Enclosed/Open trailers or Landscape trucks

LoCo86

Threads
How do you prefer to haul you're equipment? If you are using one method would you like to be using another?

mowerman05

Threads
Enclosed trailer most of the year until I mount my rear bagger on JD930, Then I use my dump trailer because it wont fit in my 7x19 enclosed. Like them both:thumbsup:

LoCo86

Threads
Does anyone on here run landscape trucks or box trucks?

Threads

I don't see the convenience in them, other than the fact they can hold lots of gas in the side tanks. It just seems harder to access your equipment. :anyone:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I don't see the convenience in them, other than the fact they can hold lots of gas in the side tanks. It just seems harder to access your equipment. :anyone:

I think a lot of what you use or run for a trailer or landscape truck depends on the situation your in. If your a larger company and have multiple crews with tons of clients the landscape trucks may be the way to go. If your a solo operator living in Florida where temps can reach 100 degrees an enclosed trailer can be out of the question for some. The simplest trailer to use is an open trailer, it's the easiest to set up and access while working. It all comes down to your situation.

LoCo86

Threads
I think a lot of what you use or run for a trailer or landscape truck depends on the situation your in. If your a larger company and have multiple crews with tons of clients the landscape trucks may be the way to go. If your a solo operator living in Florida where temps can reach 100 degrees an enclosed trailer can be out of the question for some. The simplest trailer to use is an open trailer, it's the easiest to set up and access while working. It all comes down to your situation.

I agree. Living in a rural area as I do and not in a big city the risk of theft is low so I choose to run a flatbed truck with an open trailer. Having the trailer awhile I have it situated to fit my needs. I personally can not use a landscape truck due to all the debris ( sticks, grass, bush/tree clippings etc) that I collect throughout the day. On top of that I might need to haul mulch and my equipment at the same time which room can be to much of a hassle on a landscape truck. So basically I use the trailer to haul equipment only and the flatbed for everything else.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We use an enclosed trailer for several reasons. At times we are in areas where it is nice to be able to lock the doors for security. We do not have a place at home to get it all out of the weather so it serves that purpose. We can go inside and relieve ourself in privacy regardless of where we are working..... We had an open trailer but we like the closed trailer better for those reasons and I do not see us going back to the open trailer.

By pulling a trailer we can still utilize the pick up bed as well to haul stuff like limbs and other debris that we haul off from jobs.

Threads
...By pulling a trailer we can still utilize the pick up bed as well to haul stuff like limbs and other debris that we haul off from jobs.

Yeah see that's the thing. If you used a lawn truck you would be able to do the things you listed, but you would not have a place for debris, mulch, etc. Also, you can use a pickup truck for personal use....you can't really do that with a lawn truck! :rolleyes:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
We use open trailers everything you need is right there easy to get to.
I don't see any good reason to use a enclosed trailer. You use your tools out side. They are called outside power equipment. It's like driving your car in the snow then parking in a garage to keep it out of the weather.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We use open trailers everything you need is right there easy to get to.
I don't see any good reason to use a enclosed trailer. You use your tools out side. They are called outside power equipment. It's like driving your car in the snow then parking in a garage to keep it out of the weather.

I do not like to leave my mowers out in the rain for long periods of time. I have no problem doing so occasionally. I never like for my trimmers and hedge trimmers to be in the rain if possible.