D125 or D130

Howdy Doody

Threads
I am going to buy either a D125 or a D130 in the next month or two. I noticed that both only have 2 scalp wheels and was wondering if anyone has added another set? I have added after market scalp wheels on other mowers, and some were easier than others. This feature seems to help with not scalping my lawn as much as with only 2 wheels. Any feedback would be appreciated. I was also wondering if there was any major differences other than the front bumper?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you looked at any other brand?

What makes you want a john Deere when there are better mowers out there.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am going to buy either a D125 or a D130 in the next month or two. I noticed that both only have 2 scalp wheels and was wondering if anyone has added another set? I have added after market scalp wheels on other mowers, and some were easier than others. This feature seems to help with not scalping my lawn as much as with only 2 wheels. Any feedback would be appreciated. I was also wondering if there was any major differences other than the front bumper?

There are many brands which are much better mowers.

Scag, Gravely, Exmart, Kubota and others.

Howdy Doody

Threads
There are many brands which are much better mowers.

Scag, Gravely, Exmart, Kubota and others.

I know there are heavier duty out there, but I do not see anything in its class so much better. Everyone has their own favorites I guess. I like features in different ones, but not on the same tractor.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know there are heavier duty out there, but I do not see anything in its class so much better. Everyone has their own favorites I guess. I like features in different ones, but not on the same tractor.

You can get a lot more mower going with most any brand other than JD for the same money. Your paying to much money for a name and not the Quality of most other brands.

Threads
Have you looked at any other brand?

What makes you want a john Deere when there are better mowers out there.

Yep my dad bought one, and he hates it really bad. That new Craftsman they show on tv looks pretty good 6" turning radius, and 7.5 mph forward speed. I would shop around a little more first John Deere mowers arent what they used to be.

Ean

Threads
John deer is way better than any POS Kubota or craftsman I know somebody who had a Kubota mower stayed in the shop all the time then one day it decided to catch on fire and craftsmanship have horrible steering that strips out john deer rules

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
John deer is way better than any POS Kubota or craftsman I know somebody who had a Kubota mower stayed in the shop all the time then one day it decided to catch on fire and craftsmanship have horrible steering that strips out john deer rules

Are for real?
Junk Deere is the bottom of the line mower.
The decks are junk and the pulley setup makes the engine bog down to much in thick grass. The spindles break to easy and are over priced.
The only people that buy junk Deere mowers are those that wish that where farmers. It's like the fuktards that spend $100 on a pair of work pants just to say the did.

You can spend the same money on a craftsman or a cub cadet and get a lot more and better built mower.

I understand you like the pretty green paint but until you use other mowers for 500 hours how can you even think to say what brand is better.

A few years ago it was john Deere mowers going up in flames.

Out of over 100 mowers that I have craftsman has the best steering to fix.
You really should not have to much trouble with steering if you don't turn the wheels when not moving.

Threads

Never had any of those problems with mine, and my hood hasnt fell off either like the newer john deere mowers. If you spend a ton, and get a x series john deere they are not to bad but the ones at lowes, etc are crap. You cant tell me different because I have worked on to many of them. My Craftsman has 550 hrs on it, and all I have ever done is change the oil, and regular pm service.

Ean

Threads
Are for real?
Junk Deere is the bottom of the line mower.
The decks are junk and the pulley setup makes the engine bog down to much in thick grass. The spindles break to easy and are over priced.
The only people that buy junk Deere mowers are those that wish that where farmers. It's like the fuktards that spend $100 on a pair of work pants just to say the did.

You can spend the same money on a craftsman or a cub cadet and get a lot more and better built mower.

I understand you like the pretty green paint but until you use other mowers for 500 hours how can you even think to say what brand is better.

A few years ago it was john Deere mowers going up in flames.

Out of over 100 mowers that I have craftsman has the best steering to fix.
You really should not have to much trouble with steering if you don't turn the wheels when not moving.

We have a large farm and I don't like them because of the paint they are heavy duty mowers all of our farm equipment is john deer I have cut a lot of grass with both craftsman and john deer craftsman's transmissions are better but john deer is a. Better tractor period