Dead Mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Look for the 15 amp main fuse and check it. If it is blown and you was using the elecric clutch then it is possible that the electric clutch is partially shorted or have bad place touching ground at random
Check the 15 amp fuse holder for corrosion. The fuse might be good but the fuse holder could be corroded and not making contact. I've had that happen to me, similar symptoms.

Threads
Check the 15 amp fuse holder for corrosion. The fuse might be good but the fuse holder could be corroded and not making contact. I've had that happen to me, similar symptoms.

elmrfudd

Threads
I, for one, have gained much from the great professionals here on this forum. There’s a ton of very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful experts that give great advice here. It’s obvious to me that Tim lacks patience, and didn’t want to take the time to do the testing necessary to pinpoint the cause of the problem, thus not learning the necessary troubleshooting techniques for future issues with like symptoms. Yes, the problem was fixed, but it was done so from the lack of due diligence, patience, and learning. Then, he becomes unappreciative, defensive, and then lashes out with name-calling and profanities. I, myself, am retired from an automotive transmission plant, but that does NOT qualify me, nor carry over to servicing lawn equipment, as it’s a totally different ball game. I also worked in two different lawn equipment service shops, learned a ton of stuff at each, and I’m still learning. I don’t claim to know it all, and never will. This is a great forum of experts, and I will always appreciate the help you guys give. Obviously, Tim doesn’t get it, and it’s sad that the great people of this forum has to deal with immaturity and bad attitudes from those who think they know it all and refuses sound advice.

MarineBob

Threads
Waaaaaay back an old guy then told me this basic idea about small engines. If you got gas and spark, they got to run. Maybe not good, maybe not for long, but with spark and gas they got to run. Even today, I think that is still a good place to start most diagnoses. With the plethora of safety switches these days, I think most/many/all are wired into the spark system. So if there is no spark but gas, at least you eliminated 1/2 the possible issues.

Cajun power

Threads
Alright look ladies. I came to ya'll with an issue. After a week and a half of no help, I took my limited knowledge and went with what I knew. It's not a main power issue (you'd know that if you read my OP). There's 2 switches, and 2 relays that would cause the machine to shut off suddenly during operation if they failed. Switches are 10x more likely to fail. Both switches were old and ugly. Both switches were $15 on Amazon. Replaced, fixed, end of story. But for some reason that triggered all the sissies on this site and I caught all kinds off butthurt hell. I only mentioned my credentials when ya'll started attacking my intelligence. Ya'll sound like a bunch of fuckin Biden lovers 🤦‍♂️
this one is damaged goods folks....just ignore. he's obviously here for one reason only...and it is not advice to fix a mower. just ignore. don't feed the moron.

curmudgeon555

Threads
It does make me savvy numb nuts....and smarter than you obviously. I already expressed it wasn't a battery, fuse, or solenoid issue. I also ruled out the seat switch. That only leaves ignition and/or PTO switch. There are 10 leads between those two switches. I could be a super duper smart guy like you and spend hours tracing every one of those leads, or spend $30 for both on Amazon with next day delivery and have them swapped out in 10 mins. Time is money smart guy....I think I won that battle
Kinda rude to a guy who was spending HIS time to try and help you out. A really smart guy wouldn't need to ask for help here.

mmoffitt

Threads
I come here all the time for the help,wisdom and to learn....few and far between with the "un-happy campers"!!
This is my favorite site by far thanks to all!

rutbuster1

Threads
It does make me savvy numb nuts....and smarter than you obviously. I already expressed it wasn't a battery, fuse, or solenoid issue. I also ruled out the seat switch. That only leaves ignition and/or PTO switch. There are 10 leads between those two switches. I could be a super duper smart guy like you and spend hours tracing every one of those leads, or spend $30 for both on Amazon with next day delivery and have them swapped out in 10 mins. Time is money smart guy....I think I won that battle
Dude. The guy was just trying to be helpful. No need for a reply like that. Besides, he was in fact correct. You still (technically) didn't find out what caused the problem in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.