Echo introduces its own brand of two-cycle gas+oil pre-mix

MowerPro2

Threads
  • / Echo introduces its own brand of two-cycle gas+oil pre-mix
I've been using 93 octane with stihl oil for years in all my 2 stroke and 4 mix equipment and the only problem I had was the problem with the New Stihl gas caps recall and when I replaced the caps they were all still in working order and I infact carry the ones I replaced for spares. You say the Etanol crap reeks havoc on small engine if so it's news to me because I've never had a problem running gas with 10% ethanol in my hand held stuff or mowers. All the manufacturers say it's fine to run. Thing is you say you buy 5 gallons at a time and use STA-BIL fuel stabilizer 2 ounces to 5 gallon of fuel and its good for 12 months. I buy 25 gallons of 93 a week for as little as $2.79 a gallon, if you had to do that at $6.00 a gallon your tune would change in a hurry.

I can see why you don't have trouble your in Florida. I'am in Michigan you don't have the Winters that we do up here. Your equipment is being used most likely every day right or wrong ??. Do you store your equipment 4-5 months out of the year ??. I think not. People that don't know about ethanol and it's effects don't drain the fuel systems on their small engines before storage and the result is costly repairs. Ethanol is crap here in Michigan. I've been a Mechanic for 40+ years and I have seen first hand what the stuff does to carb's, plastic, rubber fuel lines, seals and metal fuel tanks. White rust corrosion in carb's, break down of plastic, once pliable rubber fuel lines now brittle just break in half and fuel tanks full of rust from phase separation. not to mention fiberglass fuel tanks on boats breaking down due to the effects. So what do you think. Would you like to live in Michigan and run a Lawn Service. :wink:

The Video is a example. Don't know what State he's in.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can see why you don't have trouble your in Florida. I'am in Michigan you don't have the Winters that we do up here. Your equipment is being used most likely every day right or wrong ??. Do you store your equipment 4-5 months out of the year ??. I think not. People that don't know about ethanol and it's effects don't drain the fuel systems on their small engines before storage and the result is costly repairs. Ethanol is crap here in Michigan. I've been a Mechanic for 40+ years and I have seen first hand what the stuff does to carb's, plastic, rubber fuel lines, seals and metal fuel tanks. White rust corrosion in carb's, break down of plastic, once pliable rubber fuel lines now brittle just break in half and fuel tanks full of rust from phase separation. not to mention fiberglass fuel tanks on boats breaking down due to the effects. So what do you think. Would you like to live in Michigan and run a Lawn Service. :wink:

I've seen the video before and his test preformed but I also know that leaving plain gas in equipment for 4 or 5 months without being used will do the same thing your blaming the ethanol for. Where a person lives and how they maintain there equipment is up to them. I mean you said it yourself my equipment is being used every day 6 days a week and a lot through the winter months and it never gets stored and it runs Ethanol gas, never seen gas without Ethanol and has for years and never had one problem Ethanol related.
The thing is your accusations of ethanol gas being crap are based on I've seen or I've heard, not fact. The Issues you state in your post can be or are basically neglect issues or people not knowing how to maintain there equipment as well. You mention fiberglass fuel tanks on boats breaking down due to the effects, I ran an 18ft bass boat with 150hp v6 engine on the back, it had a 26 gallon fuel tank full of good old 93 octane Ethanol gas all the time, ran that boat for over 20 years without any ethanol issues with the motor or tank.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/19887-post-proof-bad-ethanol-problems.html

Last edited:

jtk

Threads
The issue with ethanol fuel is that it attracts water. The 10% ethanol blend does not actually hurt the engines, rather the water that it attracts could. I have always recommended people to use the highest octane possible (92-93). This usually does not contain ethanol. If you use you equipment regularly it won't matter.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The issue with ethanol fuel is that it attracts water. The 10% ethanol blend does not actually hurt the engines, rather the water that it attracts could. I have always recommended people to use the highest octane possible (92-93). This usually does not contain ethanol. If you use you equipment regularly it won't matter.

I don't know about your 93 octane but all the 93 octane I've ever used has 10% ethanol. This ethanol thing is nothing more than a myth that was created by the oil company's. Ethanol is a bio-fuel which is a gas substitute and using it cuts the oil company's profits and they want you to think it's the worst stuff in the world when in reality it doesn't hurt a thing. It doesn't hurt plastic, rubber fuel lines, seals or metal fuel tanks. All those thing have been approved to run 10% ethanol and have been for god knows how many years.

MowerPro2

Threads
I don't know about your 93 octane but all the 93 octane I've ever used has 10% ethanol. This ethanol thing is nothing more than a myth that was created by the oil company's. Ethanol is a bio-fuel which is a gas substitute and using it cuts the oil company's profits and they want you to think it's the worst stuff in the world when in reality it doesn't hurt a thing. It doesn't hurt plastic, rubber fuel lines, seals or metal fuel tanks. All those thing have been approved to run 10% ethanol and have been for god knows how many years.

Me being a Mechanic for 40 years, I take it that your calling me a lire. You believe what you want. As for me I'am done with this conversation.:laughing: