Echo introduces its own brand of two-cycle gas+oil pre-mix

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Echo introduces its own brand of two-cycle gas+oil pre-mix
Yeah, but unless your mower is an old 2-stroke Lawn Boy, you are not running premix in it. So, are you saying you use 2 gallons a day in your trimmer and edger, or 2 gallons of gasoline per day total ?

I use around 7 gallons a day total.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
2 STROKE
I only use snapper push mowers

image-1537799336.png

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Durn Carscw 2 gallons of two stroke a day is a lot of weed eating. All the OPE outfits are going to be branding it sooner or later. It is going to be as common as their oil. For average everyday folks it would be a bargain as most do not use a quart of fuel a year.

A couple of gallons of mix a day isn't a lot to use if your running a business and using 4 or 5 pieces of equipment. I always start the day with at least 5 gallons of mix on the trailer.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use a 2 gallon can so I can say we need more gas so I can get some coffee.

MowerMike

Threads
It seems like Husqvarna has jumped on the bandwagon with their own brand of pre-mix. The MSRP is $7.59 / qt can. They have a deal similar to Stihl that they will double the warranty from 2 years to 4 years if you use it in any of their 2-stroke tools.

7f378bb9.jpg

MowerPro2

Threads
All it is, is 93 octane or premium gas mixed with there oil. I can mix the same thing at a cost of about $6.50 a gallon and a gallon at the price quoted $8.99 a qt it would be $36.00 a gallon plus tax. Definitely Not worth it.
If you open the can and take a whiff of it, it doesn't even come close to smelling like gasoline. Yes you can mix up a gallon of premix but the downfall is it still has 10% ethanol in it or even more when they blend it. The crap reeks havoc on small engines. I haven't had a problem with any of my small equipment since I started using marine fuel it's ethanol free. I get it at the local marina rated at 90-93 octane here in Monroe, Mi. Engines run so much better on it. I'll list the site below that has ethanol free gasoline listings from State to location. A lot of people think it's not made anymore but it is. It's used for marine, agricultural and recreational it should state that on the pump but I'am not sure what the State regulations are State by State some do not require it to be posted on the pump. And yes I pay more 4.50-4.99 even if it's 6.00 a gallon it's still cheaper than buying a Qt of TruFuel at Lowe's for 5.96. It pays off in the long run no costly repairs. Also.... I buy 5 gallons at a time and use STA-BIL fuel stabilizer 2 ounces to 5 gallon of fuel and its good for 12 months.

Here's the site for those who don't know http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp Start searching your state and location and call a head and make sure that the fuel is Ethanol Free.
Steve. :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you open the can and take a whiff of it, it doesn't even come close to smelling like gasoline. Yes you can mix up a gallon of premix but the downfall is it still has 10% ethanol in it or even more when they blend it. The crap reeks havoc on small engines. I haven't had a problem with any of my small equipment since I started using marine fuel it's ethanol free. I get it at the local marina rated at 90-93 octane here in Monroe, Mi. Engines run so much better on it. I'll list the site below that has ethanol free gasoline listings from State to location. A lot of people think it's not made anymore but it is. It's used for marine, agricultural and recreational it should state that on the pump but I'am not sure what the State regulations are State by State some do not require it to be posted on the pump. And yes I pay more 4.50-4.99 even if it's 6.00 a gallon it's still cheaper than buying a Qt of TruFuel at Lowe's for 5.96. It pays off in the long run no costly repairs. Also.... I buy 5 gallons at a time and use STA-BIL fuel stabilizer 2 ounces to 5 gallon of fuel and its good for 12 months.

Here's the site for those who don't know Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada Start searching your state and location and call a head and make sure that the fuel is Ethanol Free.
Steve. :thumbsup:

I've been using 93 octane with stihl oil for years in all my 2 stroke and 4 mix equipment and the only problem I had was the problem with the New Stihl gas caps recall and when I replaced the caps they were all still in working order and I infact carry the ones I replaced for spares. You say the Etanol crap reeks havoc on small engine if so it's news to me because I've never had a problem running gas with 10% ethanol in my hand held stuff or mowers. All the manufacturers say it's fine to run. Thing is you say you buy 5 gallons at a time and use STA-BIL fuel stabilizer 2 ounces to 5 gallon of fuel and its good for 12 months. I buy 25 gallons of 93 a week for as little as $2.79 a gallon, if you had to do that at $6.00 a gallon your tune would change in a hurry.