Dixie Chopper 2760HP vs. Bad Boy Lightening Z vs. Big Dog X1060

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper 2760HP vs. Bad Boy Lightening Z vs. Big Dog X1060
The few Bad Boys I've seen are very well constructed. No problems with them, just in for spring tune-ups and check over. All three owners sing their praises, but I have not had a chance to give them a real test.

WISCOPROUD

Threads
i would definitely give Toro, gravely, Snapper Pro a good look. Very nice machines W/ a loooong track record of quality

SUPERIOR MAINTENANCE

Forum Newbie
Threads
i just bought the big dog r series 60" with the kawi 26........i miss my great dane chariot 60" with the 26 kohler command pro efi it had a 10 gallon tank i would fill once a week doing A LOT of cutting,dont have much to say about the big dog yet except smooth and comfortable

mahindradon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay I have looked at so many ZTRs now I'm going crazy. I'm wanting to stay as close to 8K as possible and looking at commerical mowers because i like the heavier deck/build.

Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 2760HP with Generac air cooled 27hp, 60inch deck
Nice machine and appears to leave a great cut but only tested at the dealer. Ride was as good as expected with the suspension seat and all.

Concern is with the Generac, I have read mixed reviews. One thing that does concern me is I read they eat up the fuel and not much mowing per tank. The tank only hold 6 gallons.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of either of these mowers? I like the chopper but little hestitate on the Generac, plus i read it was a real gas guzzler but i'm not sure. Either one seems like it would do the job just looking for input.

Thanks,
Mark

I've been around Dixie Choppers for 3 years now and they have a bunch of products that should fit your needs. If fuel is your concern you should look at a Magnum. The 22 and 24 hp kawasaki engines are fuel sippers and they just introduced a solid 23 hp Kohler with electronic fuel injection that will really do good on fuel consumption not to mention more ethanol compatible. The Magnum has the same high quality American made components as the High priced Dixie Choppers. Did you know that Dixie Chopper builds almost the entire machine from scratch in their Coatsville Indiana facility? I've watched them weld and fabricate the decks and frames from solid sheets of steel.
If you really want a beast, check out the Classic 2760T or 3560T. They come with Kawasaki FX industrial grade engines and hold 14 gallons of fuel and have easy to read fuel guages on top of the Stainless Steel tanks. It is in your price range and you might have a local dealer willing to go way below what you mentioned and give you 0% interest for 48 months and no payments until April 1st 2013. I know I would if you lived in NC.
Good luck!

Gregster

Threads
I have the Bad Boy Compact Diesel 60".
Built like a tank. I picked up the electric snow blade for the drive.
Now I look forward to mowing AND plowing!
Also picked up a tow behind rake.
Never even bogs down on any of it's duties.
Very happy with the buy!

cajunmobster

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've had My Bad Boy 60" Pup for 2 1/2 yrs now......love it like the first day I got it still.....mine has the 31hp Kawasaki eng....NEVER had ANY problems with mine,I cut 3 1/4 acres here and ride it 1/2 mile down road to cut my Mothers 1 acre....only dissapointed when run out of grass to cut....this mower doesn't discriminate against whatever I put in front of it.....I looked at a lot of mowers before this purchase and I'm very satisfied:smile:...not trying to persuade anyone what to buy,just do yourself a favor and research.....my next door neighbor just bought a new dixie chopper60" golden eagle.....it's a nice mower,just not built anywhere as nice as My Pup....it's faster (14 V 10) but both of our yards aren't golf coarses either,plus he paid 2,500$ more....and yes everybody can buy a lemon in all of these mowers also from time to time...just do yourself a favor and research......no matter what YOU prefer

Threads
I've had My Bad Boy 60" Pup for 2 1/2 yrs now......love it like the first day I got it still.....mine has the 31hp Kawasaki eng....NEVER had ANY problems with mine,I cut 3 1/4 acres here and ride it 1/2 mile down road to cut my Mothers 1 acre....only dissapointed when run out of grass to cut....this mower doesn't discriminate against whatever I put in front of it.....I looked at a lot of mowers before this purchase and I'm very satisfied:smile:...not trying to persuade anyone what to buy,just do yourself a favor and research.....my next door neighbor just bought a new dixie chopper60" golden eagle.....it's a nice mower,just not built anywhere as nice as My Pup....it's faster (14 V 10) but both of our yards aren't golf coarses either,plus he paid 2,500$ more....and yes everybody can buy a lemon in all of these mowers also from time to time...just do yourself a favor and research......no matter what YOU prefer

WELCOME TO LMF!
It sounds like you have a nice mower. Could you post some pictures of it?

The Don'z

Threads
Okay I have looked at so many ZTRs now I'm going crazy. I'm wanting to stay as close to 8K as possible and looking at commerical mowers because i like the heavier deck/build.

Nice machine and appears to leave a great cut but only tested at the dealer. Ride was as good as expected with the suspension seat and all.

Concern is with the Generac, I have read mixed reviews. One thing that does concern me is I read they eat up the fuel and not much mowing per tank. The tank only hold 6 gallons.

Bad Boy Lightning Z 26HP Kawaski liquid cool, 60inch deck
appears to be very solid, cut looked good but hard to tell as tested at the dealer in the ditch (all that was available) and was not very tall grass to start with. Sits up a little higher than the other ZTR's and not sure i like this but $300 cheaper and based on research engine should last longer.

Big Dog X1060 26HP Kawaski air cooled, 60inch deck
This mower is made by the same company that makes Hustler. Actually appears to be an older model Hustler with red paint.
Built solid cut okay. my grass was a little tall in one area and taller in another. Seemed to cut fine if i slowed down in both but cut the taller thicker grass no problem going fast.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of either of these mowers? I like the chopper but little hestitate on the Generac, plus i read it was a real gas guzzler but i'm not sure. Either one seems like it would do the job just looking for input.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark, I have a 09 2760 Classic with the Generac engine and in the past 3 years the only thing that's gone bad is 1 belt and the PTO switch. I'm an owner/operator of a small lawn service in Texas, and can mow approx. 8-10 acres on 6 Gal's of gas.
the generac has never failed me. Hope this helps you out in your decision.

lesplay2

Forum Newbie
Threads

appears to be very solid, cut looked good but hard to tell as tested at the dealer in the ditch (all that was available) and was not very tall grass to start with. Sits up a little higher than the other ZTR's and not sure i like this but $300 cheaper and based on research engine should last longer.

This mower is made by the same company that makes Hustler. Actually appears to be an older model Hustler with red paint.
Built solid cut okay. my grass was a little tall in one area and taller in another. Seemed to cut fine if i slowed down in both but cut the taller thicker grass no problem going fast.

Thanks,
Mark
mark,im jeff i have a 2008 66 inch chopper w 27 horse generac great mower,
heavy duty to the core,i run 6 days a week 12 hours a day an good on fuel also ,steering is a little mushy after all this time but just got rebuild kits for pumps,will update after repairs,take care jeff

The Don'z

Threads

Thanks,
Mark

Rad, I own a 2760 DC Classic,, I love it, and I do get fairly good gas yardage? lol, mine has the electric deck lift, there's some pros and cons on that,, it takes a little while to lift the deck, not like a foot operated where you can just step on it, and I've had to replace 2 switches for the deck lift in 3 years. ($3.50 ea.) watch at maint. budget lol,, but the Generac has been a wonderful engine, I run Mobile 1 in both the engine and the Hydr. system (you can do that with DC.) just keep the maint. up on it and it will serve you for many years.
but it all comes down to personal preference.