Enclosed/Open trailers or Landscape trucks

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do not like to leave my mowers out in the rain for long periods of time. I have no problem doing so occasionally. I never like for my trimmers and hedge trimmers to be in the rain if possible.

What do you think the rain will do to them?
And I won't even get into why you have hedge trimmers or why any one does.

Parkmower

Threads
What do you think the rain will do to them?
And I won't even get into why you have hedge trimmers or why any one does.

To trim hedges!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
To trim hedges!
I don't use them it is the worst way to trim bushes or shrubs. And a bush should never get to the point where you would need to use them they should be kept up with every visit to the property.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't use them it is the worst way to trim bushes or shrubs. And a bush should never get to the point where you would need to use them they should be kept up with every visit to the property.

Dude out in the real world we trim hedges many times that are on properties we have never been on. I for one don't have the luxury of picking and choosing jobs in exclusive neighborhoods. Most times we get to work for people when they get the money to hire us not necessarily when the job needs doing. At time it is done with a chain saw and or a pole saw.

We do shrubbery many times for people who only cut it once a year. Have cut a lot that had not been cut in over a year.

LoCo86

Threads

Bushes should never get way out of control and I agree that shears are the best and cheaper way to go and that's about their only highlight. Hedge trimmers on the other hand are faster, less fatiguing, and to me deliver a smoother more groomed cut. Nevertheless, when you take on new properties or have clients who only want their bushes cut once maybe twice a year, then that's when hedge trimmers become a real necessity.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry I forget that some people don't offer full yard care. I have very high standards.
Bushes should never look like they need trimming. Pine straw and mulch should always look fresh. Lawn and beds weed free. This should all be part of your weekly visit. I guess this is why I will not do $20 yards.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry I forget that some people don't offer full yard care. I have very high standards.
Bushes should never look like they need trimming. Pine straw and mulch should always look fresh. Lawn and beds weed free. This should all be part of your weekly visit. I guess this is why I will not do $20 yards.

Where we live you do what ever you can get or you go hungry. I am partial to eating so therefore they offer the work. I make a price, if they accept the price, I do the job.

I believe in giving a quality job. I take pride in what I do. Problem is, there is not a lot of money floating around....

We too offer full service. Problem is most people don't want full service.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Where we live you do what ever you can get or you go hungry. I am partial to eating so therefore they offer the work. I make a price, if they accept the price, I do the job. I believe in giving a quality job. I take pride in what I do. Problem is, there is not a lot of money floating around.... We too offer full service. Problem is most people don't want full service.

I understand what your saying.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Where we live you do what ever you can get or you go hungry. I am partial to eating so therefore they offer the work. I make a price, if they accept the price, I do the job.

I believe in giving a quality job. I take pride in what I do. Problem is, there is not a lot of money floating around....

We too offer full service. Problem is most people don't want full service.

It's nice to have high standards and it would be nice to be able too have hedges that never need trimming but for some who have 70 to 100 lawns to do a week good quality equipment including hedge trimmers can be a necessity.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's nice to have high standards and it would be nice to be able too have hedges that never need trimming but for some who have 70 to 100 lawns to do a week good quality equipment including hedge trimmers can be a necessity.

I agree. Some weeks I make as much money with a $400 set of hedge trimmers as I do with a $13,000 lawn mower. When that is how you make your living you do the best job you can as close to the customer's request as you can.