Dixie Chopper 2760HP vs. Bad Boy Lightening Z vs. Big Dog X1060

The Don'z

Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper 2760HP vs. Bad Boy Lightening Z vs. Big Dog X1060
I have a 2006 Dixie Chopper Classic 2760 with the Generac engine and love it, power to spare, fast, and I get about 5 acres on 6 gallons of gas if the grass isn't over 12 inches high. FYI. I do not have the "red engine" generac, mine is older model black engine air cooled.

dixieseller

Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper 2760HP vs. Bad Boy Lightening Z vs. Big Dog X1060
Okay I have looked at so many ZTRs now I'm going crazy. I'm wanting to stay as close to 8K as possible and looking at commerical mowers because i like the heavier deck/build.

Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 2760HP with Generac air cooled 27hp, 60inch deck
Nice machine and appears to leave a great cut but only tested at the dealer. Ride was as good as expected with the suspension seat and all.

Concern is with the Generac, I have read mixed reviews. One thing that does concern me is I read they eat up the fuel and not much mowing per tank. The tank only hold 6 gallons.

Bad Boy Lightning Z 26HP Kawaski liquid cool, 60inch deck
appears to be very solid, cut looked good but hard to tell as tested at the dealer in the ditch (all that was available) and was not very tall grass to start with. Sits up a little higher than the other ZTR's and not sure i like this but $300 cheaper and based on research engine should last longer.

Big Dog X1060 26HP Kawaski air cooled, 60inch deck
This mower is made by the same company that makes Hustler. Actually appears to be an older model Hustler with red paint.
Built solid cut okay. my grass was a little tall in one area and taller in another. Seemed to cut fine if i slowed down in both but cut the taller thicker grass no problem going fast.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of either of these mowers? I like the chopper but little hestitate on the Generac, plus i read it was a real gas guzzler but i'm not sure. Either one seems like it would do the job just looking for input.

Thanks,
Mark

I've been selling the Dixie with the Generac engines since 2006, I like the Power on these engines, they do not slow down in tall, or heavy grass like most other engines. I use a 33HP on a 72' Dixie and it may use a little more gas but at 990cc, I like the power. I just tested a customers 27HP Silver Eagle in 28" grass never slowed down.