D125 or D130

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
We have a large farm and I don't like them because of the paint they are heavy duty mowers all of our farm equipment is john deer I have cut a lot of grass with both craftsman and john deer craftsman's transmissions are better but john deer is a. Better tractor period

Ok what makes the JD a better mower?
Is it the tranny that both JD and craftsman and many others use?

Is it the front axle that is the same as craftsman made by ayp?

Is it the engine that is the same as others use?

Is it the 14 gauge frame and deck that no other brand would use?

Is it the hood that keeps falling off?

Is it that people think it's built as good as their heavy equipment?

I have a JD rubber tire loader and a excavator and love them but they let the ball drop on mowers.

Ean

Threads
Ok what makes the JD a better mower?
Is it the tranny that both JD and craftsman and many others use?

Is it the front axle that is the same as craftsman made by ayp?

Is it the engine that is the same as others use?

Is it the 14 gauge frame and deck that no other brand would use?

Is it the hood that keeps falling off?

Is it that people think it's built as good as their heavy equipment?

I have a JD rubber tire loader and a excavator and love them but they let the ball drop on mowers.

I promise my john deer will mow circles around any craftsman you have have you even owned a john deer mower or do you just think you know everything

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I promise my john deer will mow circles around a craftsman you have have you even owned a john deer mower or do you just think you know everything

I own over 100 mowers and have sold or gave away more then that.
And yes I have a few JD mowers.
Over the past 30 or so years I have used plenty of mowers.

The thing with JDs is your over paying for a name in their low end mowers. How many pro's do you see using JD mowers? Riders or ztr.
I have put the JDs to the test and they just did not hold up as good as other brands. Not even as good as a craftsman. And I consider craftsman as a mid grade mower.

Out of five JD riding mowers only one made it to 300 hours before it was not worth fixing. I put over 1000 hours on a cub cadet last year and will use it this year.
My 2007 husqvarna has over 3000 hours on it with the original engine, deck and tranny and steering parts.

On the JDs the frame is junk they break at the front axle brackets. The routing of the deck belt ( the set up of the pulleys ) is such that it bogs the engine down to much in wet and or thick grass.

Not saying that this is a fact it is just from my years of experience with them.
Riding mowers are my hobby. I have spent years finding out the pros and cons of many mowers. No mower is the perfect mower but I know what are the good and bad of most riding mowers.

This past winter I started building a mower from the ground up with the best parts from many mowers.

Ean

Threads
I think everyone has there own opinions on what they like and don't like did you get these john deer mowers from the john deer dealership or Home Depot

Threads
I think everyone has there own opinions on what they like and don't like did you get these john deer mowers from the john deer dealership or Home Depot

Yep it boils down to what type of mower you prefer, and is best for your usage.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

I got them from the dealer.

You do know that the ones they sell at lowes are the same as the ones at the dealer. Made at the same place by the same people at the same time.

Everyone has their favorite brand and will fight to the end to prove it's the best.

Ean

Threads
I got them from the dealer.

You do know that the ones they sell at lowes are the same as the ones at the dealer. Made at the same place by the same people at the same time.

Everyone has their favorite brand and will fight to the end to prove it's the best.

What broke on them

Howdy Doody

Threads
What broke on them

I guess this debate could go on forever and ever and it comes down to everyone's personal experience with a specific brand. If I purchased a certain brand and it was not reliable, I would hate them too. I read some people hate the Huskys, I have a buddy that has lots of hours on his and loves his. I see that some of you hate John Deeres, I have yet another buddy that has over 800 hours on his "L" series and he will not buy any other brand. My neighbor has a Craftsman "Anniversary" edition that he loves, and I must say I like it better than my Ariens. He said his engine "blew" up 6 months after he purchased it and they had to replace the engine. No problems since. I have a 2008 Ariens that if you read some blogs is basically a 2005 Craftsman. It has a Kohler engine with who know how many hours since it has no hour gauge. Some people here hate the Kohlers, but I have had no issues. I had to replace the Tuff Torque transmission earlier this year, which I did with a used transmission I purchased on eBay. Problem fixed, no other problems to report. Before that I had a 38" Poulan with a 17.5hp B&S which gave me zero problem too. I really do not know anyone that has owned a Cub Cadet other than what I have read on this site. One of you guys claims to have 3000 hours on one of these units with no issues? I find this to be incredible and some kind of record in this class of mower! I would be curious that type of engine you have on this mower? The 42" Cub with the Kawasaki engine was my second choice and I really, really like it, but can not get over the bad reviews and posts related to the decks being junk. I had read later that this was due to a "bad" batch of decks and it was later resolved, anyone heard of this problem? I am smart enough to know that there are some people that are retarded and will just post negative things on the web just to post things. My 3rd choice was actually a Craftsman fast with the tight turn. Again I have read that the Intek is not a great and the transmission is very jerky. So in summation, who know for sure what is good, best, most reliable....

Threads
I guess this debate could go on forever and ever and it comes down to everyone's personal experience with a specific brand. If I purchased a certain brand and it was not reliable, I would hate them too. I read some people hate the Huskys, I have a buddy that has lots of hours on his and loves his. I see that some of you hate John Deeres, I have yet another buddy that has over 800 hours on his "L" series and he will not buy any other brand. My neighbor has a Craftsman "Anniversary" edition that he loves, and I must say I like it better than my Ariens. He said his engine "blew" up 6 months after he purchased it and they had to replace the engine. No problems since. I have a 2008 Ariens that if you read some blogs is basically a 2005 Craftsman. It has a Kohler engine with who know how many hours since it has no hour gauge. Some people here hate the Kohlers, but I have had no issues. I had to replace the Tuff Torque transmission earlier this year, which I did with a used transmission I purchased on eBay. Problem fixed, no other problems to report. Before that I had a 38" Poulan with a 17.5hp B&S which gave me zero problem too. I really do not know anyone that has owned a Cub Cadet other than what I have read on this site. One of you guys claims to have 3000 hours on one of these units with no issues? I find this to be incredible and some kind of record in this class of mower! I would be curious that type of engine you have on this mower? The 42" Cub with the Kawasaki engine was my second choice and I really, really like it, but can not get over the bad reviews and posts related to the decks being junk. I had read later that this was due to a "bad" batch of decks and it was later resolved, anyone heard of this problem? I am smart enough to know that there are some people that are retarded and will just post negative things on the web just to post things. My 3rd choice was actually a Craftsman fast with the tight turn. Again I have read that the Intek is not a great and the transmission is very jerky. So in summation, who know for sure what is good, best, most reliable....

Yep I have heard people complain about all types of equipment but whatever you buy if you maintain it properly it should be ok. I just like Craftsman becuse I have always had pretty good luck with them, and when something did mess up they came out, and made it right. I had LT1000 that had a tap in the engine so without any trouble they just replaced the whole engine with one that was 2 more hp than what was on it. Just buy what makes you happy.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The reviews on the cub cadet deck is mostly with the timed deck. But every brand has the bad reviews with it.
I have found the cub deck to be strong. I have had to replace the spindles. But I take the blame for that as I hit things like bricks and a axe head.
Mine has the 19hp kohler single cyl.
It is a good engine plenty of power and no problems.