open trailer of some type or dump truck is a must for hauling mulch, sifted dirt, landscape rock. So if you can only afford one consider a hybrid half enclosed and half open.

Attachments

• image-964531295.jpg
    image-964531295.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 37
Threads
Enclosed trailer or box truck is nice for installs and seasonal flowers you can haul large load of bushes, trees, flats etc... No wind damage.
Open trailer of some type or dump truck is a must for hauling mulch, sifted dirt, landscape rock. So if you can only afford one consider a hybrid half enclosed and half open.

I've never seen a "hybrid" like that! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

LoCo86

Threads
The " hybrid" trailer concept seems nice, but my general concern would be the space the cab of the trailer takes up leaving less room for multiple large pieces of equipment. For those who carry one maybe two pieces of mowing or excavating equipment this could per practical for their use.

Mid TN Lawn

Threads
The " hybrid" trailer concept seems nice, but my general concern would be the space the cab of the trailer takes up leaving less room for multiple large pieces of equipment. For those who carry one maybe two pieces of mowing or excavating equipment this could per practical for their use.[/QUOTE
You can get a zero turn and 48" on open space and 36" in enclosed along with 30 or 32 walk behind

LoCo86

Threads

I was thinking if using the enclosed space for smaller handheld equipment and use it as a mobile workshop, maybe even store a few bags of mulch. Never gave much thought of storing a through gate mower inside. I had a trailer with a side gate that I store my smaller mower beside to keep from having to pull the other mowers off, but it seemed to always be in the way when dropping it along two way streets and most of the time my other mowers were already off the trailer so I would unload from the back almost all the time. Anyway I wound up making it a brush trailer for large tree jobs that I do.

Locqus

Forum Newbie
Threads
Each trailer has its pro's and cons. Open trailers are cheaper, lighter, and have no height restrictions. Enclosed are good for advertising, and keeping equipment out of view of and out of the rain etc. We run a couple covered, but will start buying only open trailers from here on out.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I started with pickup trucks with tall caps, but got tired of ramps, had several 14' open trailers, went to a closed 8' X 20' with rear ramp. Dropped the commercial snow removal and now have a 7' X 14' closed trailer with rear ramp and haul it with a one ton Ford van. I like being able to put my equipment in the trailer, closing the ramp door and locking it up. My next trailer will be a 7' X 16' with a ramp and extra height which all of my cargo trailers have had as I don't like banging my head while getting my equipment in or out of trailers and I'm just a short guy!!!
My financial manager, (wife of 47 years) says that if I have a good season in 2014, I can afford an new trailer for 2015. But with all the snow and ice still around, the 2014 season will get off to a late start!!! Oh well, just watching the snow melt for now, not much happening at 20 degrees however!!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: