Electrical Problem: No Start

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Turn the key switch to the on or run position. Take a wire and jump from battery positive to the small terminal on the solenoid. The engine should turn over. If it turns over and does not starter check to see if you have spark. If the engine does not turn over replace the solenoid.

I already done that. No good. I can jump the starter from battery with jumper cables and from the solonoid with jumper cables. I got no spark with what spark plugs are in there that I havent pulled yet.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you telling me that the starter does not spin when you put 12V to the SMALL TERMINAL on the solenoid?

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you telling me that the starter does not spin when you put 12V to the SMALL TERMINAL on the solenoid?

Isnt that small wire a ground? I'll double check jumper wire from to small ground wire.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No, that small terminal needs 12V to make the solenoid work. It is not a ground. You said early that there were only three terminals on the solenoid. One large one from the battery, one large one to the starter and one small one. The small one is the one I want you to put 12V to.