Export thread

Echo introduces its own brand of two-cycle gas+oil pre-mix

MowerMike

MowerMike

Echo introduces its own brand of ethanol free two-cycle 50:1 pre-mix, that they've name PowerFuel. It uses their Red Armor brand of oil and has a 93 octane rating. It's a similar product to TruFuel and Stihl MotoMix that uses Stihl HP Ultra Oil. I called my local dealer, and he quoted the price as $8.99 per 1 quart can and no discount for quantity purchase. This contrasts sharply with $5.96 / qt for TruFuel, and $4.96 / qt when purchased in a box of 6 cans at my local Lowe's. I've had good luck with TruFuel, but may try out one can anyway just to see if I can notice any difference. TruFuel and MotoMix have a slightly lower 92 octane rating, but I can't see much importance when used in 2-cycle motors.

PowerFuel | ECHO USA

Echo Launches PowerFuel Pre-mixed Product from Echo Incorporated

echo-powerfuel_10953133.jpg

Ric

Ric

Not bad, That's only about $40.00 a gallon for premium gas. For that I could do a lot of driving to find some ethanol free gas.stupid.gif

Carscw

Carscw

I can not see how it would be worth it.

That would cost me $80 a day in mix gas.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Not bad, That's only about $40.00 a gallon for premium gas. For that I could do a lot of driving to find some ethanol free gas.View attachment 15521

I can not see how it would be worth it.

That would cost me $80 a day in mix gas.

Definitely NOT worth it! :confused3:

Ric

Ric

Definitely NOT worth it! :confused3:

All it is, is 93 octane or premium gas mixed with there oil. I can mix the same thing at a cost of about $6.50 a gallon and a gallon at the price quoted $8.99 a qt it would be $36.00 a gallon plus tax. Definitely Not worth it.

P

possum

Durn Carscw 2 gallons of two stroke a day is a lot of weed eating. All the OPE outfits are going to be branding it sooner or later. It is going to be as common as their oil. For average everyday folks it would be a bargain as most do not use a quart of fuel a year.

MowerMike

MowerMike

Durn Carscw 2 gallons of two stroke a day is a lot of weed eating. All the OPE outfits are going to be branding it sooner or later. It is going to be as common as their oil. For average everyday folks it would be a bargain as most do not use a quart of fuel a year.

Actually, I'm one of those average homeowner types, and I use about 2 gallons (8 quarts) of premix a year. One quart is about two tanks for my handheld blowers, and they use it up pretty quickly. I also have a gas string trimmer and a stick edger, but they consume less gas and share duty with electric units. Anyway, it costs me a little over $40 per year to keep all my 2-cycle tools running with the less expensive TruFuel brand. Personally, it's worth it not to have to mix fuel / oil or empty the fuel tanks in the tools for storage. Also, the shelf like in the can is about two years, so it never goes stale.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Also, the shelf like in the can is about two years, so it never goes stale.

That's good! :thumbsup:

Carscw

Carscw

You would think it would be a lot but I run a trimmer a edger and a push mower

MowerMike

MowerMike

You would think it would be a lot but I run a trimmer a edger and a push mower

Yeah, but unless your mower is an old 2-stroke Lawn Boy, you are not running premix in it. So, are you saying you use 2 gallons a day in your trimmer and edger, or 2 gallons of gasoline per day total ?

Carscw

Carscw

Yeah, but unless your mower is an old 2-stroke Lawn Boy, you are not running premix in it. So, are you saying you use 2 gallons a day in your trimmer and edger, or 2 gallons of gasoline per day total ?

I use around 7 gallons a day total.

Carscw

Carscw

2 STROKE
I only use snapper push mowers

image-1537799336.png

Ric

Ric

A couple of gallons of mix a day isn't a lot to use if your running a business and using 4 or 5 pieces of equipment. I always start the day with at least 5 gallons of mix on the trailer.

Carscw

Carscw

I use a 2 gallon can so I can say we need more gas so I can get some coffee.

MowerMike

MowerMike

It seems like Husqvarna has jumped on the bandwagon with their own brand of pre-mix. The MSRP is $7.59 / qt can. They have a deal similar to Stihl that they will double the warranty from 2 years to 4 years if you use it in any of their 2-stroke tools.

7f378bb9.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

They have a deal similar to Stihl that they will double the warranty from 2 years to 4 years if you use it in any of their 2-stroke tools.

View attachment 15593

I like that deal! :thumbsup:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

I like that deal! :thumbsup:

Only if echo would too :rolleyes:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Only if echo would too :rolleyes:

True...:rolleyes:

M

MowerPro2

All it is, is 93 octane or premium gas mixed with there oil. I can mix the same thing at a cost of about $6.50 a gallon and a gallon at the price quoted $8.99 a qt it would be $36.00 a gallon plus tax. Definitely Not worth it.
If you open the can and take a whiff of it, it doesn't even come close to smelling like gasoline. Yes you can mix up a gallon of premix but the downfall is it still has 10% ethanol in it or even more when they blend it. The crap reeks havoc on small engines. I haven't had a problem with any of my small equipment since I started using marine fuel it's ethanol free. I get it at the local marina rated at 90-93 octane here in Monroe, Mi. Engines run so much better on it. I'll list the site below that has ethanol free gasoline listings from State to location. A lot of people think it's not made anymore but it is. It's used for marine, agricultural and recreational it should state that on the pump but I'am not sure what the State regulations are State by State some do not require it to be posted on the pump. And yes I pay more 4.50-4.99 even if it's 6.00 a gallon it's still cheaper than buying a Qt of TruFuel at Lowe's for 5.96. It pays off in the long run no costly repairs. Also.... I buy 5 gallons at a time and use STA-BIL fuel stabilizer 2 ounces to 5 gallon of fuel and its good for 12 months.

Here's the site for those who don't know http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp Start searching your state and location and call a head and make sure that the fuel is Ethanol Free.
Steve. :thumbsup:

Ric

Ric

If you open the can and take a whiff of it, it doesn't even come close to smelling like gasoline. Yes you can mix up a gallon of premix but the downfall is it still has 10% ethanol in it or even more when they blend it. The crap reeks havoc on small engines. I haven't had a problem with any of my small equipment since I started using marine fuel it's ethanol free. I get it at the local marina rated at 90-93 octane here in Monroe, Mi. Engines run so much better on it. I'll list the site below that has ethanol free gasoline listings from State to location. A lot of people think it's not made anymore but it is. It's used for marine, agricultural and recreational it should state that on the pump but I'am not sure what the State regulations are State by State some do not require it to be posted on the pump. And yes I pay more 4.50-4.99 even if it's 6.00 a gallon it's still cheaper than buying a Qt of TruFuel at Lowe's for 5.96. It pays off in the long run no costly repairs. Also.... I buy 5 gallons at a time and use STA-BIL fuel stabilizer 2 ounces to 5 gallon of fuel and its good for 12 months.

Here's the site for those who don't know Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada Start searching your state and location and call a head and make sure that the fuel is Ethanol Free.
Steve. :thumbsup:

I've been using 93 octane with stihl oil for years in all my 2 stroke and 4 mix equipment and the only problem I had was the problem with the New Stihl gas caps recall and when I replaced the caps they were all still in working order and I infact carry the ones I replaced for spares. You say the Etanol crap reeks havoc on small engine if so it's news to me because I've never had a problem running gas with 10% ethanol in my hand held stuff or mowers. All the manufacturers say it's fine to run. Thing is you say you buy 5 gallons at a time and use STA-BIL fuel stabilizer 2 ounces to 5 gallon of fuel and its good for 12 months. I buy 25 gallons of 93 a week for as little as $2.79 a gallon, if you had to do that at $6.00 a gallon your tune would change in a hurry.

M

MowerPro2

I've been using 93 octane with stihl oil for years in all my 2 stroke and 4 mix equipment and the only problem I had was the problem with the New Stihl gas caps recall and when I replaced the caps they were all still in working order and I infact carry the ones I replaced for spares. You say the Etanol crap reeks havoc on small engine if so it's news to me because I've never had a problem running gas with 10% ethanol in my hand held stuff or mowers. All the manufacturers say it's fine to run. Thing is you say you buy 5 gallons at a time and use STA-BIL fuel stabilizer 2 ounces to 5 gallon of fuel and its good for 12 months. I buy 25 gallons of 93 a week for as little as $2.79 a gallon, if you had to do that at $6.00 a gallon your tune would change in a hurry.

I can see why you don't have trouble your in Florida. I'am in Michigan you don't have the Winters that we do up here. Your equipment is being used most likely every day right or wrong ??. Do you store your equipment 4-5 months out of the year ??. I think not. People that don't know about ethanol and it's effects don't drain the fuel systems on their small engines before storage and the result is costly repairs. Ethanol is crap here in Michigan. I've been a Mechanic for 40+ years and I have seen first hand what the stuff does to carb's, plastic, rubber fuel lines, seals and metal fuel tanks. White rust corrosion in carb's, break down of plastic, once pliable rubber fuel lines now brittle just break in half and fuel tanks full of rust from phase separation. not to mention fiberglass fuel tanks on boats breaking down due to the effects. So what do you think. Would you like to live in Michigan and run a Lawn Service. :wink:

The Video is a example. Don't know what State he's in.

Ric

Ric

I can see why you don't have trouble your in Florida. I'am in Michigan you don't have the Winters that we do up here. Your equipment is being used most likely every day right or wrong ??. Do you store your equipment 4-5 months out of the year ??. I think not. People that don't know about ethanol and it's effects don't drain the fuel systems on their small engines before storage and the result is costly repairs. Ethanol is crap here in Michigan. I've been a Mechanic for 40+ years and I have seen first hand what the stuff does to carb's, plastic, rubber fuel lines, seals and metal fuel tanks. White rust corrosion in carb's, break down of plastic, once pliable rubber fuel lines now brittle just break in half and fuel tanks full of rust from phase separation. not to mention fiberglass fuel tanks on boats breaking down due to the effects. So what do you think. Would you like to live in Michigan and run a Lawn Service. :wink:

I've seen the video before and his test preformed but I also know that leaving plain gas in equipment for 4 or 5 months without being used will do the same thing your blaming the ethanol for. Where a person lives and how they maintain there equipment is up to them. I mean you said it yourself my equipment is being used every day 6 days a week and a lot through the winter months and it never gets stored and it runs Ethanol gas, never seen gas without Ethanol and has for years and never had one problem Ethanol related.
The thing is your accusations of ethanol gas being crap are based on I've seen or I've heard, not fact. The Issues you state in your post can be or are basically neglect issues or people not knowing how to maintain there equipment as well. You mention fiberglass fuel tanks on boats breaking down due to the effects, I ran an 18ft bass boat with 150hp v6 engine on the back, it had a 26 gallon fuel tank full of good old 93 octane Ethanol gas all the time, ran that boat for over 20 years without any ethanol issues with the motor or tank.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/19887-post-proof-bad-ethanol-problems.html

J

jtk

The issue with ethanol fuel is that it attracts water. The 10% ethanol blend does not actually hurt the engines, rather the water that it attracts could. I have always recommended people to use the highest octane possible (92-93). This usually does not contain ethanol. If you use you equipment regularly it won't matter.

Ric

Ric

The issue with ethanol fuel is that it attracts water. The 10% ethanol blend does not actually hurt the engines, rather the water that it attracts could. I have always recommended people to use the highest octane possible (92-93). This usually does not contain ethanol. If you use you equipment regularly it won't matter.

I don't know about your 93 octane but all the 93 octane I've ever used has 10% ethanol. This ethanol thing is nothing more than a myth that was created by the oil company's. Ethanol is a bio-fuel which is a gas substitute and using it cuts the oil company's profits and they want you to think it's the worst stuff in the world when in reality it doesn't hurt a thing. It doesn't hurt plastic, rubber fuel lines, seals or metal fuel tanks. All those thing have been approved to run 10% ethanol and have been for god knows how many years.

M

MowerPro2

I don't know about your 93 octane but all the 93 octane I've ever used has 10% ethanol. This ethanol thing is nothing more than a myth that was created by the oil company's. Ethanol is a bio-fuel which is a gas substitute and using it cuts the oil company's profits and they want you to think it's the worst stuff in the world when in reality it doesn't hurt a thing. It doesn't hurt plastic, rubber fuel lines, seals or metal fuel tanks. All those thing have been approved to run 10% ethanol and have been for god knows how many years.

Me being a Mechanic for 40 years, I take it that your calling me a lire. You believe what you want. As for me I'am done with this conversation.:laughing: